Sample Society August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also liking the spoiler, and my hair could definitely use more volume. 

We'll there goes my idea of canceling this sub- I love anything that gives my hair texture- I love no 4 texture balm & Oscar blandi texture spray- I'm really looking forward to trying oribe!! It's my bday month a

So I totally deserve a little gift to me :)

I received email today from CS (in reply to something I sent) that said that _Allure_ magazine has officially taken over this box, so it sounds like there are indeed some dramatic changes going on!  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they just did spoilers for the first box to regain subscribers who had jumped ship long ago due to SO MANY MOISTURIZERS OMG and won't be doing spoilers in the future, though.
I just talked to a Beauty Adviser at Beauty Bar, since Allure apparently has no representation on phone.

It's absolutely true that BB has turned the box over to the people at Allure ( while I thought it was an Allure curated box  2-3  years ago, ROFLOL).

Those beauty profiles we created are trash now.  Allure will send " everyone the same box" the lady said. I pointed out that not everyone got dark nail polish and dark red lip gloss, that there were 3 or 4 variations of polish and lip colors, and she seemed to indicate that from now on, the boxes would be one box fits all.

I'll roll with it. I'm sure that some young women were upset to get a lot of skincare the month before ( I was not subbed but have read about it here). I love skin care, body products and makeup.  I totally have no use for hair products though. I hope that when the hair care product craze fades, we will not  get a lavender scent craze, since I am extremely allergic to  lavender. ( the blooming plant, not the color ha).

I unsubbed for this month.  I figure if I like the spoilers (assuming they put out more) I can rejoin and if not I saved myself some money.

Will be following along to see what everyone gets!

I am excited for the Oribe spoiler. Even when I think I don't need/won't use an Oribe product, I give it a whirl and end up loving it, so I'm totally down for this mousse!

I'm kind of laughing at the Oribe spoiler.  I've never heard of the brand before, but went to a new salon on Friday and that's what they use exclusively and I ended up buying a travel/sample set of their shampoo and conditioner lines to try.

I'm kind of laughing at the Oribe spoiler.  I've never heard of the brand before, but went to a new salon on Friday and that's what they use exclusively and I ended up buying a travel/sample set of their shampoo and conditioner lines to try.
The original Oribe shampoo and conditioner formulations are quite nice. Like Wen, I think there's 2 "kinds"of Oribe.

I remember when Ojon was the most fab hair care in the world, then they sold out. Sold their souls, IMO.

The original Oribe shampoo and conditioner formulations are quite nice. Like Wen, I think there's 2 "kinds"of Oribe.

I remember when Ojon was the most fab hair care in the world, then they sold out. Sold their souls, IMO.
It's interesting you say that.  My stylist indicated something along those lines; that there is the "salon" Oribe and maybe a retail Oribe.  I didn't really press about it, but this particular salon (the last time I was there a couple of years ago) used Bumble and Bumble exclusively.  I asked about that, because I had planned to buy one of their conditioners I've started to like, and was told that they stopped using Bumble and Bumble after they got too big/commercial/sold out/something.  

I personally don't care what's in or what's out and only care what works for me, but I bought the sample pack because it smelled nice and my hair was soft, but didn't feel like wispy.

Love this spoiler! I'm growing my hair super long again (currently just past my bra strap, yay!) and it takes a bit of work to get the volume I like when I have it longer.

Such a pretty color too!

10492289_719810911387852_5795957458180672724_n.png

omg!! Melted Peony, come to me!! I wanted this sooo soooo badly, but on a no-buy, so no chance. I'm happy dancing in my head

Awesome! I don't really like much lip stuff, but this has been super popular lately. Can't wait to try it!

Stoked as BALLS to be getting me some Melted!!! I've been looking to try it since I received some Glazed colors that are said to be great dupes for the Too Faced.

Of course, after June I'm just happy to be getting something that isn't a moisturizer!

Eekkk I have also been passing up on this every time it's been a GWP as I'm moving next week and am really trying hard to stick to a low buy....but now that we are getting it it in our box, YAY! Seriously loving the rebranding/remodeling/reinvented whatever you want to call it allure box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back