Sample Society April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love their service on the whole, but sometimes in these cases it's kind of arbitrary and I wish they'd stick to one thing or another. Once I was refunded the entire cost of the box for a missing product. Last month I received an empty tube of a face product and I received a $5.00 credit. I appreciate it and realize that certain other services might just block you from their Facebook pages for complaining, but not having a set policy can make for unhappy subscribers in the end.

Quote: Originally Posted by norfolkaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  so sad, I received my box, but no liner,I was pretty excited to see what color I would get, but nada! I called to see if they could send me a liner, but they could only offer me a $5.00 off my next purchase code, so sad
No, that doesn't sound quite right.

I got the pink eyeliner and it's really....pink. The suggestion to layer it with black eyeliner did tone it down significantly and made it a much more wearable color. Thanks for the tip!

so sad, I received my box, but no liner,I was pretty excited to see what color I would get, but nada! I called to see if they could send me a liner, but they could only offer me a $5.00 off my next purchase code, so sad
Yea I would absolutely e-mail them and tell them that is unacceptable. Tell them you don't plan on making a purchase and you paid $15 for a box and should receive every item that was intended. A $5 coupon code does not make up for a missing item. If that doesn't work I would call them and tell them the situation and tell them you're not satisfied with the resolution. They have excellent customer service, so if you're unhappy with their resolution (which you should be) they will make it right, I'm sure!

This is what happened to me last month! I'd email them again and tell them you are completely not accepting that and their guarantee is you have a full sample of everything they send, if you didn't get it that's not fair. Good luck!

I soooooo want to love Sample Society, but this $5 thing off a future purchase is not looking good if you have an issue with your box...

I emailed about my almost empty H2O they gave me the same $5 offer. I was thinking of cancelling but this convinced me. Something about their boxes packed out of the country so they can't send just one item. I'm trying to not scream on their FB page

Hope it's ok to ask a general question about Sample Society here....many of the SS box reviews I've read on various sites mention perfume samples. More so than other boxes, it seems. Do you find that you get a lot of perfume samples? Does their profile quiz ask whether or not you'd like to recieve them? I never wear perfume, so if they're a frequent item in the boxes, it'd seriously cut into the value for me. Thanks!

Hope it's ok to ask a general question about Sample Society here....many of the SS box reviews I've read on various sites mention perfume samples. More so than other boxes, it seems. Do you find that you get a lot of perfume samples? Does their profile quiz ask whether or not you'd like to recieve them? I never wear perfume, so if they're a frequent item in the boxes, it'd seriously cut into the value for me. Thanks!
I have been a member of Sample Society for awhile now and I'm the same as you re: not wanting perfume samples -- and we rarely (if ever!) get perfume samples. It is one of my favorite boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lyllis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hope it's ok to ask a general question about Sample Society here....many of the SS box reviews I've read on various sites mention perfume samples. More so than other boxes, it seems. Do you find that you get a lot of perfume samples? Does their profile quiz ask whether or not you'd like to recieve them?

I never wear perfume, so if they're a frequent item in the boxes, it'd seriously cut into the value for me.

Thanks!
I've only been subscribing for a couple of months now, but I always research a box extensively before subscribing. If I recall correctly, while perfume has been included in boxes before, it's not an item that is included frequently. I definitely think a box like Birchbox for example, tends to include more fragrance samples than Sample Society does.

Sample society and I are officially done. They replied to my email basically saying that every situation is different. And since everything else was ok the $5 credit was the max available.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Generally speaking, I get better results when I call CS vs email. fwiw.
This ^^

I would call and tell them that is completely unacceptable in every way. You paid $15 for 5 samples to arrive. If only 4 arrive, it's their responsibility to replace your missing item. If I ordered something from any other company and it came damaged/missing an items etc, do you think it would be OK for them to say "oh ok, we'll here's a coupon code for next time you buy something." No way. You paid money for a product. You did not receive what was promised for the money you spent. Why would you spend MORE money just to use a coupon code for a measly $5?

Do not take no for an answer. I would be livid if they tried pulling that $5 coupon crap on me.

I''ve noticed that the emails are written in very poor English. And that's from different people. The attitude was that it WAS half full after all. I corrected them that is was almost empty. I am at work and can sneak in emails (and these posts) but not a phone call. I don't expect to hear back from them. I need to let it go. Thanks for letting me vent though! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by melanie0971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I''ve noticed that the emails are written in very poor English. And that's from different people. The attitude was that it WAS half full after all. I corrected them that is was almost empty. I am at work and can sneak in emails (and these posts) but not a phone call. I don't expect to hear back from them. I need to let it go. Thanks for letting me vent though! :)
That's a shame. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I e-mailed them about an issue I had last month and I got a very prompt, well-written response that was super apologetic and they offered to send me a replacement box right away. I was raving about their amazing customer service and now I feel bad about doing that if they treat people the way they're treating you.

It would probably not bother me as much if it weren't so inconsistent. Some seem to get replacement items some a whole box and some the credit. I told them my issue was the inconsistency of the responses but that's when o got the response about how each is different. Which makes no sense. I'm glad some people have a positive experience at least. I've had that with other subs that people have been negative about. Guess it was my turn. :)

Quote: Originally Posted by melanie0971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Luckily their CS line is 24/7 so you can call after work! 

Back