September 11th 2001 - Six Years Ago Today

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought a little memorial thread would be appropriate!

I first heard about the attacks when I went home from school during a free class that morning . . . bawled my eyes out watching it all happen on TV. My mom was crying too. I went back to school an hour later and discussed it with everyone in my history class. I spenr the next month or so watching CNN non stop.

RIP to all who died that day
frown.gif

RIP...i seen the smoke in the air...i went to school in downtown brooklyn which is near manhattan (10 min away on the subway) the site of the attacks

My daughter was home sick from preschool - with head lice of all things. We were driving home from the drugstore, where we had picked up stuff to get rid of them, when I turned on the radio and it was just as the second plane it.

I've never felt so much fear and grief as I did that day. I cried for a week straight. I pray I, or anyone else, has to experience anything like that again.

RIP. It was a weird day for me, i was stranded in the city for 6 hrs confused about everything it took me atleast two days to fully understand what happened.

I was home sick so I saw it all on television that day. I felt numb by the time I went to bed.

I was going to the WTC when the attacks happened. I was right across the street. I didn't know what was going on, and I was so scared. I will never forget people jumping out of the windows or the buildings collapsing -- it was like a huge piece of my life was ripped away. The city is not the same to me. I lost a lot of family and friends, and so did my friends. Such a horrible day -- I can't even think about it without crying.

Thank you for the thread, personally, it means a lot to me.Canada and England were so amazing to us during this time...flying our flag and playing our national anthem. All of you guys rule <3 Thanks.

i was in french class when it happened, ill never forget, and we didnt fully realise what was going on and our teacher made us listen with him to the radio all class. we were shocked, i was lucky none of my family in ny was in the city, my heart goes out to the victims, their families and the rest of a country scarred by needless voilence. R.I.P and a whole lot of thanks must go to those who risked their lives to help others.

I was living in Florida, and my mom called me at work about it... No, I was on my way to work! Definitely a sad day, but I have to try to remain happy since it's Kylie's birthday... At little hard to "avoid" it when you've living in NY though
frown.gif

R.I.P. to everyone we lost, and my prayers are still with those who lost a loved one
hug.gif

In Finland it was already afternoon at that time. I was watcing tv with my mom, but suddenly the programme was stopped and they started airing news istead.

When they showed footage of the planes hitting WTC towers I felt really numb and anxious. I kept thinking if that really happened for real... I watched the news for the whole night. When I went to sleep I really prayed for all those people affected by the attack. It's so sad that so many innocent people had to die on that day.
frown.gif

I was just leaving a university philosophy class....turned on the radio and though they were describing a scene from a new movie. I spent lunch hour, and after my next class watching CNN

We went on a security lockdown
frown.gif
It sucks living next to not only so many military bases but also the ANAD where they burn the nuclear weapons. It was so scary. So many people were getting out of our school once they heard the news and just going home.

I was home getting ready for school. Then I see a plane hit a building I was so shocked.I went to school and everybody was leaving.I went home to my friends house.

R.I.P September 11, 2001

I was in 7th grade Homeroom when they teacher's turned on CNN. When I listened to the radio this morning, they had a moment of silence. Even thought I didn't have anyone close to me involved in the 9/11 attacks, I still respected the moment of silence. I barely could hold it together, just thinking about all the other families. I can't stand when people don't respect 9/11 just b/c they weren't personally affected by it.

It happened the semester that I had taken off from school (I was transferring from UNF to USF). My mom called me from her work right after the second plane hit, and I just sat on the floor in front of the tv watching in disbelief as the towers fell.

May God be with everyone affected by September 11, 2001.

It was my Senior year in highschool, I was in my Economics class when my teacher turned on the TV so we called all watch the news. It took me awhile to absorb the whole gravity of the situation. It is a really horrid and tragic day in US history. RIP to all of those who lost their lives....goes to light a candle in their memory*

Yea I remember watching it on the news the whole day in school. Every class I went to we just watched the news. I was scared and it pissed me off to think that someone would do something like that. Since then nothings ever been the same. Todays also my boyfriends sisters b-day. How fun.

