Sample Society- June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My first box arrived this week, as did my first issue of Allure magazine! 
claps.gif
I have just received my third box, but I never have received the Allure magazine.  Is this something I needed to opt in for?  Does anyone know how I can get the magazine?

Thank you for your help!

I'm pretty sure you get the magazine unless you opt *out*, but I honestly don't remember.

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have just received my third box, but I never have received the Allure magazine.  Is this something I needed to opt in for?  Does anyone know how I can get the magazine?

Thank you for your help!
 When I signed up, I remember checking a box to get the magazine... and it also said to please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the magazine subscription to start. It's a seperate company than Beautybar and you have to contact that company. Below is what I found on the Beauty Bar site:

17. When will I receive my first issue of Allure magazine? Expect the first issue 6-8 weeks after you enroll in Sample Society. Allure magazine subscriptions are provided directly by Condé Nast. Please call Condé Nast customer service at 1-800-678-1825 for subscription questions. You can also manage your subscription online here.

Originally Posted by Antidentite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Curious which ingredient you are allergic to?  My face broke out in a rash when I tried it :/ 
Salicylic Acid=rash/burn on me

Sooo... I asked SS for a replacement eye cream because there was nothing in the sample in my box- So they sent me an ENTIRE extra box. Wth? I'm not complaining, but it seems weird that to replace a single, less than $5 item they would send me the whole $20+ box.

On the other hand, so glad I will get to try the eye cream and YAY double the Boho Waves- LOVE that stuff!!!

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sooo... I asked SS for a replacement eye cream because there was nothing in the sample in my box- So they sent me an ENTIRE extra box. Wth? I'm not complaining, but it seems weird that to replace a single, less than $5 item they would send me the whole $20+ box.

On the other hand, so glad I will get to try the eye cream and YAY double the Boho Waves- LOVE that stuff!!!
This is actually pretty normal for them, I have seen several box reviews on you tube and every time anyone has had a defective item they send out an extra box. I think it is great customer service, I wish all the sample box companies were that concerned with their customers!

So, some people were told they would not be sent a replacement eye cream..and others were sent a whole extra box? One of the things that annoys me about these companies is inconsistent customer service. If one person gets a replacement box for an empty item, everyone who called about an empty item should. 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, some people were told they would not be sent a replacement eye cream..and others were sent a whole extra box? One of the things that annoys me about these companies is inconsistent customer service. If one person gets a replacement box for an empty item, everyone who called about an empty item should. 
Agreed. I remember when everyone was complaining about the ability to "stack" the promo codes. Some people could, and others could not. I was someone who could not, and when I emailed/called customer service asking if I could stack codes, I was basically told "OH WELL! Sorry!" by three different customer service agents. However, others on this forum were credited $10, $15, even $25 for the inconvenience. What the heck?

I wonder if it will always be their policy to send a completely new box. Seems like something people can take advantage of too easily...

Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I signed up, I remember checking a box to get the magazine... and it also said to please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the magazine subscription to start. It's a seperate company than Beautybar and you have to contact that company. Below is what I found on the Beauty Bar site:

17. When will I receive my first issue of Allure magazine? Expect the first issue 6-8 weeks after you enroll in Sample Society. Allure magazine subscriptions are provided directly by Condé Nast. Please call Condé Nast customer service at 1-800-678-1825 for subscription questions. You can also manage your subscription online here.
Thank you!

WOW! I honestly haven't even tried the eye cream yet. I was saving that one for my mom. I have slightly curly/wavy hair and it doesn't seem like the BOHO does much for me, but i think I'll try doing it a different way. And actually i thought the perfume smelled like my grandma's house when i smelled it in the bottle, but once i put it on I really liked it. And it's not to overpowering and doesn't linger real long. Love trying new things :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sky595 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed. I remember when everyone was complaining about the ability to "stack" the promo codes. Some people could, and others could not. I was someone who could not, and when I emailed/called customer service asking if I could stack codes, I was basically told "OH WELL! Sorry!" by three different customer service agents. However, others on this forum were credited $10, $15, even $25 for the inconvenience. What the heck?

I wonder if it will always be their policy to send a completely new box. Seems like something people can take advantage of too easily...

Oooo. Interesting. I used that eyecream too and it was almost empty! I was thinking of contacting them about it but checked this forum if somebody has the same complaint. Gladly, I am not alone. But I am afraid that I might receive a different resolution.

As soon as when I can I contact them about it?

