Sally Beauty Supply - Reccomendations!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last week i finally went into Sally Beauty for the first time, and brought a heat-protecting spray. it was the best!! better than any salon one i have ever brought , and it only cost me 3.99!

i am planning to get a deep conditioner and a shine enhancer from sally beauty supply. any reccomendations from there?

I went to Sally's and bought the Jazzing on Janelles recomendation but have yet to try it because I have been on vacation. It is a hair glosser (in color clear).

I used to use Ion Amplifying Volume Builder (a spray to use before blow drying). I really liked it, but I like to try lots of brands so I didn't stick with it.

oooooo is it the beyond the zone one? i have it and its AMAZING

I generally like their generic products in Sally's... Instead of buying the actual Paul Mitchell products, I'd pick up their generic ones, save a ton of money and then still get great product... other than that, I love Sally's for their combs and brushes and to pick up samples of new products...
claps.gif

Originally Posted by QurlySq I generally like their generic products in Sally's... Instead of buying the actual Paul Mitchell products, I'd pick up their generic ones, save a ton of money and then still get great product... other than that, I love Sally's for their combs and brushes and to pick up samples of new products...
claps.gif
totally agree, before i use to always spend hundereds of dollars on sephora or salons, buying expensive hair products
icon_frown.gif
cause i thought they would work better...

then when i tried this ion spray, it looked like it came straight from the dollar store, but it worked so much better, and cheaper too~!

that's why i am hoping to find a hair repair treatment /shine enhancer (probably go for the Jazzing reccomendation)

Howdy!

If you are looking for a shine enhancer you have got to try Sally's generic version of Paul Mitchell Slick Works!!:

264046.jpg

It is wonderfull to say the least, it will give you a high shine almost wet look without a sticky/greasey feel just using two dime size amounts. The only problem that I can say is that I have to apply it everyday to get that wet look (when I want to put my hair up), however the buildup is not to bad (note I have 4a hair, people with fine hair may have to use less). Also try it out when you want to blow out your hair, real nice.
claps.gif

hi kinda new

check out the MotownGirl.com web page for natural hair
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by QurlySq I generally like their generic products in Sally's... Instead of buying the actual Paul Mitchell products, I'd pick up their generic ones, save a ton of money and then still get great product... other than that, I love Sally's for their combs and brushes and to pick up samples of new products...
claps.gif

I like the Ion alcohol free hair spray. I spray some on my fingers and wipe it over my brows to set brow makeup.

I'm definitely impressed with the Generic's and the Beyond the Zone products... they are just like the expensive brands
wink.gif

I buy alot from Sallys. The nail files are super cheap. I also buy all my hair dye products there (ask the ladies @ work there and they'll tell you how to mix it - it's super easy) it's cheaper than the box kits in the stores even! I love the disposable shower caps for deep conditioning treatments, and at home hair dying. I even buy the generic biolage products and love them. I don't recomend the beyond the zone flat ironing spray if you have thin hair like I do. Otherwise I hear its excellent! I've saved major $$$ @ Sallys! Also spend the $5 for the sallys beauty card that gives you a discount on all items. I saved over $3 on my purchase yesterday alone and that will more than pay for the card in 2 trips!

I actually was at Sally's yesterday to buy some "Top Stick" (yes, the infamous 'toupee' tape that kept J-Lo's green dress ON her body! LOL
wink.gif
)

I ended up picking up quite a few hair things... so far - so good!! (As with all the Beyond the Zone products) BTZ usually has a chart to tell you what all their products compare to... and they're all high end things!
wink.gif

I got:

BTZ Straight Shot - Straightening Balm

BTZ Turn up the Heat - Flat iron protectant spray

BTZ After Shock (I think its called - its in the shower) - conditoner booster

TresSemme 4+4 Styling Mousse

Clairol 'For Perms Only' - curling spray

'Stylists lingo' water spray bottle

Top Stick Toupee tape... (went to a wedding yesterday, and the top of my dress was a bit big... if i didn't keep pulling it down - my chest would be partially hanging out! lol - it's a cris-cross type top) but it sorta worked... guess it's better on skin-to-material applications instead of material-to-material ones...)

Here's me & Leo @ the reception hall
wink.gif

and yes, I used all the BTZ stuff - possibly too much, it was kinda dirty feeling...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol What a cute couple! You look great J! Thanks luv! :icon_love

Latest posts

Back