Sample Society- June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's really a shame. Have you tried cutting the little tube open? Maybe you can get 1 or 2 uses that way?

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. My tube had about 6 or 7 uses in it. I really like the cream and would consider buying a full size at some point when my others run out.

Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL, I just got an email that my replacement eye cream shipped out today... now I know what I have to look forward to. I think everything else in the box made up for the empty eye cream but like I told them in my email, $15.00 is a lot to pay for a sample subscription to get one that is empty, regardless of what else came in the box. Quality Control at it's finest I guess.
I totally agree!  I just have to laugh at the craziness!!

It will be interesting to see what exactly you get.  

And an even funnier thing is that the weight of this package was the same weight as the (whole) June box was.  Makes me shake my head.   What are they thinking ???

You will have to post and let us know what you get when you get it. 

I tried to get online to cancel but they sure make it hard , am I crazy or is there no way to cancel this membership online? If anyone knows please do tell. I signed up for another box and I cant keep the "Iffy" ones around. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think this one can be dropped and no love lost .

Originally Posted by Roni917 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried to get online to cancel but they sure make it hard , am I crazy or is there no way to cancel this membership online? If anyone knows please do tell. I signed up for another box and I cant keep the "Iffy" ones around. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think this one can be dropped and no love lost .
Never mind I got it, you have to call, but they were so nice. No pressure to stay...

Originally Posted by Roni917 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Never mind I got it, you have to call, but they were so nice. No pressure to stay...
I canceled online!  I forget exactly where it was, and I can't find it now since I canceled, but I think it might have been in the Sample Society Quick Links section on the righthand side of the dashboard, or maybe the Membership Profile.

(I had to call to cancel Honest Co., and the person I talked to tried really, really hard to pressure me to stay, then she put me on hold for a long time, and then was really snotty and abrupt once she came back on the phone about the fact that it was canceled.  Not going back to that one.)

I think my eye cream was ok, but I actually ended up with 4! Got the other 3 as extras in purchases/swaps! What are you ladies loving from this month's box? I really like the boho spray and perfume..perfume was a surprise, because I thought it would be a more mature smell.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think my eye cream was ok, but I actually ended up with 4! Got the other 3 as extras in purchases/swaps! What are you ladies loving from this month's box? I really like the boho spray and perfume..perfume was a surprise, because I thought it would be a more mature smell.
I've traded for an extra boho waves, and three extra tokyo lippys...Those were my faves from this box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The perfume is probably my favorite item. I really liked the lip stick but not enough to buy it. Ditto for the Boho and the cleanser. The eye cream was just ok.

But I am actually using all of the products this time around, as opposed to the last 2 months (April and May).

I haven't done more than swatch the lippie, as I'm more a gloss/balm whore lol. But the color is cute! I ended up with 3 cleansers and made "manly teen" boxes for my brothers lol..but still have one stashed to try when my Boscia clear complexion cleanser runs out.

I've really been enjoying everything so far, but if I was going to buy a full-sized version of anything from this box, it would be the eye cream. I just love the texture, and the way it feels on my skin and sinks in. The lippie happened to be a full-sized choice from the Beautyfix subscription, so I did order that, though it's in another color. I enjoyed the perfume and will use it up, but love other scents more (Burberry body!), so wont repurchase. The Boho Waves is nice to play with but my hair is very wavy already, so it's not a revolutionary product for me. The only thing I haven't tried yet is the cleanser, since I'm trying to use up another one, but I'm sure I'll enjoy using it.

In the wake of all the issues GB is having with accounts in general and mine in particular, I am not canceling SS after all. So here's to July! Hoping for another great box like this month! 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In the wake of all the issues GB is having with accounts in general and mine in particular, I am not canceling SS after all. So here's to July! Hoping for another great box like this month! 

Bahahaha... Sample Society never had those kind of issues.. I bet alot of other companies didn't either! While I haven't used every product in my box from this  month, I'm quite pleased! So silly, really, but I have naturally curly hair I relaxed a few years ago. Now the curl doesn't hold as tight, but still pretty wild at times. I flat iron my hair and when I want a beachy look afterward, I've been squirting some of the Boho Waves to get that VS model beach bunny hair lol..Gorgeous!!! Is that ridiculous I go from curly to straight to wavy? Lol, I think a little bit..

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bahahaha... Sample Society never had those kind of issues.. I bet alot of other companies didn't either! While I haven't used every product in my box from this  month, I'm quite pleased! So silly, really, but I have naturally curly hair I relaxed a few years ago. Now the curl doesn't hold as tight, but still pretty wild at times. I flat iron my hair and when I want a beachy look afterward, I've been squirting some of the Boho Waves to get that VS model beach bunny hair lol..Gorgeous!!! Is that ridiculous I go from curly to straight to wavy? Lol, I think a little bit..

Ooo thats a good idea.. I will try that next time I straighten my hair ( I have to every time I wash it or I look like the girl from Brave--> not kidding) 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooo thats a good idea.. I will try that next time I straighten my hair ( I have to every time I wash it or I look like the girl from Brave--> not kidding) 
LOL I feel the same way..if I don't use product in my hair and try to comb or do anything with it when curly, I've got a lions mane or look like the girl in the Aussie commercial! I used the flat iron yesterday and curled the ends a bit for bounce..woke up today and used my dry shampoo for the roots and volume, then squirted the Boho Waves and finger combed. 2 drops of shine serum run over the top and ends, off I went with lovely bouncy waves! 

I really like the lipstick--I also ordered the full-size one through Beautyfix.  Both colors seem to work with my complexion (they're pretty neutral so they probably work for a lot of people too).  And I just started using the cleanser a few days ago.  I don't have acne, but with summer and oilier skin, I thought I'd use it to dry out my t-zone.  So far, so good.

Looking forward to the next box!

LOL I feel the same way..if I don't use product in my hair and try to comb or do anything with it when curly, I've got a lions mane or look like the girl in the Aussie commercial! I used the flat iron yesterday and curled the ends a bit for bounce..woke up today and used my dry shampoo for the roots and volume, then squirted the Boho Waves and finger combed. 2 drops of shine serum run over the top and ends, off I went with lovely bouncy waves! 
Excellent tip!  Thank you!!

This is why I love this site!

You're welcome ladies! I think to myself, this is alot of do to get to a certain look...but I still do it and love the versatility and difference a change in hairstyle can give you. For that matter, I still wear heels even though I'm ready to chuck em in the garbage after a few hours, because I like to feel taller, svelte and sexy lol.. 
smileno.gif

Did the Murad SERIOUSLY dry anyone else out?

The sides of my nose and the corners of my mouth are completely wrecked from this stuff- Fortunately I still have my Terry face cream from an earlier box and it's repairing it nicely, but I was shocked that the Murad would mess me up so badly after just a few uses :/

I am seriously considering ordering the eye cream, but would love to stack codes.  Anyone know what I can call and ask for?  I'm new to all of this, and know that its not a sure thing - but I would love to try!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks!

Originally Posted by tauwillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am seriously considering ordering the eye cream, but would love to stack codes.  Anyone know what I can call and ask for?  I'm new to all of this, and know that its not a sure thing - but I would love to try!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks!
I don't know that you can stack codes anymore, because there is some kind of point system that's been implemented..but you can try BFRESH with the monthly coupon. I googled beautybar.com coupons...found some on retailmenot.com and people's blogs. I also use those online rebate sites, which track your online purchases through a ticket system and give you money back on your purchases.

Latest posts

Back