Sample Society August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh my goodness.......totally excited for this! I actually got this color for a free sample with Beauty.com and I loved the product......... Was torn because I broke down and ordered a full size but couldn't decide whether to go for this color again (even though I adore it) or go for the "Melted Violet". I ended up going for the "Melted Violet".......... I'm so thrilled that I will have another tube of the "Melted Peony"!!!

this box seems awesome I wish they had a code
I don't think they will ever have a code. I don't remember Sample Society (I like the idea of referring to thus new version as the Allure box! The logo makes me think that they're planning in eventually dumping the Sample Society part anyway) ever having a code. They do have the $10-off-$50-purchase code in the boxes, but their model seems to specifically exclude codes on boxes.

Holy crap I didn't know this thread was up....and OMG LOVE both spoilers.

After the birchbox points/giftcards fiasco this morning. Hmmm do I get another Sample society boxes and dump the birch?

Sorry i'm going off topic, I;ve been lurking here to see if I 'need" to get this box too.

What happened with BB? I just did my first sub with them and it's for a year...

They're not allowing you to purchase gift cards with points, which is how many gals with multiple accounts/boxes were able to combine points across accounts to accumulate several gift cards for larger Birchbox shop purchases. This also prevents anyone from purchasing giftcards to "extend" their points which might otherwise expire (I think you have a year to use them).

Holy crap I didn't know this thread was up....and OMG LOVE both spoilers.

After the birchbox points/giftcards fiasco this morning. Hmmm do I get another Sample society boxes and dump the birch?
I'm not sure if it would be worth it to get a second box, as someone had heard from CS that the boxes were all going to be the same but only with variations in color.. so far it doesn't look like there is any variation in the colors for the melted going out this month so you'd get dupes 

I'm not sure if it would be worth it to get a second box, as someone had heard from CS that the boxes were all going to be the same but only with variations in color.. so far it doesn't look like there is any variation in the colors for the melted going out this month so you'd get dupes 
I was thinking for gifts and trading purposes.  Can't beat $15 for some pretty coveted brands/items.

I would have loved to have gotten Champers polish last month in addition to the Bobby Dazzler I got and seems the gals here wanted all the colors of the lip gloss. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking for gifts and trading purposes.  Can't beat $15 for some pretty coveted brands/items.

I would have loved to have gotten Champers polish last month in addition to the Bobby Dazzler I got and seems the gals here wanted all the colors of the lip gloss. 
oh yeah, deal wise it would be great for that purpose! and i'm sure you'd be able to trade dupes (especially the melted) for any BB or other sub items you may want later

I'm glad they were able to move the shipping up a bit this month.  The site says shipping starts August 5, so less than 2 weeks!

I'm glad they were able to move the shipping up a bit this month.  The site says shipping starts August 5, so less than 2 weeks!
Thats cool. Especially since their shipping tends to be super fast!

in the past, shipping has been the first Friday of the month - I think it was just late in July since the first Friday was a holiday =)

I'm a bit confused. If I subscribe right now, will I get the July or August box? I don't want the July box, I want the August box.

I know they use to have a cutoff before the rebranding, but I'm confused by their FAQ right now. I also read on a blog that they would ship the same month's box, so I dunno.

Does anyone know?

Thanks for the help!

I went through the checkout process and it said August 5th, so that answers my question. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit confused. If I subscribe right now, will I get the July or August box? I don't want the July box, I want the August box.

I know they use to have a cutoff before the rebranding, but I'm confused by their FAQ right now. I also read on a blog that they would ship the same month's box, so I dunno.

Does anyone know?

Thanks for the help!
Per their Facebook page, you would get the August box.

I am so excited for this, Oribe is awesome. I have one of their shampoos and the texturizing spray that came in the Neiman Marcus PopSugar box and both are Holy grails!
Oribe is a HG brand for me, even more than my beloved Bumble and Bumble. It's such an LA story as to how I got introduced to this brand, but basically a well known singer my boyfriend is friends with swears by the Dry Texturizing spray and so I tried it once and was instantly obsessed, it's like dry shampoo on steroids. 

I have the Apres Beach, and Thick Dry finishing spray, and Dry Texturizing spray. 

All are amazing. 

that alone would have been enough to me to sub, the melted lipstick was just sugar on top, I can't wait to see what the other products are!

Swatched the melted today at Sephora and this color just wont work for me =(

Signed up for the monthly :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> first time subscriber unless you count the wonderful box sales beautybar has had before. Ended up dropping 3 of my BB accounts because of the change in giftcard policy.

Latest posts

Back