self tanners- whats the best??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
right im looking for a new self tanner to use to see if its any better than the one i use now

does anyone know of any good ones that you can recommend?

Hi,

Well, what self tanners have you tried? I have tried a bunch: React (air brush solution), l'oreal sublime, no-ad, sally hansen air brush sun (currently my favorite) banana boat, coppertone endless summer, salon bronze, neutrogena foam, the body shop sunless tanner, Jiffy tan, savage bronze and fake bake. I have to say that I really liked salon bronze the best, it gave me a gorgeous color and it had no DHA smell. However, it took a whole can to do my body and even a second one since the application was really messy. I also really like Sally Hansen airbrush sun. What skin type are you?

Hi Nawtylaura,

I would prefer Arbonne Self-Tanner. It is a wonderful product. It is also an all natural swiss product. If you would like to look up on it please visit my website xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thank you,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by nawtylaura right im looking for a new self tanner to use to see if its any better than the one i use nowdoes anyone know of any good ones that you can recommend?

if you are rather fair skinned I recomend new clarins eau lactee. it is very light, you only have to use small amount and it gives really nice color. I use it for my face.

For body I really like loreal sublime bronze and clinique tinted mousse.

Originally Posted by neacolga Hi Nawtylaura,I would prefer Arbonne Self-Tanner. It is a wonderful product. It is also an all natural swiss product. If you would like to look up on it please visit my website XXXXXXXXXXXXX .

Thank you,

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXX

Hi Neacolga, 

Welcome to MakeupTalk! Glad to have you here. We love having more Arbonne product enthusiasts and are happy that you've joined!

You might not have been aware of the spam rules outlined in the registration section. It is considered "spamming" to promote other web sites with referral links. Chances are that you have overlooked this or did not fully understand it.
icon_redface.gif
NO big deal! I have edited your post so that it does not have the promotional link. We want you on board, but need to be sensitive to the spam issue. Kindly review our rules here

Once again, thank you for joining MakeupTalk. We look forward to your posts.

Sincerely,

Marisol

P.S. You can post a promotional link in your signature. Just go to "edit my profile" and type it the way that you'd like the message to be displayed on your posts.

Here are my two favorites:

I've tried Oil of Olay Quench Reviver and to me it works the best and is very subtle and less inclined to see the tell-tale marks of where it begins and ends, especially if you're not the best at applying it. Cost is about $7.99

The other one that worked great for me because the color is real and not orange is Christian Dior "Dior Bronze" self tanner in a tube, sold at the Dior counter in most department stores for $27.00

I've reviewed both of these, by the way.

Originally Posted by nawtylaura right im looking for a new self tanner to use to see if its any better than the one i use nowdoes anyone know of any good ones that you can recommend?

I would recommend Neutrogena build a tan..you control how dark you want the tan!

Originally Posted by nawtylaura thanks everyone ill try some of them n let u know how they go!! ive tried st tropaz mouse which i aplied myself and as im fair skinned turned out very natural. However just had for thr first time a fake tan applied by a therapist in a beauty salon. It turned out fab very natural and was californian sunless tan. Im so pleased with it
icon_biggrin.gif

I use to fear self-tanners because I was always afraid of looking orange but I finally tried Arbonne's Self -tanner and it works well. I know a few times I got orange spots but that's because I didn't rub it in good. It works well and has SPF 15 in it too. I like the spray one best because they are easier to rub in. Make sure to rub it in good and avoid your ankles. I messed up the first time and had orange spots on my ankles. Good Luck!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

For most self tanning creams I have a lot of trouble with streaks and such... but i absolutely love Sally Hansen's spray tan... it comes in a can that you can find at any target, kmart or wal-mart and you just spray wherever and don't have to worry about messing up... also you can get different shades depending on how light or dark you are.

thats great,ive been wanting to ask you girls for a long time but i really didn't have time..

i heard a lotta stuff about the Dior bronzer,has anybody used it,is it really worthy?

i'm really confused,i've checked the reviews and couldn't make up my mind really, every and each girl has her own opinion about the same product and it's different everytime!

so, i really want a product that gives me the same result that Shakira has in this picture

(i usualy get almost the same result when i tan at the beach,but i really cant go to the beach a lot lately
icon_confused.gif
)

so yeah, i really do love a product that gives me a very light tan with the same glow!

is there such a thing??
icon_neutral.gif

please help,i'm desprate :

btw, i can't get the same drugstore products as you do,please don't make me sad, so non-drugstore brands recs would be good for me
icon_cry.gif

Latest posts

Back