Sephora inside JCPenney

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently (yesterday) interviewed for a job at my local SiJC. The interview went really well, and I was told that once my bg check comes back, they would contact me to offer me the job :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does anyone else work for a SiJP? I am not entirely sure what to expect, since I've heard it's very different from a freestanding Sephora. Any insight about the job, pay, or just what I should be expecting, would be really appreciated.

I interviewed for a product consultant position.

Thanks!

I'm not sure bc I've never worked for sephora, but I think it's just retail pay. I don't think you get commission, just a product discount. Good luck to you.

Working at Sephora inside JC Penney is nothing like working for a free standing Sephora. It takes on the same low class Penny appearance and attracts low class management and workers

I would definitely disregard smidge's comment. That was classless. Although, SiJCP still falls under JCP regulations, I believe. I don't know what you should expect, but if you have any retail experience, it'll be helpful. Anyway, congratulations to you and enjoy your new employee discount lol.

Congrats on the new job! Every JCP Sephora I've been to has been incredibly nice, clean, well-managed and staffed. 

And disregard the troll. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Whoa, I really like JCPenny ever since they have had a big re-hall this past year. I'm not sure the answer to your question, but good luck.. and please disregard that mean comment. 

wow. snooty enough?

I don't know about the job, but the Sephora in JCP folks I've run into have all been very nice and just as professional as the one in the free-standing stores. Come to think of it, the SiJCP by my work has a makeup studio/counter thingy in it too, to do make applications, etc...so I imagine they'd have to put you through the same type of training as all other associates...

I didn't know there was Sephora's in JCP!  That would be a lot closer to me than going to the real Sephora, Especially since I'm usually just looking for something fun and nothing specific.  Can't wait to check that out.  I hope you get the job - sounds fun to me!  Assuming you don't accidentally spend all your paycheck on your products ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Retail can be so dangerous!

Originally Posted by Jennasaurus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't know there was Sephora's in JCP!  That would be a lot closer to me than going to the real Sephora, Especially since I'm usually just looking for something fun and nothing specific.  Can't wait to check that out.  I hope you get the job - sounds fun to me!  Assuming you don't accidentally spend all your paycheck on your products ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Retail can be so dangerous!
My best friend was working at Origins, in Macy's and she ended up spending her paycheck every week. hahaha I even was buying more due to her working there and her discount. 

Yes spending my paycheck there is my big worry right now lol. I already shopped there all the time without the discount, so I can't imagine how much worse it will be when I AM getting a discount. Luckily, a friend of mine that worked there a few years ago, says that even at the SiJCP they give you a lot of gratis. So hopefully that will feed my addiction just enough, so that I can keep some of my paycheck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybe you should work at SIJCP just part time for he discount and gt another part time restaurant job where you can make more money.

Congrats that is an awesome job!

I have a full time office job but have often thought about working at Sephora on weekends just for fun :)

I don't often visit Sephora inside JCP, however sometimes when I go to the mall I park by JCP and walk through to get in to the mall.  Of course I stop by the JCP Sephora for a quick look.  I have noticed that the sales people there are super friendly.  They seem a little imposing, but that is probably just from instruction of their manager.  I have noticed that the Sephora inside JCP can carry a few different things to the freestanding stores.  For instance, I needed to buy someone a Britney Spears perfume that was not carried at a free standing Sephora store, but they did carry that line in the JCP Sephora.

Good luck with the new job!

I love my sephora in jcp!!! Went over the weekend everybody was really nice. Congrats on the job!

Originally Posted by sararuthie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes spending my paycheck there is my big worry right now lol. I already shopped there all the time without the discount, so I can't imagine how much worse it will be when I AM getting a discount. Luckily, a friend of mine that worked there a few years ago, says that even at the SiJCP they give you a lot of gratis. So hopefully that will feed my addiction just enough, so that I can keep some of my paycheck
smile.gif
Didn't even think about that - if they want you to know the products they better be forcing you to try them.  Although I bet most of us would beg.

i have only been in a SiJCP a couple times and they seemed to have less product selection. so i decided to just go to the freestanding store (they are in the same mall for me). good luck in your new position!

Latest posts

Back