Scary- Houston has a serial killer on the loose

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nude Woman's Body Found In Ditch

POSTED: 7:04 pm CDT September 22, 2007

UPDATED: 9:27 am CDT September 23, 2007

HOUSTON -- The nude body of a woman was found in a ditch in the Acres Homes area, KPRC Local 2 reported Saturday.

Lonnie Harrison and another man made the discovery in the 1100 block of Bland on Saturday at about 9:15 a.m.

"They had this roped off when everybody got out. They didn't let nobody in here," said resident Betty Jean Williams.

Police said the victim was a young black woman. Her nude body was facedown. She has not been identified.

"The first thing that went through my mind was last year when they were having all these females killed like that. I hope it wasn't a repeat of last year," Harrison said.

Last year, the bodies of six women were found over the course of seven months.

The women were tossed away like trash -- along roadways and out of site behind buildings, according to authorities.

Investigators said all the incidents were strikingly similar.

"We have had some problems in this area with (women) found deceased in this area," said Steve Straughter with the Houston Police Department. "We are taking this one real serious."

The rash of murders caused residents of the Acres Homes community to rally together -- holding meetings and passing out fliers to spread awareness and find the killer.

Police said they believed the murders and several sexual assaults were the work of one man.

Investigators thought they captured the man behind the slayings, but that is still being debated.

Meanwhile, residents just hope Saturday's discovery was an isolated incident.

"I'm not a scared person, but there's so much stuff going on and I've seen a lot of things that you just didn't think would happen," Harrison said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

This is really frightening. I hope they catch whoever is behind this soon. It has been ongoing since last year.

I am so freaked out by all of this. It's happening in NW Houston, which is where I live. Where one of the bodies was found is only 20 min. from my apartment.

That is scary... hopefully they can catch whoever it is before anything else happens.

technically a serial killer has to kill one more person or up to 3 people to be called serial killer, this is just a homicide for now

Wow that *is* scary!!
eek.gif

or it could be a copy cat killer, or the killer has struck again from the 7 bodies from last year, it could be the zodiac killer which they never found who he was

This is insane! In the US of A, stuff like this happens? Now young ladies cannot even think to go out in small numbers to have a fun night on the town or walk in the streets for fear of being attacked. Reading stories like this make me daydream about packing up and shipping off to Iceland or somewhere else.

Originally Posted by Pinkgirl84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif technically a serial killer has to kill one more person or up to 3 people to be called serial killer, this is just a homicide for now There have been 7 bodies so far, all in the same area, all connected. This is just the latest.

hmm if he is not leaving any clues then that is hard and no evidence, it seems like he prays on young women or women in general, seems like he must get revenge, sorry took alot of criminal justice classes and profiling, he has anger towards women and only women

it can take almost 2 years to get this guy if there is no DNA, but if DNA is involved it will take a couple months for the results to come back since the labs are always backed up. hopefully they will catch the guy.

Latest posts

Back