sad...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So a customer at work came up to me today and asked "OMG, when are you due???"

To which I respond: "Um, I'm not pregnant."

"You aren't??" she says. "Oh, I think it must've just been a shadow. Or maybe your brush belt. Yeah, that's probably it."

Thanks lady.

icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by StephieCee Should've said "Next month, and I think it's your husbands"
icon_mad.gif
lol, yea, I should've said something like that.

Originally Posted by StephieCee Should've said "Next month, and I think it's your husbands"
icon_mad.gif
hahaha
argh. some people are so rude! haven't they seen that one commercial with this same situation but they were at the grocery store. some people should just keep their mouth shut
icon_evil.gif

don't worry about it though. you're beautiful chica!

Open mouth, insert foot. I love how she tried to explain herself & get out of it. What a TOTAL loser.

Joy, you're beautiful so forget her comments. Just remember, she has absolutely NO tact.

icon_mad.gif
LMAO! And the post of the month award goes to StephieCee.
On a serious note, Joy take no notice of people like that. She's probably so jealous of you & makes comments like that to make herself feel better. If you wanna me to fly over & kick some ass just shout!

Thank you -- you all are such sweeties. I wish that I hadn't let that lady affect me, but I've been self-conscious about my weight lately (and I'm PMSing, so great timing, lol).

I really believe she wasn't trying to be malicious -- she was honestly like "aww, you're pregnant, wow!" But I think it's a BAD idea to comment on someone's potential pregnancy unless it's SO obvious that the baby is gonna drop any day now.

It's funny though -- my reaction was to go home and eat ice cream. Now how does THAT make any sense?? haha, sigh...

Originally Posted by Joyeuux So a customer at work came up to me today and asked "OMG, when are you due???"

"You aren't??" she says. "Oh, I think it must've just been a shadow. Or maybe your brush belt. Yeah, that's probably it."

Thanks lady.

icon_cry.gif

What witches.Some people can be so stupid some times,sorry that happened to you,i know it sucks and hurts.My husband and i move down to Florida and around Christmas time his firm was having a huge party at a hall.Well i was so nervous because i didn't know any of these people and i just had my daughter in Jan. Well my husband managed to drag me there,and for what, because i kid you not ,five min being there this woman comes up to me,(typical boca chick,rich ,snobby and plastic surgeons dream)
eek.gif
Well she pats my stomach and sceams of my god your pregnant and congratulates me in front of everyone,i wanted to die.I wish people would just shut there mouths sometimes,but people dont think
frown.gif

Hi Joyeuux,

Mabe you should take that ladies comment as a compliment,i know it's easy to get upset especially if you are worried about your weight etc,.Mabe what she really meant is that you look healthy and glowing,your skin and hair were looking particularly shiny and lustrous!!!! A good hair and skin day!!!!

Oh, Joy, I'm sorry about that. I hope today is a better day for you.
icon_biggrin.gif

Don't feel bad. Once, when I worked retail, a 70-year-old lady told me how much she liked my lipstick. I said thank you and she said, "It looks just like one of mine."

awww,, I am so sorry to hear that...don't make urself down cuz of that lady...maybe she was complimenting instead what she meant to say...you know ladies jelous of ladies...
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux So a customer at work came up to me today and asked "OMG, when are you due???"

Thanks lady.

icon_cry.gif

Joy pay no mind to that. I am not a skinny chick and i get that "but you have such a pretty face" line with the look of sadness from people it's those people i wanna kick I love myself the way I am and with the amount of IMs i get from guys daily it's obvious someone likes chubby chicks cus i hear how pretty i am from them all the time lol.and it all comes down to how you feel about yourself. if you let these people get to you then they win they have some sort of power over you. You have to stand up with your head held high and love yourself for who you are with all of your talents and F*** the rest of the world and what they think since in your world what they think shouldn't matter anyway.

joy, i'm sorry
frown.gif
don't pay any mind to ignorant people like that.

one time, like, a month ago, i said to these regular customers at my old job, "oh, you're pregnant!" because i only see them sitting down, you know. then, i realized she was a bit big naturally and i stood there, with my hand across my mouth, like, oh, my god, and then she's like, "yep! due in 2 months!" and i was so relieved.

i admit, people talk outta their asses sometimes. i'm sure the lady meant no harm. you're gorgeous
smile.gif

I know how you feel Joy. I was in Vegas in January and i wasn't in my tip-top shape, but I was far from big. I had like 5 people ask if I was pregnant. I got soooo mad cuz it felt like everyone was saying the same thing to me. When I told them I wasn't, they would be like "oh but you have such a glow...it must be cuz you're in love" I was just like "yeah whatever...just tell me I look fat"

I definitely think people should keep pregnant comments to themselves unless the person actually says something about it. Most people would get very offended, cuz the majority of the time they're not pregant.

that would've been a great response!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_mad.gif

To hell w/her Joy. That was very rude of her. You're a beautiful lady... dont let her silly comment get to you.

Thanks lady.

icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Thank you -- you all are such sweeties. I wish that I hadn't let that lady affect me, but I've been self-conscious about my weight lately (and I'm PMSing, so great timing, lol).
I really believe she wasn't trying to be malicious -- she was honestly like "aww, you're pregnant, wow!" But I think it's a BAD idea to comment on someone's potential pregnancy unless it's SO obvious that the baby is gonna drop any day now.

It's funny though -- my reaction was to go home and eat ice cream. Now how does THAT make any sense?? haha, sigh...

yeah that does make sense. eating can be sooo comforting, I know, I do it all the time. Haagen Daaz-Ice cream is the best for that purpose ;-)
I´m sure the lady felt sooo bad after saying this. probably worse than you did *lol*

hope that doesn´t get you down...not even with your PMS. heads up, you´re beautiful, girlie
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back