Shadow palettes w/ 6 month expiration

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going thru my makeup and getting rid of whatever is past exp. I have to ditch my tarte true blood, since it has an expiration icon that indicates 6 mos. I have had it for a little over a yr. what really horrified me, was when I saw the same 6 month icon on my naked palette. I purchased mine last yr. did you all know they have such a short shelf life? Does everyone toss after 6 mos, as recommended? It just seems like such a short time to use the product. From now on, I'll think twice before purchasing another palette if I'm not in need.

I've had mine for a year and it's fine. I think maybe they put a short one theirs to get people to replace it sooner since it is $50.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! DON'T THROW IT OUT SEND IT TO ME I'LL STILL USE IT!

LOL! No really, don't throw it out. That expiration is total b.s. Powders don't go bad ever. If you are concerned about contamination, either find a very good mist bottle (fine even spray) and fill it with alcohol and spray your palette. It dries super quick and kills all the germs, molds, bacteria, etc. Or if you can't find a decent mist bottle, you could do it my way, I put the alcohol on cotton pads and gently press into each section of a palette to sanitize.

Oh, I think the true blood palette comes with glosses/lip products? Don't do this to those products and they are the ones that might go bad in 6 months after use. You can't really sanitize cream products very well unless they are in stick/pencil form. Pencils you just sharpen to get rid of old contaminated product and lipsticks you dip into alcohol. Liquids can't be sanitized, just throw out old mascara, or gloss, etc.

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going thru my makeup and getting rid of whatever is past exp. I have to ditch my tarte true blood, since it has an expiration icon that indicates 6 mos. I have had it for a little over a yr. what really horrified me, was when I saw the same 6 month icon on my naked palette. I purchased mine last yr.

did you all know they have such a short shelf life? Does everyone toss after 6 mos, as recommended? It just seems like such a short time to use the product. From now on, I'll think twice before purchasing another palette if I'm not in need.
Maybe it was because the mascara and primer.  I thought the mascara in that palette was too dried out when I first opened it.  I can't imagine throwing that out after 6 months!  I've had it for almost a year and barely made a dent in the shadows!

Latest posts

Back