Sexy Simple Spring Makeup & Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=498 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=25></TD><!-- CENTER COLUMN --><TD width=405><SPACER border="0" height="1" width="405" type="block"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=405 border=0><!-- CHANNEL LOGO & HEADER GRPHIC--><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
lips_intro.gif
<TD><TD width=10>
t.gif
</TD><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=10></TD></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Sexy Simple Spring Makeup and Hair

BY DIDI GLUCK

(PHOTO: TODD HUFFMAN)

From shiny pink lips at Celine to azure eyes at Chanel, spring runways were awash with gorgeous new looks. Here, how to <!--Pos Off --><!-- V/5 generated DART tag v2.1 --><!-- sstype=other --><!--DART params(7|434727|/mags/marieclaire/beauty/skin/articles:615824)--><!-- End DART Tag -->recreate the season's top makeup and hair trends at home.

<!--88x31 dart begin--><!--88x31 dart end--></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>
t.gif
</TD></TR><!-- START OF ARTICLE BODY --><TR><TD vAlign=center>

lash_main.gif
<TD><TD width=10>
t.gif
</TD><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=10></TD></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The Lush Lash

(PHOTO: TODD HUFFMAN)

Longer-than-life lashes stood out at Peter Som (above) and Dior by John Galliano -- where makeup artists used fakes to create the effect.

Tip: For a thick, plush appearance without fake lashes, curl your lashes and apply one coat of volumizing mascara. Then, dip a Q-tip in loose powder and dab it onto still-wet lashes before applying a second coat of mascara.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=100 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
Lashes_Product_A.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MC recommends: Sephora Volume Mascara (left).

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

bronze_main.gif
<TD><TD width=10>
t.gif
</TD><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=10></TD></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Bronzed Skin

(PHOTO: DAN LECCA)

Inspired by the "raw, earthy fabrics and beading " in Donna Karan's spring collection, makeup artist Pat McGrath doused the models in the designer's show in bronzer, applying it to faces and chests (as shown here). To make the effect more luminous, she added shimmery copper eye shadow all the way around the eye.

At-home tip: McGrath warns that such a dramatically bronzed look works best on fashion runways. For a more natural, everyday feel, try pairing a sheer bronze luminizer with a basic brown eye shadow that doesn't contrast too noticeably with your skin tone.

MC recommends: Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer 3 and Sheer Bronzer 1.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://i.ivillage.com/marieclaire/beauty/skin/spring_makeup/hair_main.gif <TD><TD width=10>http://magazines.ivillage.com/i/t.gif</TD><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=10></TD></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dream Curls

Lose the flatiron! At Missoni (above), DKNY and Tom Ford for YSL Rive Gauche, hair was wild and wavy. To achieve the effect at DKNY, stylist Jimmy Paul dampened wide sections of hair with Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, braided from the ear down, then used a diffuser. When the hair was dry, Paul undid the braids, exposing a ripple effect.

Tip: Minimal volume at the roots is the right way to wear waves now, says Paul. For best results, style the rest of your hair first, then finish by (lightly) smoothing the area around your part with a shine serum (try Halo Shine Therapy).

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=100 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>http://a820.g.akamai.net/f/820/822/1d/i.ivillage.com/marieclaire/beauty/skin/spring_makeup/Hair_Product_A.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Embellish waves with a chic accessory -- flowers and feathers look modern now.

MC recommends: Frédéric Fekkai hair pin (left).

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://i.ivillage.com/marieclaire/beauty/skin/spring_makeup/updo_main.gif <TD><TD width=10>http://magazines.ivillage.com/i/t.gif</TD><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=10></TD></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Undone Updos

"Novelty in hair is driven by fashion," says hair guru Frédéric Fekkai. "This season, the clothing was light, colorful and free, so we saw a lot of fun updos, which really complemented the clothing."

At-home tip: Updos work best on unwashed hair, which holds better because it's been layered with styling products. Try twisting a section of hair around the base of a ponytail to secure. Or use bobby pins to create a bun, allowing a few tendrils to spring free. And for a casual, rather than overly styled outcome, rake your fingers -- not a brush -- through your hair when creating a tousled updo.

MC recommends: Physique Precision Wax.

lash_main.gif

I like this look... but I would've kept the bottom lashes with minimal mascara (if any) It's too spider-y with all those clumps on the bottom... and maybe a tad darker on the lips (looks a little corpse-like
icon_redface.gif
) Other than that... I like it... nice shadow & blush colors...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I like this look... but I would've kept the bottom lashes with minimal mascara (if any) It's too spider-y with all those clumps on the bottom... UK "Elle" magazine said that spidery clumpy lashes are supposed to be coming back, I'm not convinced personally. It reminds me of how people did their make-up in the 80s, what does everyone else think?

I agree with you about the lower lashes otherwise I really like the look. Using the powder in between coats is an interesting tip.

I'm not feeling the volume on this, but love the soft waves.

hair_main.gif
<TD><TD width=10>

</TD><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=10></TD></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by Diane Tip: For a thick, plush appearance without fake lashes, curl your lashes and apply one coat of volumizing mascara. Then, dip a Q-tip in loose powder and dab it onto still-wet lashes before applying a second coat of mascara. I am LOVING this tip.. Gonna try it the next time i'm going out with the girls. I don't think i'd do it for everyday wear though!

I would love to wear my hair like this but I don't think that it would look right.

hair_main.gif

Originally Posted by LotusGlamGirl In an Allure magazine (kind of an old issue), a make-up artist said to use old mascara and apply a few coats to get that that sexy look or something lol. I guess the clumpy lashes makes you look sexy?
confused.gif
lol... OMG... some girl that was getting her nails done @ the salon when I went had SUPER clumpy lashes!!! Holy cow... this girl must have litterally did 10 coats and left it - It looked like 2 tarantulas on her eyes!

Originally Posted by keaLoha The more I look @ this, the more I realize I'm too low-maintenance.
eek.gif
LOL! Yeah really! Mee too! i have so much stuff - yet I come out looking 'natural' everytime!!! WHAT GIVES!?!?!
tongue.gif

I know! I think the only thing most women would do is the first photo. I don't know many who'd get up 2 hours earlier to create this for work. But then again.... LOL!

Originally Posted by keaLoha I know! I think the only thing most women would do is the first photo. I don't know many who'd get up 2 hours earlier to create this for work. But then again.... LOL! I've gotten so lazy in the mornings I'm lucky to even get dressed! LOL
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha I know, I'm still in my PJs & it's pushing 8 am.
icon_redface.gif
I am in my pj's still and its almost 1pm.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by LotusGlamGirl In an Allure magazine (kind of an old issue), a make-up artist said to use old mascara and apply a few coats to get that that sexy look or something lol. I guess the clumpy lashes makes you look sexy?
confused.gif
lol... Maybe they are going for the bedroom eye look. Who knows!

Latest posts

Back