Sewing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished taking a beginner sewing class and my ultimate goal is to learn to sew myself some vintage clothes I love sweetheart necklines.

Any idea where or who makes these kind of patterns realtively cheap?

Also what patterns seem to be the most difficult to sew for you all?

sew amazing do you have any pictures of your 90 minute dress. I wished I lived near you!

Originally Posted by teb I just finished taking a beginner sewing class and my ultimate goal is to learn to sew myself some vintage clothes I love sweetheart necklines.
Any idea where or who makes these kind of patterns realtively cheap?

Also what patterns seem to be the most difficult to sew for you all?

sew amazing do you have any pictures of your 90 minute dress. I wished I lived near you!

Here ya go!http://www.oldpatterns.com/links.html

I don't have a problem with any particular patterns. Sometimes a pattern needs to be modified before I cut it out though. If you're doing a pattern you're not sure about then try doing a muslin mock up! If I'm making something from a pattern for someone else, like pants or a formal gown, I always do a muslin first! I highly recommend doing muslins, it saves so much time!

can you ladies recommend a good machine to learn on. i used to sew when i was younger and want to get back into it again

Originally Posted by stwrynight0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif can you ladies recommend a good machine to learn on. i used to sew when i was younger and want to get back into it again Nowadays, there aren't too many bad machines. What do you want to be able to sew? I think you could do fine with a cheap $100 starter machine from wal mart.

I LOVE the $149 Brother machines from Walmart. I teach beginner sewing and bought a bunch of these!! If not, try to get a used one from a thrift shop or sale by owner. If you actually start to make garments, pillows, panel sheers etc, a machine will pay for itself within six months. Happy sewing! We are here for all your questions if you get stumped on a project.

Back