Sad news for a family friend

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
it's someone we know along with his wife and kids since i was ten, they're close friends of the family. we both live in the parisian suburd, so we see each other regularly, and they were invited to check out my parents' house last week. they called the day before to cancel because he wasn't feeling well. my dad called tonight and we learned he has to have dialysis like 2 or 3 times a week. i don't know exactly how he got it but he has Berger's disease, and it's really sad, my dad was shocked when he learned that. we knew about his illness, and we knew it was going worse over the years. but still, learning this... i can't imagine how he's feeling, i know his wife is strong, and of course, we're here to help, but i know they're going through a hard time
frown.gif

So sorry to hear that! I'm not sure what Berger's disease is, but I do know a couple people that have been on dialysis for years and are in relatively good health. It's a tough routine to become used to, but hopefully it'll work out and he'll be okay!

I can't imagine how difficult it must be for the family and your family, i'm sure.

I think what anyone can do is pray and try to be supportive as much as you can. It's difficult to rationalize what's happening when you're emotionally overwhelmed.

I send out much support and prayers!

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif So sorry to hear that! I'm not sure what Berger's disease is, but I do know a couple people that have been on dialysis for years and are in relatively good health. It's a tough routine to become used to, but hopefully it'll work out and he'll be okay! i googled a bit and it's a disease that attacks the kidneys (something about antibodies). there's no cure but i know there are not so many deaths, so it's just really a tough routine to get used to, but it sucks he has to go through that. he's in the hospital today, the docs are making one of his veins bigger (in order to prepare the dialysis).

It's sad, but at least it's a chronic disease that can be controlled with dialysis - he'll probably need a kidney transplantation (basically because dialysis sucks MAJOR time - not a technical thing, but i'm not really in the mood to explain why).

And patients on dialysis survive for long periods .

Latest posts

Back