Sad Songs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sitting here listening to David Gray. Lately I've been in a mood where I just want to listen to sad mellow music. I guess its just a phase anyone else go through days like this?
icon_redface.gif

I've been listening to Fiona Apple a lot recently which is kind of angry/sad, and everytime I hear "First day of my life" by Bright Eyes I get choked up
icon_cry.gif

I usually only listen to sad songs when I really need to cry and get all those emotions out. then I cry for like one or two hourse and feel much better afterwards. the songs that make me cry have always some kind of memory attached to them or they just have really sad lyrics.

here are my fave "I´m gonna cry like a lil girl when I listen to these" songs:
biggrin.gif

1. Mariah Carey - Without you

2. Minnie Driver - Everything I´ve got in my pocket

3. J. Roman ft. Soluna - Where are you

4. Maroon 5 - She will be loved

*bohoo* just thinking of these makes my cryyyy
icon_cry.gif
I´m really such a big baby *lol*

since i'm a daddy's girl, songs like "daughters" and "butterfly kisses" make me sad.

Oh geez! I know! You are so right though, you do feel better when you let out a really good cry. It really does make all the difference. PMS time is the worst, thats when I really ball
icon_cry.gif
!!!!!!!!!!! I think I just really like when men sing about deep feelings. I just love men when they are emotional.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

I have to say I like it better to listen to a sad song sung by a woman, I just feel like women know more about these things b/c they´re generally more emotional than men.

Originally Posted by Trisha my sad songs
  • Always On My Mind - Elvis or anyone who sings it well, esp the guy from Ally McBeal, loved that version of it
  • What If - Kate Winslet
  • Hopelessly Addicted - The Corrs
  • Unbreakable - Westlife
  • Sorry, Love Daddy - Brian McFadden
  • Across The Universe - its a Beatles song but i like the Fiona Apple versh (Lea thats all ive heard by her dya think i'd like her stuff)
  • Me & A Gun - Tori Amos
  • Feels Like Home - Chantal Kreviazuk
  • If I Can't Love You - Dakota Moon
i could go on and on, i love music so much x
Oh yeah Elvis for sure! "Are you lonesome tonight"Is another one for sure!

ditton on those elvis songs. and add elvis' "i can't help falling in love with you"

Originally Posted by Liz ditton on those elvis songs. and add elvis' "i can't help falling in love with you" oh yeah, especially with the movie , Fools rushin, when they're getting married on the canyon edge and they play that song!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tears Tears Tears!
icon_cry.gif

My Immortal from Evanescence always gets me, but that's because of a personal reason.

Originally Posted by Liz since i'm a daddy's girl, songs like "daughters" and "butterfly kisses" make me sad. Oh, I love John Mayer! That song made me cry a little the first time I heard it. Actually, I only like to listen to that song alone, or on my Ipod...just a personal song for me...I also like his song Comfortable
Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton is a very sad song as well, and makes me cry...both because its beautiful and the reason he wrote it...

Another vote for Elvis's Can't Help Falling in Love...and I loved Fools Rush In

Dave Matthews So Damn Lucky...Lover Lay Down...The Space Between....Sleep to Dream Her

Sting's Fragile, If I Ever Lose My Faith in You

As you can tell, I think I prefer men singing these types of songs...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I listen to sad slow songs everytime I feel like I want to look back to my past life and tell myself that I'm a happy person and I've got nothing to worry about now.

I guess, I didn't have a "happy childhood".

Here's my list :

Quiet - Rachael Yamagata

Come Away with Me ~ Norah Jone

Across The Universe ~ Fiona Apple

I Am Free ~ Mariah Carey

Looking in ~ Mariah Carey

How Can You Mend of Broken Heart ~ Bee Gees

Place Nearby ~ Lene Marlin ( Norwegian Singer)

Maybe I'll go ~ Lene Marlin ( Norwegian Singer)

Daughters ~ John Mayers

Sacrifice ~ Elton John

Yesterday & Today ~ Do As Infinity ( Japanese Song)

S'il Suffisait D'aimer~ Celine Dion

En Attendant Ses Pas ~ Celine Dion

Ookina Furui Tokei~ Hirai-Ken ( Japanese Song)

First Love~ Utada Jikaru ( Japanese Song)

I can't help falling in love with you ~ Elvis but covered by Michael buble

Home ~ Michael Buble

That's All ~ Michale Buble

Out of reach ~ Gabriel

Only Time ~ Enya

And more haha.

it depends, some not so sad songs make me cry only because they're attached to some kinda memories..

but the songs i usualy listen to when i feel down and try to let it all out:

Mriah carey-I still believe

Maroon 5-the sweetest goodbye

Daniel Bedengfield-if you're not the one

fiona apple-pale septemper

unbreak my heart% how could an angel break my heart all by: Toni Braxton

George jones-he stopped loving her today

norah jones-don't know why&don't miss you at all

secret love-nicos

you see i'm a music freak and this could take more than 4 pages so..

icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha
  • Across The Universe - its a Beatles song but i like the Fiona Apple versh (Lea thats all ive heard by her dya think i'd like her stuff)
I don't have that track, but I'll burn one of her albums for you. She's a bit like an angry Tori Amos.

Oh yes Amazing Grace for sure thats a definite tear jerker! I also love anything by Staind. "Its been a while" always makes me sad.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Sofia My Immortal from Evanescence always gets me, but that's because of a personal reason.
OH I really know what you mean!! Everytime! Doesn't make me cry just puts me in that mood, and there are a few songs from Staind that do it too!

Breathe Me Sia

Yesterday The Beatles

Mad World (song in Donnie Darko)

The Rose Bette Midler

Here with me(remix/ambient)Enya/Dido

Trouble Coldplay

Always on My Mind Willie Nelson

Songbird Fleetwood Mac

Sarah McLachlan(most of her music..beautiful music but haunting)

Black Pearl Jam

Wish You Were Here Pink Floyd

too many...

"Hallelujah" always makes me cry... its so haunting and beautiful at the same time.

"God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys is another real tear jerker for me
icon_cry.gif

I agree with Staind--It's Been A While, Evanessence--My Immortal, and lots by Sarah McLachlan but especially this one called When Somebody Loved Me. It was featured in the movie Toy Story 2 but don't let that put you off. It is so incredibly SAD, haunting and beautiful!

My other picks: Nothing Compares 2 U--Sinead O'Connor, Don't Speak--No Doubt, Girl I'm Gonna Leave You--Led Zeppelin.

Latest posts

Back