Sephora Haul - Tuesday Night

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Why didn't I go workout like I planned? No.....I had to make a detour to Sephora tonight instead. I finally bought their train case (the largest one in black). I've seen it online, looked at it in person, seemed perfect for all my makeup. But as it turns out....

it's not big enough for me !!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_evil.gif
When I got home, I tore open the carton and threw away the wrapping instead of waiting a day at least. And I'll be darned if I'm lugging this thing back on my commute to return it after work. (not that I can now anyway) Serves me right.
icon_sad.gif

Oh yeah...of course I had to also pick up two makeup brushes, a Clinique eyeshadow duo ("coffee shop"), one Bare Escentuals eyeshadow in "Bare Skin" and a Bare Escentuals lip gloss in "Glee"

icon_rolleyes.gif
somebody kick me please.
icon_redface.gif

Going to Sephora is very dangerous for me. That's why I try to stay away.
icon_biggrin.gif
But that's easier said than done. Sorry the traincase didn't work out for you. Maybe it will be better once you get used to it.

Nice haul... sorry to hear about the traincase though. Maybe you can just use it for certain things? Like eyes/lips or brushes/foundations... then maybe get another less expensive one for the rest? I know I can't fit all my stuff into the one I have. So I have a lot in MU bags..
icon_redface.gif

nice haul besides the traincase.

i bought mine on ebay and i think it's bigger than the sephora one, as well as cheaper. you should check those out.

That's a good idea.
icon_smile.gif

Also I guess I can always clear out more stuff I'm not using to make more room in it. I got too many darn lipsticks. And I did a clean-out just a couple of months ago. But then I found this website and I restocked !
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Now I have three MU bags on my vanity/makeup table and my train case on the floor next to it. I was trying to do away with the bags but like you too, I'll still need them.

hehe. well, my makeup stash is getting bigger, so i'm getting another train case for like my lipsticks or something. i'm still trying to figure it out though since i depotted all my shadows and they're in pans, so there's some more room in my current one.

I sent over 100 lipsticks to my sister and relatives a few months ago!!! I only keep what I can use now because certain ingreadients also irritate my lips.... Then I start playing with my lips again!!!
icon_evil.gif
it is worse than picking at a pimple I tell ya! I clean out my organizer very often; therefore, I don't have as many mu as some of the wonderful notepads I saw
icon_sad.gif
I can't help myself tho because if I don't give away the ones I don't use they take space and they get old. I read somewhere that if you don't use a product for 6 months or so, chances are you don't need it
icon_lol.gif

Oh I’m so jealous Amethyst. I’ve been wanting that Sephora traincase. Sorry to hear its not big enough though. How are you liking the BE e/s?

Originally Posted by Amethyst Why didn't I go workout like I planned? No.....I had to make a detour to Sephora tonight instead. I finally bought their train case (the largest one in black). I've seen it online, looked at it in person, seemed perfect for all my makeup. But as it turns out....
it's not big enough for me !!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_evil.gif
When I got home, I tore open the carton and threw away the wrapping instead of waiting a day at least. And I'll be darned if I'm lugging this thing back on my commute to return it after work. (not that I can now anyway) Serves me right.
icon_sad.gif

Oh yeah...of course I had to also pick up two makeup brushes, a Clinique eyeshadow duo ("coffee shop"), one Bare Escentuals eyeshadow in "Bare Skin" and a Bare Escentuals lip gloss in "Glee"

icon_rolleyes.gif
somebody kick me please.
icon_redface.gif

there ya go ! lol
tongue.gif

Thanks K*O*
tongue.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I used the Bare Escentuals eyeshadow this morning and I'm not too crazy about it. It looks a lot more sparkly than it did at Sephora (and I tested it there and walked outside in the street to even look at it again). It looks like an eyeshadow for clubbing or holidays. I really expected it to be a shimmery-beige-flesh sand. But the shimmer is way more than I hoped for. I was verry careful not to spill it since it's loose shadow. I don't usually buy loose shadow but since I've heard good reviews about this brand, I decided to buy it. Oh well, this will go in my "infrequent use" pile.
icon_neutral.gif

Back