sad...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very sorry, just ignore her...

Originally Posted by Joyeuux So a customer at work came up to me today and asked "OMG, when are you due???"
To which I respond: "Um, I'm not pregnant."

"You aren't??" she says. "Oh, I think it must've just been a shadow. Or maybe your brush belt. Yeah, that's probably it."

Thanks lady.

icon_cry.gif

I love this answer... she would have deserved it too..
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by StephieCee Should've said "Next month, and I think it's your husbands"
icon_mad.gif

Aw, I'm sorry Joy! It happened to me too, a long time ago (early 90's) when I was actually of normal weight. I was working at a Fashion Bug and wearing what I thought was a cute ensemble of a babydoll top and leggings--which isn't flattering if you're large-busted... A customer made the dreaded comment...It hurt my feelings so badly, I had to go in the back room and have a little cry.

I hope after the initial hurt wears off you can see how beautiful you are and that ultimately you define yourself and you decide how happy you are going to be! It was just one person's thoughtless comment. Don't be sad, ok?
icon_wink.gif

She shouldn't have said that! Just disregard her! PMS I'm sure had to do with it too. I remember a girl from work who looked like she was 5 months pregnant whenever she had her period.

I just wanted to thank you guys for responding & helping cheer me up. I know I can't define myself by one person's comments -- it just stings a little.
icon_rolleyes.gif

But at any rate, I've let it go. And yea, I think she was probably mortified when she realized what she had said.

This new job has been good for me, because I'm learning how to not take things personally! Interacting with such a wide range of people (kind AND rude) has been teaching me to let negativity just roll off me.

You all are such sweeties and thanks for offering encouragement to me. It means a lot. :icon_love

It is great that you are enjoying your new job. There are so many people who work but don't like what they do and they become misable!
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I just wanted to thank you guys for responding & helping cheer me up. I know I can't define myself by one person's comments -- it just stings a little.
icon_rolleyes.gif
But at any rate, I've let it go. And yea, I think she was probably mortified when she realized what she had said.

This new job has been good for me, because I'm learning how to not take things personally! Interacting with such a wide range of people (kind AND rude) has been teaching me to let negativity just roll off me.

You all are such sweeties and thanks for offering encouragement to me. It means a lot. :icon_love

i'm glad you're doing so well at mac and having a good time. you should always love your job and have a good time doing it

Back