Sample Society April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my box. My dashboard said pink, but I got Inky Six (blue) which I love. I think Sample Society is one of the best valued boxes I subscribe to in terms of sample size. Excited to try everything!

Quote: Originally Posted by hitchcockblonde /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love my box. My dashboard said pink, but I got Inky Six (blue) which I love. I think Sample Society is one of the best valued boxes I subscribe to in terms of sample size. Excited to try everything!

I'm so jealous of everyone that got the Clarks Botanicals! I really love their line of masks!

I just got my first Sample Society box and I'm so excited! My email said the eyeliner would be Jaded Jack, the dashboard said pink, but I received Brown Sugar which I love. I also love the cute little box the eyeliner comes in, with a bird printed on the inside of it.

I also received:

blotting papers

candle

H2O cream

Borghese Splendore Brightening makeup

I'm excited to try everything in the box!

I've only been subscribing for a couple of months now, but I always research a box extensively before subscribing. If I recall correctly, while perfume has been included in boxes before, it's not an item that is included frequently. I definitely think a box like Birchbox for example, tends to include more fragrance samples than Sample Society does.
That's great news, since I've only gotten one perfume sample from Birchbox in 7 months. Ya talked me into it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be getting my first box in May. Yay! Thanks!

Has anyone tried the Tatcha blotting papers? I feel like they just buff my skin and make it more shiny! I LOVE my butter eyeliner, though.

Glad I tried the Tatcha papers, since I'd considered buying them at full price a month ago!

Quote: Originally Posted by purpleorchid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone tried the Tatcha blotting papers? I feel like they just buff my skin and make it more shiny! I LOVE my butter eyeliner, though.

Glad I tried the Tatcha papers, since I'd considered buying them at full price a month ago!
Are you wiping them across your face or patting them? I've been patting them on the spots that need it and they really do wonders for me, as well as keep my makeup in tact, which is a huge bonus. I actually have been really enjoying them!

Has anyone tried the Tatcha blotting papers? I feel like they just buff my skin and make it more shiny! I LOVE my butter eyeliner, though. Glad I tried the Tatcha papers, since I'd considered buying them at full price a month ago!
Any facial paper like this just needs to be patted over the shiny zone. They suck up oils and shine like nothing you've ever seen. I especially like them for summer or any occasion where I need to carry a tiny bag.

Union Jack Black, how uninspiring. *cry*
I think the pink is a bit too wild for me! Oh well, I have plenty of blues, greens, and purples. Maybe you can find a traditionalist to swap with and I can find a wild child!

Ughh. got pink Butter London, exactly what I saw on the website! I would have loved blue!

Quote: Originally Posted by ashleylind /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh. I have 4 different subscription boxes, and I received 4 black eyeliners.
frown.gif

I feel your pain. Last year, it was Alterna products for flat-iron users, 11 out of 13 in 2013. This year is the Year of the Beso. I have already received three Stila Beso liquid lipcolor samples. If I didn't love red lippies I'd have had more kittens over this--I just really dislike the texture of that particular product, otherwise I really love Stila!

I some how managed to get an eyeliner in each box too, but all different colors:

Sample Society: Blue

Birchbox: Dark purple and silver

Ipsy: Black

Glossybox: ?

I managed to trade away a lot liners so I'm not completely overstocked, but this is plenty for now. 

I got a lot of eyeliners this month, too.

I don't want black but I did get the Ipsy and Birchbox in black.  Luckily I got Holland Park in my Sample Society and it is glorious!  And I got purple in my Saffron Rouge!

I just have to say that my butter London liner goes on like... butter.  Wow.  So smooth and perfect with no pulling like I'm used to with my go-to Clinique brown one.

would love to see pics of what you girlies did with your pink eye liner. I am thinking black/brown on top and pink on bottom?

I was playing around and found that the $2 Butter London Banana File works to get the $15 discount that goes with our April box!  And there is a new Caudaile GWP (Shower Gel)--I cashed in for the one they had earlier this month (makeup remover) and just used the new one!

Latest posts

Back