Sally Hansen Smooth Glow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know I posted this in skin care talk but I just had to post it again and rave because I couldn't stand it if this was discontinued!!

SH Smooth Glow is a three in one product; a moisturizer, stubble reducer and gradual self tanner. I'd been using almost every gradual tanner out there and couldn't find one that didn't leave me too orange or got spotty. I did a search for gradual tanners and I found a sunless tanning website that posted the SHSG as their number 1 pick for gradual tanners. I thought I'd give it a try and the results have been amazing!

The color I've gotten is exactly what color I'd be if I was tanning in the sun. A light/medium brown even though my skin is normally very pale. Since it's made for all skin tones, I think it works with your body's natural coloring to give you your final color. I use a moisturizer on my hands, feet, elbows and knees before I apply just to be on the safe side and instead of washing my hands afterwards, I use the little antibacterial cleansing wipes on my palms and in between my fingers as well on my nails.

The smell is tolerable but not great. But it's definitely worth it. I couldn't find it anywhere but at Rite-Aid and I almost freaked out when I couldn't find it anywhere else! It's my HG!

So if you gal's are looking for a very natural gradual tanner that'll also cut how often you shave in half then look no further. This stuff is simply amazing. Also, I use it on my face and no breakouts whatsoever. Here's the ingredient list:

Water, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Dihydroxyacetone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Dimethicone, Erythrulose, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Xanthan Gum, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Bisulfite, DMDM Hydantoin, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Epilobium Roseum Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Alcohol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Hope you girls give it a try; I simply can't rave enough!

Take care,

Tiana

Oooh thanks I was interested in trying that out. I like that it adds the shave reducing too!

Back