Sarah Jessica Parker

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just watched a rerun of Sex and the City (I have always missed the first episode, but today I managed to see it).

I couldn't´t stop thinking about the dreadful makeup she was wearing. It made her look like an old lady with far to much makeup- yuck!! I thought she looked about at least 10 years older then she does in the last episodes.

So I wonder, was it the makeup fashion so bad in those days or is it maybe true the rumors I`ve heard that she in the later episodes demanded to be computer retouched to look younger??

Or maybe they fired the lousy makeup artist later? Or maybe she had massive plastic surgery??

Any ideas??

I have all the DVD sets for Sex and the City and everytime I watch the first show, I get a kick out her hair color/style and her makeup. She does look much better after that episode. I don't have an answer for your question but if you go to hbo.com you'll find much info about the show. They also have board you can ask ? and get answers
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tussan I just watched a rerun of Sex and the City (I have always missed the first episode, but today I managed to see it).I couldn't´t stop thinking about the dreadful makeup she was wearing. It made her look like an old lady with far to much makeup- yuck!! I thought she looked about at least 10 years older then she does in the last episodes.

So I wonder, was it the makeup fashion so bad in those days or is it maybe true the rumors I`ve heard that she in the later episodes demanded to be computer retouched to look younger??

Or maybe they fired the lousy makeup artist later? Or maybe she had massive plastic surgery??

Any ideas??

I would have demanded retouching if I was her. I personally like her, but she looks like a crinkly old witch in some angles in the show.

OMG! I love SJP & Sex & The City.

That is all I wanted to say!
tongue.gif

I'm drawing a blank on that episode, but like how her style has evolved over the years--pre-SATC to present.

She's got a long face & nose & agree w/Jess that some angles just don't flatter her.

Originally Posted by keaLoha I'm drawing a blank on that episode, but like how her style has evolved over the years--pre-SATC to present.
She's got a long face & nose & agree w/Jess that some angles just don't flatter her.

are you thinking about that episode where she models during fashion week? and she's looking through her album with all these pictures of her over the years? i remember some wacky picture where she's doing this leap into the air and wearing leggings.

Sorry guys, but If I've seen 2 episodes of this show, I'm lucky. (I know I know...
icon_redface.gif
) But I just never happen to be around when it was on, and really didn't go out of my way to see it. I like watching parts of re-runs... but I really am no expert on this... lol But from her commercials that she's been doing for GAP - she's really not a really GOOD looking actress... (Sorry!) I dunno, maybe it's the nose & long face... but a lot of the times i've seen her... it wasn't a very flattering shot.
rolleyes.gif

She's not a really good looking actress... but maybe that's her appeal. She is immensely popular; I know that when she became a Garnier spokesperson, their sales skyrocketed. I like that she's comfortable in her own skin (and nose).

Originally Posted by wongy74 She's not a really good looking actress... but maybe that's her appeal. She is immensely popular; I know that when she became a Garnier spokesperson, their sales skyrocketed. I like that she's comfortable in her own skin (and nose). Hmm.. no longer a "Square Peg" I guess ! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Nah, just in general how she's evolved over the years.
wink.gif
Yeah, she has been in the public eye for a long time now..
icon_cool.gif

I don't know if I like her more due to the show (I am an SATC addict) but I think she has evolved in her years as an actress.

school.jpg

12.jpg

SJP.jpg

Originally Posted by Mariposa I don't know if I like her more due to the show (I am an SATC addict) but I think she has evolved in her years as an actress.
school.jpg

12.jpg

SJP.jpg

See, now IMO - I think she looks best in the middle pic than in the one w/ the pink top... I dunno - maybe it's the angle of the shot
rolleyes.gif

Yes, I like her in the middle picture also.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 See, now IMO - I think she looks best in the middle pic than in the one w/ the pink top... I dunno - maybe it's the angle of the shot
rolleyes.gif

Yes, that's it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Yes, I like her in the middle picture also.

Originally Posted by destiny For some reason, I cannot stand that women. Just annoying. Me neither.. she bugs me so much & i hate her fashion sense *runs before someone shoots me for saying that*

Originally Posted by Laura Me neither.. she bugs me so much & i hate her fashion sense *runs before someone shoots me for saying that* ROFL @ metal pic of Laura fleeing for her life from SJP fans!!! Don't let GAP hear that fashion comment! LOL

Originally Posted by lilla Yes, I like her in the middle picture also. her eyes in pic #3 make her look drugged! lol They should've left that one on the cutting room floor!
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts

Back