Runaway Bride Gets Cold Feet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This really is sad & bizarre.
confused.gif
eek.gif

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7665482/?GT1=6428

Yeah, NM is a bit too far away. I guess she had to think for a alooooong time
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 wow... thats a tad extreme, ya think? LOL
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 wow... thats a tad extreme, ya think? LOL
icon_eek.gif
I know. Sounds like she wanted out & not time away.

Originally Posted by lilla Yeah, NM is a bit too far away. I guess she had to think for a alooooong time
icon_eek.gif
Outta-state-outta-mind huh? Oh no, that's not right....
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Yeah, she really lost me there... You want to go somewhere, go to S. Carolina. NM is like 2 day drive.....

Originally Posted by keaLoha Outta-state-outta-mind huh? Oh no, that's not right....
wink.gif
tongue.gif

thanks for wasting people's time, loser, when they could've been searching for someone who was really missing. what the hell did she think, after the whole laci thing, and others who have gone missing?

Originally Posted by charms23 Yeah I really don't like how this woman misled everyone, including her own friends and family. I mean she should've at least told someone, anyone, that she needed time to think and that she'd need some space. I have no compassion for her anymore. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but I just think that this was a person who got used to getting what she wants. Charmaine, I couldn't agree more. I've never been married, but have helped so many friends & family w/stressful weddings. Personally, I think she's selfish b/c she truly didn't think about anyone other than herself. I feel sorry for her family more than I do her.

The first thought that popped into my head when I heard they found her was I wonder if her fiance was abusive and she thought maybe her running away was the only way out for her? I don't know...but for the most part I agree, it was stupid of her to do that, scare her whole family half to death. She probably felt that if she stayed, her family would just say - oh its only jitters and pressure her to continue getting married. Some people are just not emotionally strong enough to stand their ground.

Originally Posted by keaLoha Personally, I think she's selfish b/c she truly didn't think about anyone other than herself. I feel sorry for her family more than I do her. Totally agree with you there!
wink.gif

I aggree!

Originally Posted by Jennifer thanks for wasting people's time, loser, when they could've been searching for someone who was really missing. what the hell did she think, after the whole laci thing, and others who have gone missing?

I know! I just saw some footage on TV about this & they played the 911 call she made to NM police. I'm no expert on law, but she placed a false call to 911/police & should be punished. IMO, it's crying wolf & exhausting resources from real missing persons cases.

Originally Posted by keaLoha Outta-state-outta-mind huh? Oh no, that's not right....
wink.gif
tongue.gif
Ha Ha.....good one....sick puppy ~

Another story I heard, about the 3 yr. old kid - who got out from his house, took the bus downtown to the movie theater, cause he wanted to see some movie in town - don't know the full details., but could you image a little kid getting on a public transportation "BUS" - he must of went on with people boarding - which didn't raise any concern w/the driver - Driver must of thought he belonged with one of the adults boarding!!!! Kids ride free anyway.....so,,,,didn't raise any suspicions!!!

He must of known where to catch the bus, and where to get off - I guess the parent probably brought him to the Cinema quite a few times - so the kids' got it down to a science....Got to give the kid credit...@ 3 yrs old ??? Great sense of direction!!!! ps..... In the end...................he was ok.... Im sure the parents were frantic lookin' around the house for him..... kids will be kids !!!
tongue.gif

On CNN today they said that some local law enforcement was going to question her and possibly charge her for the false 911 call and such. They also said that she still wants to get married, she just wants to postpone the wedding ... so I don't know what's going on there! I would be a little worried that maybe the fiance is abusive or that the relationship was otherwise not right, why would she have such an extreme reaction to run away to NM but then still want to get married? Unless maybe her family was driving her crazy with the wedding planning -- they had invited 600 guests (!!) and I have heard horror stories of families forcing couples to do everything the family wanted for the wedding instead of letting the couple do what they wanted ... so who knows what was going on! (I used to post on a wedding planning site a lot, and I heard so many horror stories -- made me realize how fortunate we are to have such great families and in-laws!)

I just found it odd how a 30 year old adult had to runaway in the first place and so FAR away. Waste of time, money and people just because you didn't have the nerve to speak up. Sad is right!

Originally Posted by Sofia I just found it odd how a 30 year old adult had to runaway in the first place and so FAR away. Waste of time, money and people just because you didn't have the nerve to speak up. Sad is right! I feel the same way. She's a grown woman who behaved like a scared little girl.
Sounds like she succumbed to the pressures of a wedding & didn't think about the marriage itself. I would NEVER allow anyone to pressure me into planning a wedding they wanted & not what I wanted. It's all speculation, but she behaved poorly & failed to use any judgement.

I hope they charge her w/placing a false call. People in her hometown are rightfully upset w/her actions. They all said that they could deal w/her getting cold feet, but to concoct a bogus story about being kidnapped & then admitting she lied about it, then she needs to be responsible for her actions & lack of judgement.

Latest posts

Back