Save/splurge thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What items do you save on, and what items do you splurge on?

Save

nail polish

lipliner

mascara

lip balm

Splurge

concealor

foundation

blush

eyeshadow

eyeliner

lipstick

lipgloss

skincare (try to scrimp, but if it works, I'll buy it!)

another fun thread Fiesty!

Save

• Lip Liner
  • Toner
  • Facial Cleanser
  • Body Lotion
  • Body Wash
  • Mascara
Splurge
  • Foundation
  • Eyeshadow
  • Moisturizer
  • Makeup Brushes

Yes this is an interesting thread. I think it's great if you can find a product that works just as well as the more expensive option. However, i remeber when i was younger it was ok to use any product whatever the price, but as ive gotton a little older i feel there are some things i can't save on.

SPLURGE,

Well i really do like to use a good quality skincare products (as this maintains one's youthful looks...giggle giggle.

I like to use a decent foundation as well, one formulated for my skin type. The same with bath and body products. I have sensitive skin at times.

Same with my hair products. I need a good intensive conditioner.

Save, Vasaline petrolium jelly is an all round favorite and cheap too.

mascara (some of the cheaper one's work better than the more expensive one's. Maybelline is great.

Eyeliner, Rimmel Khol is the best. I have tried Bad Gal by Benefit and ime allergic to it.

Lipgloss, i love Rimmel lipgloss as it's ultra shiny and better than my Elizabeth Arden one.

If i can think of any more i will add them to my list when they come to mind, or i use them.

Thanks for the cool post!

Save:

Skincare

Blush

Eyeliner

Mascara

Lip glosses (I don't mind swapping for expensive ones, but somehow can't spend money on them!)

Lip sticks

Splurge:

Foundation

Eye shadow

Hair products

Originally Posted by Pinktronic Save:
Everything

Splurge:

Depends on when and if I have the cash

That's me too!!! LOL I'm a big bargain hunter - but if something that I want is somewhat pricey - and never seems to go down or go on sale, sometimes I'll splurge.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Splurge:

Foundation, concealor, powder, and skincare -- but only if I find that the expensive products help fight my oily skin and acne, otherwise if the cheap ones work I'll always go for the cheap!

Save:

Everything else! lol

Save:

Haircare products (I'm a hairstylist, so I get them @ wholesale)

Splurge:

Everything else!
eek.gif

I'm bad, bad, bad!
frown.gif
I don't buy anything from the drugstore. Only Sephora & Nordstrom.

I figure that since I save so much $$$ on my hair by coloring it myself, and getting hair products at wholesale, that it's ok if I splurge on all of the other stuff.

I SPLURGE on:

Foundation

Mascara

Eyeshadows

Blush

Concealor

I SAVE on:

Lipliner

Saying that, i haven't splashed out in ages.. Gonna blow lots of money at Xmas though!

This is a great question Feistyfemme!

Save:

Lip liner

Ligloss

Eye liner

Skin care. If cheaper skin care products work I'll go for them but if some product really helps my skin then I'll splurge and get is as long as it's still reasonable.

Hair Care

Splurge:

Mascara

Foundation

Some times hair care

Sometimes skin care

I try to save most of the time and I'm always on the look out for sales and bargains especially on the web. Gotta love the online shopping with the deals!

save

styling products

blush

skin care

eye liner

splurge

shampoo and conditioner

mascara

foundation

perfume

soap

a bit of both:

nail polish

eye shadow

lip color

lotion

shower gel

Save:

nail polish

foundation

eyeliner

mascara

blush

haircare

skincare

splurge:

eyeshadow

lipgloss

SAVE:

Nail Polish and nail goods

Hair Conditioner and serums

Body Lotions and bath gels

SPLURGE:

Everything else! hahaha

Expensive shampoo to keep my hair color in, usually cheap conditioners don't hurt my hair color, besides, Pantene makes the best conditioners I've ever tried. I also use John Freida serums that work really good. The product "Spotlight" saved my life!!!

Recently I've been buying cheap lipgloss, I've found that CG makes some really good ones.

I totally splurge on face care. I have super sensitive skin so I spend hundreds to keep it in shape. It sucks, I know so many people that use Ivory soap and they look great.. I can't!

Latest posts

Back