Shampoo and conditoner for color treat hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What shampoo and conditioner do you use for color-treated hair that wont make the color fade?

I use John Frieda Brilliant Brunette (also for blondes and redheads) and I also use the John Frieda Luminous Color glaze after shampoo and conditioning my hair to help keep the color longer.

I've heard lots of good things about John Frieda products, but I haven't used them myself.

Redken is the best for me but if you can find a salon that carries "Pravana" - it is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!!! Pravana is all sulfate-free shampoo/cond that will not harm color. So the whole line is color-safe. Also Pureology is the same way too.

Originally Posted by Manda /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use John Frieda Brilliant Brunette (also for blondes and redheads) and I also use the John Frieda Luminous Color glaze after shampoo and conditioning my hair to help keep the color longer. Yup, I use John Frieda too. I love it! I bought it just to try it out, and I got GREAT results. It just made my hair VERY shiny, and it brought out my color so much more. =)

I am using Redken for color treated hair right now, haven't really used it long enough to tell yet, but so far so good!

John Frieda Sheer Blonde products are the best! I use the shampoo, conditioner, Dream Cream, Spotlight Detangler and spray wax. This line of products are the best I've used since going blonde.

I use Redken shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. I really like it.
smile.gif

Look for products not containing sodium laureth sulphate, sodium lauryl sulphate, ammonium laureth sluphate, or ammonium lauryl sulphate. These are great cleansers, but can really strip color from hair.

I also have used Redken Color Extend. I dyed my hair jet black and it worked good in preserving the color.

When my hair was color treated, John Frieda Radiant Red and Brilliant Brunette (my hair was a mix) keep me vibrant and shiny for a long time. I only stopped using them because I stopped coloring my hair.

Originally Posted by EriEll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Look for products not containing sodium laureth sulphate, sodium lauryl sulphate, ammonium laureth sluphate, or ammonium lauryl sulphate. These are great cleansers, but can really strip color from hair. I've heard this too and have switched to sulfate-free products.

Redken shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair.

I have also heard about sulfate free products. I know some health food stores carry sulfate free hair products. I may check it out.

Latest posts

Back