Scared of relationships

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Right this is totally weird, i like this guy i mean really like, Im close to being in love with him. But the problem is i get increasingly scared of the thought of having a relationship with him. I mean in the mornings before i go to college, because i know i will see him right, i get these really bad anxiety attacks. I don't get why its really bad, what is also really bad is, he really likes me and wants to be with me, so i keep making excuses and rejecting him.

Its really annoying we wanna be with eachother and im scared!!!

What Do i do he doesn't know about these feelings?

Have you ever experienced this? How did you overcome it?

Please help

What do you have to lose? Why don't you just go out on a date with him? If he is a gentleman, at least you will get a free meal out of the deal.

This is horrible advice I'm giving, but the way I see it you shouldn't be scared. The worst thing that happens is he rejects you and then your problems are solved.

Have you had a rejection or bad relationship in the past? One thing is for sure...I have seen so many friends let "good ones" slip through their fingers because of commitment issues. Don't be one of them. Give it a chance, the worst that can happen is you're not together and that's what will aready be if you don't try!

I know it's hard to put yourself out there. But just remember there is no opportunity without risk!

I also know the feeling. Like others said I would give it a try, you never know he could be the one. You don't have to rush into a relationship, take it at a pace your comfortable with.

I'd let him know that I was really nervous, and be upfront about it. Sometimes, it makes you feel MORE nervous, knowing he wont understand you're nervous, because you havent said anything, so just letting him know how you feel will make it easier.

On the other hand, if you don't usually get panic attacks, then maybe your gut is telling you something? sometimes our hearts know more than our heads. Could be your instinct!

hopefully it will all work out though. Best of luck!

Sometimes in life you just have to take risks. You don't want to go through life thinking what if.

Is it possible that you think you don't deserve this relationship?

Are you holding back or punishing yourself out of guilt?

Then the anxiety manifests itself from the guilt?

Is he aware of the anxious feelings you have?

Consider talking to him about everything and maybe he will help lessen your fears.

First of all, have you two been on a date already or not? If you're talking about him asking you to 'be together' it seems as though its getting serious at a quick pace, perhaps a little too quick for you. Besides, the only way to realize whether you're in love with this person or merely infatuated with him is to spend some time together and get to know yourselves. If it turns out that your gut was right and that deep down he's a prick than you can explain to him that he's not the right man and that you need to part your ways. If it turns out that he indeed is the guy of your dreams, then you've hit the jackpot!

i have to tell you i was hurt.. hurt badly by a guy my freshman year..a guy i thought cared for me.. i almost fell for. he took my virginity.. turns out it was a bet. and he wouldnt talk to me or even look at me the next day.. so i must say i was hurt.. wel then later i found a guy that as getting close to me but i felt myself pushing and putting up boundries.. (it was this guys friend) but this guy was sweet and nice not like the guy that hurt me.. but maybe it was a act i didnt know.. he came over and well i didnt want to but i did.. i felt for this person.. but didnt know.. i let myself show.. said.. cant be hurt anymore then i am.. i had sex with the guy as well. and well i cried after words. he called the next day saying how he wanted to see me.. all he could think about was me.. he came over and held me and was so sweet.. made love to him.. and cried.. wel here i am married to that guy... and love him.. to death. im glad i listend to my heart.. i new deep down i trusted him.. but was hurt by his friend in fact the next day at school i had guys lined at my locker.. asking me out on dates.. i was known that i put out and it hurt.. i was hurt.. but i listend to my heart girl.. and my heart found me true love.. so its true darlin

if you want a rainbow you have to go through the rain

you want true love... you have to go through the pain..

Dude I can totally relate. I am the same way, it sucks. I guess you gotta put yourself out there and see if people care.

Back