Sample Society August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been able to cash in my points with ipsy, either the product is sold out or it sucks, lol!

I'm so glad Sample Society is giving everyone the same boxes, even color variations etc.. are fine to me. With Birchbox's 60 or so box variations, I would like 2 or 3 but the chances of getting a variation I wanted almost never happened! I love that with Sample Society I know FOR A FACT that I'm going to get all the awesome spoilers they put out! Leaves me completely anxiety and disappointment free!

Eastern!

Spoiler #3 is that every every SS August recipient will receive a deluxe size sample of a Ciate nail color! What color, you ask? You'll just have to find out when you open your box!  

10329139_723304084371868_1872545438131480463_n.jpg

I would LOVE either the first or 3rd one, they are gorgeous perfect fall colors!  The middle one would take some getting used to, but it would at least be totally new to my collection!

Eastern!

Spoiler #3 is that every every SS August recipient will receive a deluxe size sample of a Ciate nail color! What color, you ask? You'll just have to find out when you open your box!  

10329139_723304084371868_1872545438131480463_n.jpg

Boo, not more nail polish!
I'm actually quite happy to receive polish. Just not crazy about any of these colors. I guess the red is ok but I really don't see myself wearing the burnt orange or yellow.

The spoilers so far have all been amazing! I can't believe it's the same Sample Society! (and I guess technically it isn't)

Loving everything, and honestly I'd be happy even if there were color variations from spoilers 2 and 3 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just personally rarely wear nail polish and every beauty box has them. I have never once gone through a whole body of polish, and they kind of just sit there until I trade them or throw them away. I do really want the Two Faced Melted Peony, but I'll have to think if it's better to get this box or just guy the full size gloss. Not trying to be negative. This box has gotten so much better! It's just the third spoiler doesn't suit me personally. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I dropped Ipsy last month, and rejoined SS. Such a better fit for me.

Also, I'm actually excited about the polish! I've never tried this brand, but have wanted to for awhile. I would love the burnt orange color.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would LOVE either the first or 3rd one, they are gorgeous perfect fall colors!  The middle one would take some getting used to, but it would at least be totally new to my collection!
I think these colors are from the Bottled Sunshine collection, which was released in Summer 2012. I received a full size bottle in Kaftan (the metallic yellow) in my April Glossybox. I have a feeling Ciate might be trying to unload old stock. I am excited that it's a mini bottle, though, as I never finish a bottle of polish. I hope I don't get yellow again!

http://www.ciate.co.uk/nails/collection/bottled-sunshine

I love Ciate polish! SS just keeps getting better and better! I hope I get the middle one or the one on the far right.

It seems like SS is doing again this month what it did last month - an item selection in just about every beauty category. So far we've had hair, makeup and nails, so perhaps we might get another fragrance selection and maybe a face or body product?

I wasn't subscribed previously, and I know there are a lot of complaints about the amount of moisturizers or whatnot that were going out, but I quite like this model of having something for just about every beauty category. It feels much more satisfying than say, Glossybox, which to me lately had seemed like a ton of skin/hair products but very little makeup.

Plus, I really like my one bottle of Ciate polish, so I hope this one is just as nice!

i'm going to give ipsy my 3 month notice at the same time i'm starting sample society. I think I am happier with more of ipsy's products than it sounds like other people are, but I have high hopes for Allure securing better brands than ipsy does, and I feel that is worth the extra $5/mo. I already "cancelled" julep, by skipping every month until a great month comes up and I can cash in my jules, and have Graze on hold as well, I was debating popsugar but I can always get the stuff from the boxes I like cheap at tj maxx  

It seems like SS is doing again this month what it did last month - an item selection in just about every beauty category. So far we've had hair, makeup and nails, so perhaps we might get another fragrance selection and maybe a face or body product?

I wasn't subscribed previously, and I know there are a lot of complaints about the amount of moisturizers or whatnot that were going out, but I quite like this model of having something for just about every beauty category. It feels much more satisfying than say, Glossybox, which to me lately had seemed like a ton of skin/hair products but very little makeup.

Plus, I really like my one bottle of Ciate polish, so I hope this one is just as nice!
If you are right about this category situation then I'm happy with it :) I like getting a very varied box in terms of the products inside.

Latest posts

Back