Sample Jars for Pigments - Where do they come from?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where these sellers on ebay get these sample jars? I'm thinking about buying some samples but I'm a little leery, because I don't know where these sample jars come from? I would rather buy my own pigments, but I know I won't use them all, so it's easier for me to buy these samples off of ebay...but, like I said where do they come from?
icon_neutral.gif

Thanks for any info you can provide...

another voter for kanachan! I got mine from her
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha I assume they jus buy empty pots and make the samples from their own full size pigments, some people do make "fakes" but most are legit and wana make some money/or some of the cost of the pigment back, as most people would never go thru a whole jar.
seller kanachan on ebay is excellent, genuine pigments, great prices, have a look xx

Thanks Trisha and lilla I'll check her out!!!!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha I assume they jus buy empty pots and make the samples from their own full size pigments, some people do make "fakes" but most are legit and wana make some money/or some of the cost of the pigment back, as most people would never go thru a whole jar.
seller kanachan on ebay is excellent, genuine pigments, great prices, have a look xx

Hi Greeneyedangel, I only learned of these pigments since I joined MUT but here is a paragraph that I found on ebay....these are the sample jars..

Pigments are very versatile and have many uses, depending on the shade; they make great eyeshadow or eyeliner, look pretty mixed with lip gloss or nail polish, or can make a great all over highlighter. They are highly pigmented and a little bit goes a very long way. Used as an eyeshadow a 1/4 tsp sample should last for at least 30+ uses, probably more. These samples all come from brand new and never used jars, and are placed into new 5 gram jars, using sterile instruments. These jars have been labeled with the pigment color, for your convenience.

HTH!!

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel What do these pigments do exactly? I see them all the time, but not sure of there purpose?

people buy the sample jars from sites or companies that make things like that. like plastic bottles for traveling. or glass jars for chemicals.

but they are supposed to be sanitized/new since it's against ebay rules to sell used makeup (some people do slip by though since there are a lot of auctions).

but people buy the full sized pigments and sell them as samples on ebay.

you just have to be careful with the shipping charges.

they'll charge $0.75 for the sample, but $4.00 to ship. WTF?!?!

You're welcome! xx
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by suziqq322 Thanks Trisha and lilla I'll check her out!!!!
claps.gif

Latest posts

Back