Sephora Block Buster Kit

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw this! I've never actually bought any Sephora products before though, so I was wondering what you guys thought about the quality. I usually just go in there for the other brands. 

I received a blockbuster kit last year as a gift. The pigmentation is fine, and they have some hit and miss colors but overall it is a nice kit. The only downside is the bulkiness. The sizes of the individual pans are on the small side but they go a long way. Sephora brand cosmetics have improved greatly since I have first tried them. In general it is a great deal and it contains pretty nice products but just be aware that it is something that I hardly ever use because it is inconvenient to keep out for everyday use. Hope that helps!

I got the email about it...waaaaaay too many colors I would never use for me to justify it, but it does look like an amazing deal!

I did, but I have just never been that impressed with their Blockbuster sets. I was excited about the new Laura Mercier 500 point perk.

Originally Posted by dixiegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is exactly what I was thinking.  I was thinking of getting this and not using 90% of the stuff in it or buying Urban Decay's Naked for $10 more and using everything.  Sigh.
Go with Naked!! Honestly, best investment I've ever made, better product, takes up less space!

I got the xmas blockbuster kit last year for (part of) my freelance kit. Clients choose from it all the time, it was a steal of a deal.

I have the one from 2010 and to be honest I've used it only a handful of times and haven't used it in about six or more months. I'm passing it to my daughters.

It's a good value, but I wouldn't buy it for the same reason I don't buy 88 palettes from other brands, too bulky. Packaging is important to me and I like sleek beautiful palettes. Plus I have a small college apartment and it just takes up too much space.

I took out my 2010 Sephora Blockbuster and the 2010 Belk palette and the colors are so pretty but the packaging is indeed bulky. I'm going to try and take the shows, blushes, lip glosses, etc out of the cases and put them in a Z Palette or something similar.

I would rather invest in some luxury eyeshadow like Urban Decay or Lorac. (They're luxury products to me!)  I think the blockbuster is fantastic for someone who wants to experiment and play with tons of color and combinations, though!  I'm holding out for other holiday kits... that UD Fun Palette is calling my name!

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would rather invest in some luxury eyeshadow like Urban Decay or Lorac. (They're luxury products to me!)  I think the blockbuster is fantastic for someone who wants to experiment and play with tons of color and combinations, though!  I'm holding out for other holiday kits... that UD Fun Palette is calling my name!
It's (SEPHORA brand) still considered higher quality than drug store brands. I have only prestige brands in my kit, and the blockbuster palette holds up to all my other shadows and lip colours no problem-o. It's bulky but not as bulky as taking a bunch of individual shadows. It's right alongside my Manly 120 palette.

Latest posts

Back