Semi permanent makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello

i know theres a few threads on this subject but still im posting

i plan to get my eyebrows and lips done in october

ive lost my lip line with age plus im sick of my uneven lips in size and colour

my eyebrows-well i overplucked in my teens and now im tired of drawing them,i cant ever get them both even

so the salon i go to for treatments etc which ive been going to for over a year no-great staff etc have a trained qualified woman who comes down once a month and does the perm makeup

10 years experience,seen before after pics plus the staff at salon have shown me her work as they had their lips brows done

what i want to know is exactly what happens?

ive been told the lip line will be black when its done as its gta scab

possibly cold sores on lips esp if prone to them-which im not

can i wear my mmu aftr it?

can i wash my face?

free consultation provided

i can opt for the feather effect re brows

help...im nervous i think

Originally Posted by taz1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif hello
i know theres a few threads on this subject but still im posting

i plan to get my eyebrows and lips done in october

ive lost my lip line with age plus im sick of my uneven lips in size and colour

my eyebrows-well i overplucked in my teens and now im tired of drawing them,i cant ever get them both even

so the salon i go to for treatments etc which ive been going to for over a year no-great staff etc have a trained qualified woman who comes down once a month and does the perm makeup

10 years experience,seen before after pics plus the staff at salon have shown me her work as they had their lips brows done

what i want to know is exactly what happens?

ive been told the lip line will be black when its done as its gta scab

possibly cold sores on lips esp if prone to them-which im not

can i wear my mmu aftr it?

can i wash my face?

free consultation provided

i can opt for the feather effect re brows

help...im nervous i think

Hi, my name is stephanie. I got my eyebrows and eyeliner top and bottom tatooed about two years ago and I think it was one of the best things I have ever done. I didn't over pluck my eyebrows but they were never the same. They were sparse and just grew funky. I could never get them even, so I thought I don't want the hassle anymore and when I got my tax return I just went for it. The gal who did mine was at a salon I had been going to and she was also a ear, nose and throat Doctor and had a office there in the salon. I also got my eyeliner done and I am extremely happy with it too. I was very nervous too. But I was very quickly calmed when I got there. They offered me wine or hot tea and I went back into a room and layed down on this comfortable chair and they put some numbing cream where they were doing the procedures, and I just relaxed for a while with my hot tea and waited for the numbing cream to work its magic. (And of course I'm sure you and the person doing it have already picked out your colors prior to your appt.) So she came back in to check it I was ready and numb and then we started. She always explained everything she was going to do before she did it and how it was going to feel. The eyeliner was the wierdest at first while she was doing it but I got used to it. The eyebrows were no sweat at all, I didn't feel much because I was so numb. It was a pretty good experience for me, I completly trusted the gal that was doing it because we had been through the pictures, colors and what would look best on me. She sent me home with some cream stuff to put on just like with a tatoo, it helps to heal it faster and you probably will have some scabbing. Don't pick at it or pull it off though, let it fall off by itself or you may pull up some of the color and have a spot there. I think mine took about a week for my scabs to fall off and I was able to wash my face and do everything normaly. I stay at home with my kids so I didn't go out much, but it wasn't that noticable either so if you did have to run somewhere it was ok. You just have to give it some time to heal and they should tell you before you leave what to expect and what to do. I was so happy I did it, so happy. It was less for me too have to worry about and I would definatly do it again. It is so much easier, my eyebrows and eyeliner were already done for me in the morning and if I wanted to add any makeup I could but I found I didn't need to. I think you will be very happy once its done, it heals. Sorry about the long post and let me know how it turns out. I hope this helps. I'm sure it will turn out great!

hello

many many thanks for the detailed info

its put me at ease

im really looking forward to getting it done

im just concerned about whether i could wash my face that day

basically i plan to book n get it done in morning..along with 2 days off from work

i dont plan on wearing makeup on the day if anything il just wear my face mineral powder

so when i get it done can i wash my face that night to remove my makeup

what about the following days??

