Sephora VIB sale, you getting anything?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never even found out about this, and have been a VIB for years. I tried to change my contact info for regular Sephora, they never forwarded the VIB stuff. They said they'd fix it when I complained last month, and they never did. I contacted them twice about how disappointed I am with their value and customer service of late. They spat back some garbage about "how they're improving their website." Not knowing about this sample bag, which included my favorite BB cream (and I could have stopped into Sephora so easily today), is pretty much the last straw. The VIB event last spring had that lousy tote bag and nothing else, and when they are finally acting normally, apparently I'm not worth their f'ing time. I have spent thousands of dollars with them over the years, and they treat me like cr*p. 

Has anyone had any success in dealing with these people? I am so livid.

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never even found out about this, and have been a VIB for years. I tried to change my contact info for regular Sephora, they never forwarded the VIB stuff. They said they'd fix it when I complained last month, and they never did. I contacted them twice about how disappointed I am with their value and customer service of late. They spat back some garbage about "how they're improving their website." Not knowing about this sample bag, which included my favorite BB cream (and I could have stopped into Sephora so easily today), is pretty much the last straw. The VIB event last spring had that lousy tote bag and nothing else, and when they are finally acting normally, apparently I'm not worth their f'ing time. I have spent thousands of dollars with them over the years, and they treat me like cr*p. 

I think it depends on the rep you get. I've had some that were great and helped me beyond what I was asking, and others that sucked.

The one that made me livid and stop ordering for a year was when they changed the info on the site, downgraded my ordered items and charged me the same. My email confirmation reflected what I had actually ordered and their system didn't, I was outight called a liar by the customer service rep. Even after I offered to send her screen shots and told her how to see what WAS on the website by using google cache. But I digress. . .

Keep calling them until they get your sorted, but first make sure your spam filter isn't acting up and save them in your address book. Some servers (if it's work) will block the email before yours even has a chance to decide if it's spam or not, so they could very well be sending them. Though with as many people having the same issue, I doubt it.

So much for not spending money during Lent.

I focused on skin care, since nothing I seem to do works I'm going a whole different route.

Ole Henriksen Seven Skincare Sensations

Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial (which does not smell as bad as the reviews say it does!)

AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel

Murad Acne Spot Treatment

MUFE HD Microfinish Powder

MUFE Mat Velvet Foundation

Hoping this works!

Thanks Lecha! Good advice.

It's gmail, accessed from home, and they're in my address book, so I guess that's not the problem. I just keep getting form message after form message and they don't fix the problem.

I may write a hard copy letter to someone who is an executive in their customer service department in their corporate office on my letterhead with documentation, then follow up with phone calls. Or of course I could start a "sephora's customer service sucks" blog ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

NP

If you want my BB cream sample, I can send it to you. I have no use for it.

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bought my final sale items online:

Dior Heated Eyelash Curler

Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix

Hourglass lipstick in Icon

Hourglass lipstick in Ballet

LolaB, that would be amazing--will PM you and see if there's anything I can send in trade. I have the PTR gel from the Teen vogue BB unopened if that's any use for you/

I am supposed to be on a no-buy.  I am awful.  I went last Thursday and got the Pantone Prisma Chrome Blush, Pantone Eyeliners, and a mini TokiDoki palette.  Also got my sister a lipstick.  My store apparently did not have the gift bags at all.  They gave me a tote bag.  I really wanted the sample bag, but it's ok- Sephora does enough specials with samples and things that I'm not mad about it.  (And it isn't like I NEED any more samples anyway, or really any of the stuff I bought, for that matter.)  *No-Buy reset for the month of April!*

Online:

Nails Inc.-Notting Hill Gate

Nail Inc.-Haymarket

Tarte Lipsurgence Matte-Hope

Hello Kitty Blotting Papers

Tokidoki Mints

I'm not a VIB, but I got the card in the mail for the regular Insider sale. I went to my actual store today and didn't buy anything!

I just feel like our actual store is weird, and they don't have much in stock. I feel like A LOT of the special sets and things are just totally not even in there. Their Sephora Favorites area was totally stripped bare!

It's nice to see things in person to try them and look at the size, but i prefer to buy on the website. With the samples and promo codes, it ends up being a way better deal for me.

I caved in and bought a few things:

For me:

Birthday Present for my cousin:

Birthday Present for a close friend:

Technically I didnt break my no buy because I bought the wax kit since I was the last drops of my current stuff, and the rest wasnt for me... so Im still good thru Sunday!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I wont be around this weekend, so I hope everyone has a great weekend and holiday.

I really WANT to buy something, but don't know what to get.  The last couple times they've had sales I ended up buying nothing, and I'd really like to take advantage of this one, but there's nothing that I'm DYING to have.  Right now in my cart I have:

DiorShow mascara in Mitzah

Billionaire Boyfriend Pulse Point Oil

MUFE Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in #9 Copper Pink

But I'm not super excited about any of it...I want to be jazzed to be getting my box in the mail and so far I can't find anything.  I suppose that shold tell me that I really don't need/want anything and just shouldn't spend the money.   

Look at something outside your comfort zone... try a new color lipstick or formula - a sale like this is rare and if you can afford it - be daring. 

Try Illamasqua's lipstick - I hear their tint is amazing.

Did you want to experiment with an eye color?  Try a new palette that wont break the bank... or pick up a sephora collection where you can try a lot of their goodies out.

Originally Posted by Rebbierae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really WANT to buy something, but don't know what to get.  The last couple times they've had sales I ended up buying nothing, and I'd really like to take advantage of this one, but there's nothing that I'm DYING to have.  Right now in my cart I have:

But I'm not super excited about any of it...I want to be jazzed to be getting my box in the mail and so far I can't find anything.  I suppose that shold tell me that I really don't need/want anything and just shouldn't spend the money.   

Originally Posted by Rebbierae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried any of the YSL Glossy Stains?

I haven't Leti--are they awesome?  I'll have to check them out.  For my lips I never like to go TOO bright--more of a my lips but better, but I'm always searching for the perfect (not too bright) coral color, or my perfect pink.  Those two colors have been elusive to me. 

I only have 1, but I like it. Quite a few people have mentioned they find them drying, but for me it isn't.

I got cologne for DS, Goh Ken Do (i think thats the brand name) Cleansing Water that I wanted to try during F&F but they were sold out, Dior brow pencil. I am a sucker for any promo 15% or more.

Back