Sample Society- June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tried the murad cleanser and it actually is clearing up my acne! I have horrible acne and I'm in my 20's. I'm glad I got the huge sample of it!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not at those prices. I'm fine with paying $30 or $40, but I thought this time they were asking WAY too much.
I concur, there is no way I could swing that one, I have to start buying school clothes for my small person in to little time to justify that!!! She can't wear a mystery box, lol!

Originally Posted by PaleBeauty66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried the murad cleanser and it actually is clearing up my acne! I have horrible acne and I'm in my 20's. I'm glad I got the huge sample of it!
biggrin.gif
Yeah, mine too!!!! Its awesome! It will definitely be a purchase I will be making!!!!!!

LOVE the Wave spray! My hair is naturally a little wavy when it air dries, but a little of this and it looked...intentional.
rolleyes.gif
So far for me, I've ended up making the most full-size product purchases from my SS samples versus my other subscriptions. And I'm excited we got Murad in this box because it means I can use my $15 coupon on my primer that I ended up loving from the April box. Of the three I have now (BB, SS, and Glossybox) I think I may end up just keeping SS so I can have more fun with LBB.

I've actually made more purchases through my sub to Sample Society, than any of my other subs, too!  Just finally got my box today and OMG..how cute is the mini Jane Iredale?? Lol, color is more saturated looking than I thought. I am actually really enjoying the Oscar de la Renta perfume...I love the smell after it's settled on my skin... smells ultra femme and perfect for a few occasions coming up!

Originally Posted by Becca8093 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOVE the Wave spray! My hair is naturally a little wavy when it air dries, but a little of this and it looked...intentional.
rolleyes.gif
So far for me, I've ended up making the most full-size product purchases from my SS samples versus my other subscriptions. And I'm excited we got Murad in this box because it means I can use my $15 coupon on my primer that I ended up loving from the April box. Of the three I have now (BB, SS, and Glossybox) I think I may end up just keeping SS so I can have more fun with LBB.

Quote:

biggrin.gif

Same here! I've been using Neutrogena Deep Clean cleanser and loved it, until getting this huge sample of Murad! I will definitely be buying this. I love and use all of the samples from the SS box.

How long have you been using the Murad? It's working that fast?! Lol, I ended up with three, thanks to swap and stuff...Maybe I should keep one and try it out lol!

biggrin.gif

So my box came today and while I'm please with the sizes of two of the five samples the remaining three left me questioning, "did I really pay $15 for THAT?" It's not that the products are bad but rather the remaining three samples are items I could get for free at my local mall if I were inclined to go to Sephora or Macy's and ask. On the other hand would I have asked for those exact samples at Sephora or Macy's to begin with? Most likely not because I would have picked stuff from lines I already want to try which is the point of a subscription service - to try new things so that's the plus about being subscribed to Sample Society. Still... $15 is a good deal of money for three tiny samples and two deluxe size samples.

I never thought I would say this but I think this has become my #1 Sub and I will be canceling my BB
icon_eek.gif
. It comes much faster to my house, the samples I have gotten have been much bigger than the one's I've been getting from BB, I get $15 off a purchase from ANY product from the brands and all the boxes are the same value. My issue with BB is not that they have different boxes but the vast difference in value that other members are getting. I've stood up for them in the past, saying that you should wait it out but since the beginning of the year I have had one full size sample while others on the forum have reported 3-4 and SS has made me realize how much I hate a tiny vial being considered a deluxe sample. I am extremely pleased with the SS boxes I have received and I cannot say that they are something my local Sephora gives out. Getting samples from Sephora is like pulling teeth and I'd rather pay to have them delivered to me. Sorry for rambling but I was so annoyed by my BB and then my SS box came and it made my day
rolleyes.gif

So last month I read all the spoilers and was a bit underwhelmed when I finally got my box. In the end though, I wound up really liking most products. So this month, I exercised extreme self control and didn't peek at this thread or the dashboard until I got my box today. I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm actually excited to try the Alterna. I'm undecided about the perfume. I don't immediately hate it like the in the first box and the little bottle is so adorable!

Here are my thoughts:

perfume: really like it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

lip stick: like it

alterna: dont know if I will try this

murad: like it, I will use it, just not every day since its for ppl with acne

eye cream: like it

My eye cream is completely full, I know some ppl said they couldnt get any out.

I really like the perfume after it has time to settle down. Love the little lipstick. The full bottle of eye cream will go to my mom. The other items I will try. Overall I'm happy with the subscription. I'm going to give it a second month before I decide if I'm going to cancel.

I know it is kind of dumb, but I really like the little booklet that came with the box. It was more fun to read about the product and ideas instead of just having a brief, flowery description like on other sub cards. I sub to Birchbox, Glossybox, SS (obviously), and Eco-Emi, but this was my first month to receive everything except Birchbox. I was thinking I would try them all out and keep one or two... I might drop EE, but I love the other three too much! I like Birchbox because everyone gets something different, and that's exciting to me. GB and SS seem to really have their stuff together, though, which makes me love them even more. I had already subscribed for a year for BB, or I'd probably drop it... maybe... only $10/month is worth it for a surprise arriving at my door every month!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So my box came today and while I'm please with the sizes of two of the five samples the remaining three left me questioning, "did I really pay $15 for THAT?" It's not that the products are bad but rather the remaining three samples are items I could get for free at my local mall if I were inclined to go to Sephora or Macy's and ask. On the other hand would I have asked for those exact samples at Sephora or Macy's to begin with? Most likely not because I would have picked stuff from lines I already want to try which is the point of a subscription service - to try new things so that's the plus about being subscribed to Sample Society. Still... $15 is a good deal of money for three tiny samples and two deluxe size samples.
Which two did you think were good sizes?  I thought that the Murad, Oscar de la Renta and Alterna were pretty good sized.  The lipstick is tiny but usually when I get lipstick samples they are tiny little bits in clear plastic containers not in an actual tube.  Caudalie samples you can get pretty much anywhere so I wasn't really excited about that one. 

I just got my first Sample Society box this month. Do you know if everyone gets the same one or if its personalized? I only know one other person who go it and she got the same as me. This is mine.

I really like it so far! Cant wait to see what we get next month!

I was also less than pleased with my last BB and cancelled it. I was really happy with the generous sample sizes from SS. This was only my first month but I think I will like it. I felt I was getting my BB later and later, so many of my readers were asking me about it and telling me what they were getting almost 2 weeks before I got mine. 

I LOVED the booklet. It was like a mini magazine and I loved that it wasn't super specific to the product.

Originally Posted by Antidentite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which two did you think were good sizes?  I thought that the Murad, Oscar de la Renta and Alterna were pretty good sized.  The lipstick is tiny but usually when I get lipstick samples they are tiny little bits in clear plastic containers not in an actual tube.  Caudalie samples you can get pretty much anywhere so I wasn't really excited about that one. 

The Murad was a good size and the Boho hair product was a good size while the remaining three items were tiny.

Latest posts

Back