Rumer Willis Says Great Mentors Keep Her Grounded

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At the ripe age of 19, Rumer Willis knows the Hollywood ropes – and thanks great mentors for showing them to her.

"I see a lot of situations that seem to me to be lacking of a self-respect and a self-value where girls get drunk and they just kind of fall over each other," the actress tells Access Hollywood about watching other young stars.

"Unfortunately," she says, "when you know you're growing up and you are in this business, you don't really have the same ability to make mistakes and have it not be really detrimental."

Willis, whose parents are Bruce Willis and Demi Moore (and whose step dad is Ashton Kutcher), says that she's learned quickly from her own missteps.

"Honestly, it's been kind of making mistakes and figuring them out and having a lot of really great people as my mentors," says Willis, who's coming into her own with roles in the upcoming movies, House Bunny and From Within.

"I learned very quickly what kind of person I didn't want to be," she says. Asked what kind of person that is, she answered, "Just somebody who doesn't take their job seriously."

Willis, who last month was in a hotel room when police arrested a man on drug charges, also says that she's learned to remove herself from bad situations.

"It's really easy to say, 'Look people are doing something that I don't like and I don't want to be around. I m gonna go,' " she told Access host Billy Bush.

And she's learned not to read too many press accounts about herself. Asked if she reads online blogs, she said, "I try not to. I used to a lot and it was really hurtful."

As she sees it, "There's obviously a lot of people that want to say that ... I have some big trust fund. And it's so easy to judge people and put them down when you're not looking at them in the face."

SOURCE - PEOPLE.COM

she sounds very intelligent and grounded thank gosh cos there is not many there like that..

Latest posts

Back