I should have taken a photo. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I received my box two days ago. My box is in our apartment in NorCal and we are in our SoCal home until Monday eve.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree, I was one of the people that was told that they just send out what they get, with no offer to try to do anything else. It's not so much that didn't try to send another one (even though the little that I did try I actually liked! ... I think. I only got to use it once), but the fact that the replies are inconsistent to people that have the same exact problem.

I wouldn't have even bothered to say anything about it except for that I really was interested in possibly getting it if it worked for me. I did like the rest of the box though, very impressed with that.

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm just the slightest bit sad they couldn't have put a more universal cleanser in the box. I love Murad, but at 49 my acne wash days have long since passed. 
THIS!!

Besides, do most of you know that CLEANSER is the cheapest product in beauty care lines? It is priced the lowest as it is rinsed or otherwise removed..

I think Murad has some excellent products for all skin types and I am PO'd that a company which has catered to more mature customers ( such as me) would start putting anti-acne products in their boxes.

I have duplicates of my fave sample boxes, but not of SS.

IF they go back to the excellence of the very first box, I'll add a second sub.

BTW, before I decided to become a lady of leisure, I was a health care professional. A person with acne severe enough to believe they need a special facial cleanser for it REALLY needs to forget that and go see a dermatologist!!! There is no substitution for professional care of true " Acne", regardless of age.

Lasers and fillers can now get rid of acne scarring, but I wouldn't want to risk getting them. I never had acne but those scars are really deep.

Originally Posted by TallCoolTexan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

THIS!!

Besides, do most of you know that CLEANSER is the cheapest product in beauty care lines? It is priced the lowest as it is rinsed or otherwise removed..

I think Murad has some excellent products for all skin types and I am PO'd that a company which has catered to more mature customers ( such as me) would start putting anti-acne products in their boxes.

I have duplicates of my fave sample boxes, but not of SS.

IF they go back to the excellence of the very first box, I'll add a second sub.

BTW, before I decided to become a lady of leisure, I was a health care professional. A person with acne severe enough to believe they need a special facial cleanser for it REALLY needs to forget that and go see a dermatologist!!! There is no substitution for professional care of true " Acne", regardless of age.

Lasers and fillers can now get rid of acne scarring, but I wouldn't want to risk getting them. I never had acne but those scars are really deep.
Ok,but not everyone is the same, my mom who is in her late 40s still gets breakouts... I think that they put out a lot of great products and sorry they are not JUST going to market to the MATURE age group!!!! I would be disappointed if they did that and totally left out those of us in out teens, 20s, 30s, and early 40s too. You win some, you lose some, they rest of the box minus this one item was really great for any age group! I personally love the cleanser!!! I saw a lot of "excellence" in this box and I hope they continue!

I'm 37 and I still get a zit here and there. In fact, I have one on my chin and it's driving me nuts.

wondering when the discount code for June will be valid. i'm waiting to order some Murad items so i can get the $15off.  it's already mid-June, shouldn't the code be active?

The code IS active. You might need to contact CS.

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wondering when the discount code for June will be valid. i'm waiting to order some Murad items so i can get the $15off.  it's already mid-June, shouldn't the code be active?

OMG!!  You will not believe this!!!  

Awhile back I called Sample Society to complain that there was nothing coming out of my tube of Caudalie Eye Cream so they said they would send me another one out.  

I received it today and nothing is coming out of it either (big surprise) AND you should have seen the big box that it came in.  Absolutely ridiculous!!!  It was way BIGGER than the box that the regular Sample Society comes in every month.  And I did not get an entire new box like someone stated above, just the empty eye cream.  
madno.gif

Originally Posted by dreile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG!!  You will not believe this!!!  

Awhile back I called Sample Society to complain that there was nothing coming out of my tube of Caudalie Eye Cream so they said they would send me another one out.  

I received it today and nothing is coming out of it either (big surprise) AND you should have seen the big box that it came in.  Absolutely ridiculous!!!  It was way BIGGER than the box that the regular Sample Society comes in every month.  And I did not get an entire new box like someone stated above, just the empty eye cream.  
madno.gif
 LOL, I just got an email that my replacement eye cream shipped out today... now I know what I have to look forward to. I think everything else in the box made up for the empty eye cream but like I told them in my email, $15.00 is a lot to pay for a sample subscription to get one that is empty, regardless of what else came in the box. Quality Control at it's finest I guess.

Latest posts

Back