Scared to use tampons?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok, so long story short i'm scared to use tampons! i mean, i tried them twice (Playtex gentle glide, and O.B.), each time they went in comfortably and were fine, however i know your supposed to push them in farther until you dont feel them,but i was too scared! i just get scared that it'll get stuck in there and when i got to take it out that the string will break, etc etc.................so both times when i tried them i immediately took them out after less than 10 min. i dont know why i'm so scared/ paranoid. has anyone else ever felt this way? i mean,i'm 23 and married, so its not like i'm too young or naive to be able to handle something like this, u know? any advice ladies? has a tampon ever gotten stuck in you?? any other problems with them? i just want to be able to use them every now and then when i'm annoyed of pads. this is so embarassing, i hope i dont sound insane!!
unsure.gif

thanks in advance

You don't sound insane, but I assure you that it's fine. You shouldn't even feel it when it's in. If you do then it does need to go up further. But don't beat yourself up either. Some women just don't like them.

Even if one did get lodged in there...there is no where for it to go!! You just go to the Doctor and they remove it. No Big Deal. I have never had a string break, I've actually cut the strings so that they didn't show in a swimsuit.

Yeah, it can't get "lost" in there! I don't wear tampons at all, I think they are uncomfortanble, to me anyway. If you ever have one that "gets stuck", you don't even have to go to the doctor. Have your husban or a very good friend get it out for you! Sounds gross, but it will save you a trip to the doctor.

Tampons can't get lost in there! On rare occasions, if the tampon string gets inside, all you do is reach in your fingers and pull it out. I have only had issues pulling out tampons when I was younger with a lighter period, which needed a bit more tugging to get out, but it wasn't a big deal. It has no where to go, like Amanda said, so I wouldn't be so worried. Plus, the string has NEVER broken once, and I have had my period since I was 9. Don't worry, but I can understand your fear.

i have never tried one...but i have the same fear as you...and my biggest question will be more insane than yours...will it affect our viginity :-s

im so sorry i am a paranoid freak :'(

Originally Posted by rakshana /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have never tried one...but i have the same fear as you...and my biggest question will be more insane than yours...will it affect our viginity :-sim so sorry i am a paranoid freak :'(

Losing your virginity is the act of putting a penis into a vagina. A tampon can't do anything to your virginity, but it could possibly break the hymen if you wear tampons and play sports, ride horses, etc. But unless you have had a penis in there, you are still a virgin.

Some women dont even have a hymen so the virginity thing is so stupid but some people still believe it.

thank you! sorry the word was hymen, but i forgot when i was typing this out. Thank you
smile.gif

Just try to insert deep enough and see if you can tolerate it for an hour. If you can try for another hour and go from there=)

Originally Posted by rakshana /img/forum/go_quote.gif thank you! sorry the word was hymen, but i forgot when i was typing this out. Thank you
smile.gif
Don't worry, it's okay (we always forget words).
Like someone said, it won't affect your hymen.

Explanation time!
15hg.gif

1- What is the hymen? Hymen is a membrane that exists on the entrance of the vagina.

2- Why does it exist? When the feminine organs are being formed while an embryo, it's the place where the external opening that we have (a primitive structure) connects with the internal opening - that will form the vagina. A membrane is a leftover

3- Why does it bleed on the first sexual relation in some women? Well, like a lot of places on our body, it has vases irrigating it. When having an intercourse, the penis dilate the hymen and makes a small tear (unless you have an elastic hymen - that is able to 'open' more than the regular one). If it makes a tear on top of a vase, it'll bleed.

4- Why the tampons don't affect it? Because they're thin enough to pass through the hymen almost without dilating it. The hymen has a strecthing ability, but it's not like it's ginourmous;

Curiosities: did you know that hymen have a shape?

Most of women have the shape that looks like a crescent moon; the circle isn't that common. There's cases that the women have hymens like a heart, or even it can be with a lot of tiny holes instead of just one , with a line of membrane between (making 2 holes) or even imperfurated. Those women have to have their hymens opened surgically.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Anjanasadil, I never have had a tampon get stuck inside of me, or had a string break, and I have been using tampons since I was a teenager (16?). Also, I did not get the impression from your post that you were worried it would be "lost" inside of you.

I would recommend that you go with the lowest absorbency needed for that day's flow. The only "issue" I've ever had, and it still wasn't a problem, was that the tampon was too absorbent, and then ended up being slightly resistant to removal, but still had NO problem at all in getting it out.

Rakshana, women nowadays break their hymen b/c of the regular physical activity they engage in everyday in their lives. It does not mean they are no longer virgins. The one poster was correct, until you have sexual intercourse with a man, you are most definitely still a virgin.
wink3.gif

Thanks everyone for your honest replies. i'm starting to feel much better about this issue, and i'm thinking of giving tampons a go the next time around.
smile.gif

i've given up on tampons, i'm basically too stressed each time i try to put one, which is ridiculous. i also have heavy periods, so i prefer using pads.

You dont sound silly at all. In fact, in the off chance the string did break. You could get itout yourself, really =) There is no where for it to go, really.

If you don't like tampons (and there are TONS of women who don't), don't feel like you are different. You can simply choose another sanitary method. It's no biggie, and nobody will think you're strange.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you don't like tampons (and there are TONS of women who don't), don't feel like you are different. You can simply choose another sanitary method. It's no biggie, and nobody will think you're strange. Thanks!! i was starting to think to myself "all other girls can use them,,,why cant i?".........but now when i do try them again and IF i dont like them, i wont beat myself up about it.
laughing.gif

I used to be afraid too! I think it was that whole TSS thing. But now I can't live without them! Especially for my periods

if the string does break, you just squat down and you can reach the tampon easily
smile.gif

I think to be worried is normal but tampons have their place, they're really convenient in some situations. Good luck with using them!

there's nothing wrong with not using them anyway, if you're happy and comfortable with pads then I'd stick with them

Latest posts

Back