scars

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a scar on my face, and Mederma did nothing for me. I want to try Vitamin C creams.  Has anyone used one of these? Which one's better? www.inviciblescars.com or www.murad.com/daily-vitamin-c-treatment.jsp or www.dermstore.com/product_Vitamin+C+and+E+Complex_2708.htm

The Vitamin C creams does not do job for scars directly, but the reason it is used it serums is that the body uses vitamin C to synthesize collagen, a naturally occurring protein which does help with scars.

One of the best ways to remove your scar is to make sure that your skin is hydrated whole day. Drink plenty of water daily and speak to the doctor for right skin care treatment.

I think you should apply lavendar or rosehip oil regularly before going to bed.This method is very effective to reduces scars.

scars in the skin are less resistant to ultraviolet radiation, and sweat glands and hair follicles do not grow back within scar tissue and your skin is hydrated whole day so drink plenty of water.

Your post on reducing the scars is a very important factor which I was searching about. Here I found complete solution to my problem in a single platform. The tips are very easy to understand and apply.

Hello folks. I’d love to add to the thread regarding reducing scars. A friend of mine recently had some ‘semi permanent makeup’ done on her stretch marks. She used rosehip oil all through her pregnancy with the twins but still ended up with quite a few scars and for about two years she refused to go out in a bikini in the summertime! Her husband suggested going for the treatment and since then she has never looked back and the bikini has been unearthed from the bottom drawer! The pigmentation that is injected into the scar is tinted so that it becomes the same colour as the skin. I would recommend looking into getting it done if your scars are distressing you. Make sure you go to a reputable firm and always insist that needles and gloves are opened infront of your eyes! Hygiene is of paramount importance. If you are interested check out some more information here http://www.finishingtouchesgroup.com/what_is_semi_permanent_make_up.htm

Nathalie x

What will work best for you will depend on the severity of your scarring and how perhaps this scar occured. As others have mentioned, everyone's skin is different and so scarring in its appearance can differ. Skin is a very delicate part of our bodies and one we need to look after, scars are still skin but they are just new skin that has grown and healed us when we've been damaged. (And we often unintentionally find ourselves damaged goods!)

I just think it is a very fragile thing to play around with and because we all like to look our best and can be tempted to try different cosmetics without speaking to a professional first. In these cases, more often than not we make our appearance worse. I wouldn't think a cream would do much good if I'm honest but againg it depends on the severity of the scar.

I would try speaking to your GP if you haven't already and voice your concerns about why you want to conceal your scarring a little more and see if there is anything they can recommend. Aternatively professionals in the cosmetic industry may be best to speak with as they perform a lot of corrective treatments, some a little less radical than others such as semi-permanent make up as this treatment also offers a micro-needling procedure which can help to reduce scarring.

I hope this helps and best of luck to you x

Latest posts

Back