Screeching My Husband on Saturday

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I turn 24 on Sunday the 9th, and we're having a party on Saturday the 8th. I hope we get a good crowd over for a party/BBQ, but the best part of it all (Saja is going to LOVE this) is that . . .

We're having a Traditional Newfoundland Screech-in to make my husband an Honorary Newfoundlander!

What does this involve you ask? Well, let me tell you
biggrin.gif

The “Screech In†Ceremony

Every Newfoundlander knows what a "Screech In" Ceremony is all about.

It is the only way that those not lucky enough to be born a Newfoundlander can become as close as possible to being a

Newfoundlander, without having to die and be reincarnated as a Newfoundlander.

Those who survive the ceremony will be forever known as HONORARY NEWFOUNDLANDERS.

Requirements for the ceremony:

1. The "Screech In" ceremony can only be preformed by a natural-born Newfoundlander.

2. A real fish (traditionally a cod, but, since these are hard to find, any whole fish will do).

3. A Sou'Wester.

4. A bottle of Screech.

The Ceremony:

The ceremony host (the natural-born Newfoundlander), will have the victim stand in front of a group of witnesses while wearing the Sou'Wester.

The host will then hold up the fish to the victim so that the victim can kiss the fish (on the lips). {The host and witnesses have final say on whether the kiss is sufficient to continue. In rare cases, two or

more kisses have to be administered}.

Next, the host will gingerly pout a full shot of Screech. This is handed to the victim and he or she has to repeat the following, before drinking, and while holding the glass high:

"Long may your big jib draw"
After this, present the victim with the “Screech In†Certificate as proof of their adventure.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
15d.gif
daz.gif

LOL! It's up to the crowd of Newfoundlanders to decide if the kiss is sufficient, so it depends
wink.gif
Lets just say he has to do it with feeling!

Have fun to Wes! I'd NEVER do that... Kiss a fish? I don't even eat fish! LOL!

Oh thanks! This will be my first time screeching someone, but I've witnessed a screeching before, it was so fun!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Saja /img/forum/go_quote.gif I need to get screeced in at some point too! Can you be here by Saturday?
biggrin.gif

When I saw the title of your post, Kee, I thought, hmm... shouldn't that be in the 18+ area? LOL

Sounds like fun!

Originally Posted by velvet_tears /img/forum/go_quote.gif When I saw the title of your post, Kee, I thought, hmm... shouldn't that be in the 18+ area? LOL
Sounds like fun!

LOL! I'm surprised no one has made a comment like this until now!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can you be here by Saturday?
biggrin.gif
Lemme call the captain and have the jet ready....oh damn...I have to work that day hahah

Back