It's a day I could never forget even if I tried. I was getting ready to go to work, when the phone rang and a friend of mine told me to turn on the TV. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it seemed so unreal. I was glued to the TV for the rest of the day and cried many times as I tried to absorb what was going on.

I can't even imagine how horrifying it was for anybody living in New York at the time.

I was home that day. I took a break after graduating high school, and it was my day off work so I was just sitting at home. My dad woke me up in the morning telling me what happened, so I saw it all on tv. I couldn't believe it was really happening. It felt almost as if I was still asleep and I was seeing a dream. It was horrifying to watch, especially when people started jumping out the windows and people were running around with bruises on their heads.

RIP to those who lost their lives, and I pray those who lost their loved ones find peace.

I had fallen asleep at my boyfriend's the night before, so I wasn't home when my mom called and left me a message. I remember hearing the phone ring at his place at around 10:30am (well after things had actually happened) and hearing him respond to something his mom was saying about a plane and the Pentagon. I leapt out of bed, ran into the living room, and turned on CNN, then started screaming at the TV when I saw the footage of the planes hitting the buildings. I just kept yelling "why can't you f***ers leave those buildings alone!!!" and crying. I didn't realize, still, that the buildings had collapsed. I called my father & my grandparents to see how they were doing, even though they were all in NJ. I went home and got ready for work (dressed mostly in black) and was about half an hour late. My boss said "oh good, here you are. We were worried about you." and I almost lost it on her. I wanted to scream that I wasn't the one to be worried about, I had so much anger over what I'd seen. I talked to my best friend, who lives in Boston, and we were both in shock. She'd had classes with one of the girls who was on one of the planes. I felt so alone here in CA, like people only kind of understood what I was feeling. It was so far away and abstract to them, I thought, compared with what I felt since I was from the area.

Most of all I felt like a part of my childhood, and a part of my future, had been ripped away. I have great memories of going up to the top of the WTC with my parents. I always loved those buildings. Even though I live in CA now, I always thought that someday when I had children I'd be able to take them up there just as my parents had done with me.

The after-effects were that I couldn't take my final for my summer session class because I couldn't concentrate enough to study. My prof was very understanding. I ended up with PTSD and depression and dropped out of fall quarter of school. I finally started to feel better when I took a choreography class months later. Everything was still with me, but our final was to write a story, then choreograph it, pick out music and a costume, and perform it for the class. I wasn't the only one to dance about what I experienced on September 11th. The whole process was so helpful to me...it really helped me release a lot of the negative emotions I'd been holding onto. Apparently my performance almost had my classmates in tears because I looked like I was about to cry the whole time.

I still get so sad thinking about everything that happened. The first time I saw ground zero (which was after it was all cleaned up), I was recently off a redeye flight and just started crying. It's so hard because I remember how it used to look when we'd change from the Parh to the subway, I remember the newstands and all the really nice people...all gone.

Thank you, Kee, for making this thread. I want to remember instead of the day just seeming like any other day. It doesn't feel right to just go on normally on this day, not yet. I'm glad you gave us a place and a chance to share. May everyone who died as a result of those attacks rest in peace and may those who lost loved ones find some comfort in knowing that we all mourn with them today.

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was going to the WTC when the attacks happened. I was right across the street. I didn't know what was going on, and I was so scared. I will never forget people jumping out of the windows or the buildings collapsing -- it was like a huge piece of my life was ripped away. The city is not the same to me. I lost a lot of family and friends, and so did my friends. Such a horrible day -- I can't even think about it without crying.
Thank you for the thread, personally, it means a lot to me.Canada and England were so amazing to us during this time...flying our flag and playing our national anthem. All of you guys rule <3 Thanks.

I'm so sorry that you were personally affected by this. It was a horrible day. I was getting ready to leave my house when my mom called and told me to turn on the TV. The 2nd tower had just been hit. I never did leave my house and I never turned off the TV. It was the people jumping that affected me the most. I cried most of the day and when I went to work the next day it was eerily quiet in what was usually a very loud Dialysis center.

Latest posts

Back