Sample Society- June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did the Murad SERIOUSLY dry anyone else out?

The sides of my nose and the corners of my mouth are completely wrecked from this stuff- Fortunately I still have my Terry face cream from an earlier box and it's repairing it nicely, but I was shocked that the Murad would mess me up so badly after just a few uses :/
yes it does that to me too if I use it too often. So I try to use it every other day, but even that is too much sometimes and my skin gets super dry and tight. Not a good feeling!

Loving the murad (only every other day or so cause its drying), Jane iredale lip plumper (will absolutely be buying this), and caudalie eye cream (wish it wasn't so expensive!) . Not thrilled about the perfume scent (although the little bottle is adore) or the boho waves (I have crazy thick hair), so they will probs end up in trade. Overall SS is really great in my opinion compared to other sub programs and I'll be sticking with 'em. I feel like I can actually use and try the products they send out!

Originally Posted by pobox607 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Loving the murad (only every other day or so cause its drying), Jane iredale lip plumper (will absolutely be buying this), and caudalie eye cream (wish it wasn't so expensive!) .

Not thrilled about the perfume scent (although the little bottle is adore) or the boho waves (I have crazy thick hair), so they will probs end up in trade.

Overall SS is really great in my opinion compared to other sub programs and I'll be sticking with 'em. I feel like I can actually use and try the products they send out!
Depending on the color of the Jane Iredale lip plumper, you might be interested in subbing Beautyfix for one time.  The Milan full size is available on Beautyfix.  For first time subscribers of Beautyfix, you can use BFBLOG for $30 off for a total of $19.99 for 8 samples many of which are full-sized.  There's a whole thread about Beautyfix.  

I just joined Beautyfix 2 weeks ago and got some GREAT deals--Murad matte primer (had already bought it from SS last month bc I liked the April sample so this one's a back up), Jane Iredale lip plumper in Milan, etc.  Not sure I'll stick with it after the intro box though. 

Thanks! I'll definitely check it out!

Depending on the color of the Jane Iredale lip plumper, you might be interested in subbing Beautyfix for one time.  The Milan full size is available on Beautyfix.  For first time subscribers of Beautyfix, you can use BFBLOG for $30 off for a total of $19.99 for 8 samples many of which are full-sized.  There's a whole thread about Beautyfix.   I just joined Beautyfix 2 weeks ago and got some GREAT deals--Murad matte primer (had already bought it from SS last month bc I liked the April sample so this one's a back up), Jane Iredale lip plumper in Milan, etc.  Not sure I'll stick with it after the intro box though. 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes it does that to me too if I use it too often. So I try to use it every other day, but even that is too much sometimes and my skin gets super dry and tight. Not a good feeling!
salicylic acid sensitivity. One time of this stuff wrecks my face for a week. I stear clear of it. I know some cant live with out it but not me.

One week till shipping time woohoo! 
beer.gif

Do we have any info on the hints for this coming month? Or was last month the final month we could kind of crack the code?

I really hope this is a good box ! With some new brands PLEASE
smile.gif
My first box was the June box... have they had all the same brands since they started?

Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really hope this is a good box ! With some new brands PLEASE
smile.gif

My first box was the June box... have they had all the same brands since they started?

We have had Murad, Oscar de la Renta and Alterna products twice. So 3 of the brands in June were repeats, only 2 were new brands. Keep in mind that SS has only been around since March.. so 4 months. Makes you wonder if they are having a hard time getting brands to sample through them or maybe they just need to try harder? It may be because brands are waiting to see how successful SS is before they come on board. Who knows. 

We have had Murad, Oscar de la Renta and Alterna products twice. So 3 of the brands in June were repeats, only 2 were new brands. Keep in mind that SS has only been around since March.. so 4 months. Makes you wonder if they are having a hard time getting brands to sample through them or maybe they just need to try harder? It may be because brands are waiting to see how successful SS is before they come on board. Who knows. 
In general, it seems like the brands they carry on the website are kind of limited to begin with :/ I really enjoy the deluxe sample sizes, but I'm not sure if SS is going to be able to provide enough of a variety to keep me interested in the long run.

Is there a July SS thread yet? boxes are shipping in less than a week! Who's excited?!

MEEEEEEE! 

June was my first box and I really liked everything! I use the murad every other day, I've tried the boho waves a few times, i tried the lip plumper but gave it to my mom- who has really thin lips, but if she doesn't like it it's headed back my way. I also gave her the caudalie eye cream since I just bought an eye cream from arbonne- but after reading how some of them are empty i feel kind of guilty!! And I thought the perfume smelled like my grandma's house but once I put it on it smelled GREAT! love it, wear it a ton and it doesn't linger real long, which is nice for work- don't want to over power the office :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there a July SS thread yet? boxes are shipping in less than a week! Who's excited?!

MEEEEEEE! 

June was my first box and I really liked everything! I use the murad every other day, I've tried the boho waves a few times, i tried the lip plumper but gave it to my mom- who has really thin lips, but if she doesn't like it it's headed back my way. I also gave her the caudalie eye cream since I just bought an eye cream from arbonne- but after reading how some of them are empty i feel kind of guilty!! And I thought the perfume smelled like my grandma's house but once I put it on it smelled GREAT! love it, wear it a ton and it doesn't linger real long, which is nice for work- don't want to over power the office :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Not yet, and I haven't seen any spoilers as of yet, which is awesome, but sucky all at the same time.

I'm right there with you! It was my first box too and I LOVED it! The perfume wasn't for me but the bottle is adorable so its cute for display with other glass bottles, the Murad is nice for traveling (especially camping, when your pores get super clogged anyway!), the eye cream was a cool little thing to try (though you can't really get a feel for the effects with such a small tube, but it is a sample...), I've been using the boho a lot for a toussled summer look, and just bought 2 of the full sized jane iredale's because i LOVE the texture, the feel, the pigment of the color! Should be here tomorrow, and I can't wait!

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MEEEEEEE! 

Back