i understand about the scabbing-same as tattoos u get done like you mentioned

Originally Posted by taz1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif hellomany many thanks for the detailed info

its put me at ease

im really looking forward to getting it done

im just concerned about whether i could wash my face that day

basically i plan to book n get it done in morning..along with 2 days off from work

i dont plan on wearing makeup on the day if anything il just wear my face mineral powder

so when i get it done can i wash my face that night to remove my makeup

what about the following days??

i understand about the scabbing-same as tattoos u get done like you mentioned

I didn't wear any makeup, but I don't wear much anyway. My best advise would be to call and ask the gal who's doing it about wearing makeup that day and I'm sure she could advise you whats best to do. Maybe what you could do is if you still wanted to wear your mineral powder you could use one of those makeup remover cloths,cleansing towletts like oil of olay or ponds. That way you could clean your face around your eyebrows and lips, and that would probably work for the day of. What I did for the following days was just shower and usual, I washed my face and everything just don't rub those areas. And rinse off like normal and let the shower water run over the scabs too because they will loosen up and fall off by themselves. You won't need to cover the areas while you shower or wash you face. Basicly I just did buisness a usual you just don't want to pull, tug or rub the scabs even though they may be a little itchy. If you want to too you could just keep using the face cleansing cloths for the whole time until the scabs fall off, thats an option too. I think it took like a week for mine, if you don't want to wash it in the shower. But I would call and talk to them at the salon and don't be embarrased (sp) about asking all the questions you have. Its your face and you have every right to know exactly whats going to happen and the easiest way to heal. Please feel free to ask me any more questions you have, it doesn't bother me at all, I promise! Stephanie

Originally Posted by taz1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif thnx soo much stephanie il keep you posted

Your very welcome, no problem at all!

just so you all know

the dates set

wednesday 7 november at 11AM il be getting my permanent makeup done

very xcited

il be sure to get before and after pics

hey..that sounds nice!!!

i am sure it will be great for you
smile.gif

yaa..take pics..maybe i might gofor it too
biggrin.gif

Good for you! My SIL has her eyeliner done, and it looks great - always has (6+ years now). She gets touch ups once in a while, but even right before her touch up, she looks amazing. I've heard really good things about the brow feathering technique, too. Very natural looking!

Def. keep us posted, and pics, please!

Good luck... I don't think i'd like anything permanent since I like to change up my looks a lot... lol Kind of part of the hobby for me i guess!!

hello all

well i finally got it done

a long 4 hour session whereby we went through what the procedure would entail,the consultation form-ie medical stuff,allergies,gp contact etc.the technician advised me on best suited colours for my lips.like the fact that naturally pigmented lips wont take to all colours but pale lips would as theyre like a 'clean canvass' to work on.my lips are quite dark naturally and i wanted a mauvish colour.we werent sure if the pigment we both opted for would be taken into the skin but luckily it did.

re the eyebrows she drew them on me first to ensure the shape was to my satisfaction-this took a while in that we were tryin to get them symmetrical lol.apparently everyones half face isnt exactly symmetrical to the other half side of face-i didnt know this.

anaesthetic was applied in gel format to both areas.

i found the eyebrows didnt hurt but the lips stung a bit esp when she was doing lip line on me

a balm was given after for the healing aid and we went thrugh the do's and dont's towards the end

the final look is quite naturally many said when they saw me

ive alreadyt been booked for my touch up in 4 wks time which was inclusive in the price.then i can say if i want brows thicker or lips darker.

i feel my technician was good as she was honest when talking about pigments and how certain skin takes to certain pigments and that some wouldnt rather than having a technician who just did as u wanted and didnt give you lowdown on pigment rejection and stuff

heres sum before and afters-im sorry but was quite hard to capture the lips.

wow..your lips look beautiful!!

though you can go with thicker eyebrows, but these look soo natural!!
biggrin.gif

you look lovely!!

thnkyou

today they look even better

i think im gonaa have me brows done a bit more thicker next time

Latest posts

Back