September 11th 2001 - Six Years Ago Today

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on my way to work when it happened.Stern was on the radio as it was happening.When I got to work,people were still gambling as if nothing were happening.
frown.gif

I was a freshman and riding the school bus about 7:30am Pacific time, I heard some stuff on the radio, but it wasn't really clear. Then when I got to school they sat us down in the gym and we watched it for a while. It was so sad. Everyone around me was freaked out for months.

I was in Anthropology class. My professor got a call, so she left the room. She came back all frantic, with tears in her eyes. She had family the worked in the trade center. I just remember her saying she was dismissing us because of a tragedy at the trade center, and to go home and hug the people that matter to us the most. I called my mom right away, and she was balling. Of course I insisted on driving an hour to get home, and I was a mess driving. I was literally shaking.

I used to go to college in downtown Brooklyn and on that day i was trying to get to my class. When we were in the train and just standing there all i could think about is i am gonna be late for my class since i didn't know what happened. i heard some rumors but they were diffrent ones. so when i went to college it was closed and i had no way of getting home because trains weren't riding and there is was a lot of people. i still didn't know what happened. only when did i get home i learned what happened and i just didn't believe it i thought its some kind of prank because i just came down from there. The irony of it all i would have been there if it would have happened two weeks earlier. My mom is still thinking about that.

My heart goes to all those who have lost a love one, a friend, a family because its the day that no one will ever forget. Everytime i pass a ground zero i still think it was just a dream and nothing really happened. but it did happen and its a really sad part. RIP.

I was at work and saw the story come up on my news page online. I was in shock. My heart was breaking for everyone involved. I was angry that people going to work, going on trips and doing their jobs had their precious lives stolen from them. I will never forget that day.

I can't believe there are people who are protesting the yearly memorials of this day. Americans and everyone in every other country in the world needs to always remember this day. We need to remember the kind of horrific people who kill in the name of their religion. 9/11 is why we can NEVER stop going after radical Islam. They WILL kill themselves so they can kill innocent people. We need to kill them first.

I was actually asleep that morning when my phone started ringing off the hook with all my friends and family asking if my Army unit was being activated. I had no idea what was goin on. I went to get my daughter ( who was 3 months old at the time) outta her crib and turned on the TV, and swore I was watching a movie. I changed the channel, and changed the channel, but it was everywhere. It was so surreal. I spent the rest of my morning craddling my daughter and crying before I went to go report to my army unit for briefings. R.I.P to all who lost their lives that day, and also my fellow servicemembers who lost theirs overseas.

I was in Toronto attending my brothers wedding. I was suppose to fly home on September 11th. My bags were packed and I planned on leaving for the airport in a few hours. Everyone slept in that morning so we didn't have the radio or tv on. I decided to watch tv and saw the news about NYC. At first it didn't seem real, I thought it was a twisted horror movie and then I realized this is really happening. I felt sick to the stomach and in shock. My aunt was also leaving that day to go home. She can be snotty and was all ticked off that she wasn't able to fly home. It really upset me, I said innocent people are injured and dying and your just angry that the airports are shut down, unable to go home. I didn't speak to her for the rest of the day.

Horrible tragedy.
frown.gif
RIP to all those who passed away.

I just wanted to remind everyone that the people that did this to our country are not evil people -- they, as a group, don't do it because they hate Americans per se, they do it for other purposes. They believe that what they are doing is just, and for that, you can't blame them. In a lot of cases, even individuals who commit murder do it for reasons other than "just wanting to kill someone". This happened in years prior to 2001, and it still goes on today.

I do not believe the terrorists who committed the acts personally are evil people at all. I do not have a fondness for them, but I try to understand where they are coming from in wanting to do this. I don't think I will ever understand, though.

Solimar, you have such an amazing outlook on this. To have been so close and to not hate these people as evil is really impressive. Awe-inspiring, really. I am so sorry that you were so personally affected and I'm glad that you were not yet in the building. I can't imagine what you went through, but I'm glad you were able to share a bit with us.

I remember that morning, I was dropping my son off at daycare and the babysitter said "there's going to be world war III", then told me what happened, and I stared in disbelief at her television screen and what was unfolding. Of course, it didn't lead to another war, but bad enough...

As soon as I got to work at a nearby restaurant, everyone was crowded around the television. I was absolutely in shock for days...

Just an interesting question: has anyone seen loose change movie? If you have a spare 1hr 1/2 it's worth watching. Not for not against

Rest in Peace

Members of radical Islam (not all Muslims) call Americans and all others that stand up against their insanity, infidels. The definition of an infidel is someone who will not conform to his or her religion. If you are not willing embrace their religion (the way they interpret it) then you must die. That is what they think is "just".

I DO blame them. They are insane! Over 3,000 Americans would still be alive if these scumbags hadn't stolen their lives. They kidnap innocent people and chop their heads off. They blow people up with bombs. There is no logic to what drives them. They are twisting their religion around to justify their murderous ways.

I was woken up by a phone call from my Mom screaming that the World was ending. I turned on the TV just as the second plane hit. It didn't seem real...like a scene from a movie. I had a doctor appt. that day and everywhere I went people looked like zombies. No one knew what was going to happen or where they would hit next.

I worked at Wet Seal in the Mall and I was supposed to go to work. But everything closed down. The malls, the shops, bridges...everything. I just remember watching on TV and seeing all those flyers posted of missing family members.....it still seems surreal.

My heart really goes out to anyone who lost someone or was affected by the attacks. It will certaintly be a day I will never forget.

I was a freshman when it happened, and living in Arizona, I knew nothing about the twin towers or what they meant to NY or anything. I honestly thought it was just a plane crash...until the second plane hit and i knew something wasn't right. Well, obviously it was a big deal since every channel was airing the footage, but i just didn't understand it all. By the next day I knew what had happened and why it was a big deal though. I felt so helpless because I just wanted to make everything better for everyone who was affected, but I couldn't. I'll never forget how much I learned about EVERYTHING because of that day. My eyes were definately opened.

Rest In Peace..

Back