Rules for highlighting hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,I figured since its about that time when we get the itch to highlight our hair,here are some tips to help out.
smile.gif

1.Stick to gold or amber streaks if you have dark blonde or brown hair,and gold or strawberry streaks if you have auburn hair.

2.dont put highlights too clos together.

3.to brighten your complexion,add a few subtle highlights to your bangs and sides of the face.

4.to make hair look thicker and fuller,brush highlights along the curves of your cut or on natural curls and waves.

5.to give the illusion of lighter hair,brush highlights throughout your hair,concentrating on your hairline,part, and bangs.

6.bobs and layered cuts are best suited to highlighting.

7.condition regularly,but avoid hot-oil treatments.They tend to strip color.

Also here is a natural treatment for your hair that you can do at home:

Mash a ripe banana and mix with a few drops of almond oil.Massage entire head,and leave on for 15 min,then rinse thoroughly.

This is good for damaged hair.
smile.gif
smile.gif
Good luck everyone and i hope this is useful!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 This is really very useful, Gwen! I once tried highlighting my hair at home, but it didn't go so well...maybe I'll try to do it again and I'll use your tips! dont worry about it,those highlighting kits you get in the store never give you good instructions,in a salon i worked in,so many girls woul come in with their booboo's,that really bad orangy color,lol
smile.gif

this is great info! I'll have to do the banana hair mask one of these days. Thanks!

great info Gwen! I never highlighted my hair by myself cause I was too scared I would mess it up. but I´m getting it highlighted differently next week. can´t wait for a change ;-)

Originally Posted by Arielle great info Gwen! I never highlighted my hair by myself cause I was too scared I would mess it up. but I´m getting it highlighted differently next week. can´t wait for a change ;-) No prob guys,love making everyone smile!Lets us know how it comes out Arielle,by the way my sisters name is Ariel,lol
smile.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 No prob guys,love making everyone smile!Lets us know how it comes out Arielle,by the way my sisters name is Ariel,lol
smile.gif
*hehe* too bad my real name is Andrea. how plain, right? but I loved Arielle the mairmade as a kid´, that´s why I picked the name
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey everyone,I figured since its about that time when we get the itch to highlight our hair,here are some tips to help out.
smile.gif

1.Stick to gold or amber streaks if you have dark blonde or brown hair,and gold or strawberry streaks if you have auburn hair.

2.dont put highlights too clos together.

3.to brighten your complexion,add a few subtle highlights to your bangs and sides of the face.

4.to make hair look thicker and fuller,brush highlights along the curves of your cut or on natural curls and waves.

5.to give the illusion of lighter hair,brush highlights throughout your hair,concentrating on your hairline,part, and bangs.

6.bobs and layered cuts are best suited to highlighting.

7.condition regularly,but avoid hot-oil treatments.They tend to strip color.

Also here is a natural treatment for your hair that you can do at home:

Mash a ripe banana and mix with a few drops of almond oil.Massage entire head,and leave on for 15 min,then rinse thoroughly.

This is good for damaged hair.
smile.gif
smile.gif
Good luck everyone and i hope this is useful!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks for the guidelines! Although I never self-color, I do know a few people who need some tips.

Originally Posted by spazbaby Thanks for the guidelines! Although I never self-color, I do know a few people who need some tips. Dont we all,lol
icon_twisted.gif
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back