Sharing notes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
now that i'm back at uni, there's work to do. and each year it's the same thing : we have a certain amount of classes, spot what friends took the same as us and reunite together. for some more important classes we have tutorials, and basically this year i'm gonna study lots of judgements and write essays on some of them. for that, your spend some time searching in all the magazines the reviews the professionnals wrote about them.

well we already had all the references on what judgements we'd have to work on in one class, so i decided this afternoon to spend some time at the library and do some search.

i was supposed to show (again) a friend how to do a search on the websites and print directly the articles from the internet. he sent me a message on my phone telling me he was going home and didn't find anything. ok for me.

BUT. during the past two years, i have always been the one spending time at the library, doing the search and then share with the friends what i found. i'm not flawless and sometimes they found stuff i didn't find. but they never shared as wholefully as i did(like keeping for themselves THE key article once), and more often it's been me sharing stuff instead of them sharing stuff with me. and even in agony i'd still go to my classes instead of staying at home, so i don't really need their notes either if i'm sick. which happens rarely btw.

so i just don't think it's fair for me to do that, and frankly i learned all by myself how to search in those complicated references. if i can do it, you can. i'm no genius. i have also to pass all my classes this year, i cannot afford to loose one more year. more than that, i have to kick ass and get some distinction. that's why i gave up on part time job, on japanese lessons, and even for sport it's gotten complicated.

but in the same time, not sharing it with my friends, i feel like a total *****. i'm so bookwormy and solitary that i don't have many friends, and i always fear since i've been little to be left alone.

so what do i do? should i lie and tell them i didn't find anything either ? or just tell them to go to hell ?

Why don't you try showing your friend how to find the information. If that doesn't work, then I would tell them that you value their friendship but you don't think its fair that you do most of the work.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why don't you try showing your friend how to find the information. If that doesn't work, then I would tell them that you value their friendship but you don't think its fair that you do most of the work. GMTA!

Why not just give them the address of the site. Then it will be up to them to actually go there, read and research.

Good luck with school!

Latest posts

Back