Shea Terra

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are...! I'm a huge fan of basic shea butters or yummy smelling body butters as in food, not so much perfume. I love to slather them on and layer a perfume on top that'll complement. If it smells edible..I'm wanting it!

On another note, I used the Shea Terra Rose Hips and Black soap again last night, skipping a day between use and applied my Trilogy Rose Hips oil immediately after doing the mask/massage thing and no stinging! I'm going to keep it up and use my oils before other facial moisturizers and see how it goes. If it works and I see results..I'm definitely jumping on the black soap band wagon!
Yay! Glad to hear that technique worked out for you!

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! Glad to hear that technique worked out for you!
Thank you thank you thank you! 
claps.gif
     cannot wait to keep this up and see what kind of results I get. 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm like actually salivating at those body butters. They sound so delish!
They are...! I'm a huge fan of basic shea butters or yummy smelling body butters as in food, not so much perfume. I love to slather them on and layer a perfume on top that'll complement. If it smells edible..I'm wanting it!

On another note, I used the Shea Terra Rose Hips and Black soap again last night, skipping a day between use and applied my Trilogy Rose Hips oil immediately after doing the mask/massage thing and no stinging! I'm going to keep it up and use my oils before other facial moisturizers and see how it goes. If it works and I see results..I'm definitely jumping on the black soap band wagon!

You sound like me, lol...I love edible scents, I think that's why I'm so drawn to vanilla fragrances. Can't wait to use this vanilla butter with my Lavanila perfumes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You sound like me, lol...I love edible scents, I think that's why I'm so drawn to vanilla fragrances. Can't wait to use this vanilla butter with my Lavanila perfumes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Absolutely! I'm a sucker for foody smells. It triggers so many great memories..vanilla is a staple for me! It sends me back to little tyke days, making sugar cookies and treats during the holidays with my mama or G'ma. 

Just got my order! I took a pic but can't post it from my phone. The samples are super generous in size...the Wild Sage and Cinnamon Bar smells kind of like a really strong snickerdoodle but yummy, the Calming Baby Bar is shea butter but I almost smell a slight hint of Sandalwood, which could be incorrect but I love Sandalwood so that would be cool, and not sure how to describe the Black Seed and Propolis. Whipped Minis: The Menthe Caramom smells more spearmint-y and not as cardomom-y, mango is super sweet smelling and doesn't smell like mango to me, but I have not tried them on yet so early to tell. The Gingered Pumpkin...smells amazing!! The Bourbon Vanilla smells exactly as it sounds. The Premium Dark Chocolate looks and smells EXACTLY like brownie batter...I want to eat it. It made my mouth water...I think the need a shea whipper that smells like this. I mean this stuff smells incredible!! Now, am excited and off to wash my face with the Rose Hips Face Wash.

So a question...I was careful with the Wash because of some of my allergies but really scrubbed around my nose...does anyone else find that the soap has an odd smell...like smoke? I know it comes from volcanic ash, but did anyone else notice that smell? Btw, I tried the chocolate scrub on my hands and it was really wonderful...I put some shea whipper on after and my hands feel great. I think this will be a must in the Fall. Besides, who doesn't want to go to bed smelling like a baked good? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So a question...I was careful with the Wash because of some of my allergies but really scrubbed around my nose...does anyone else find that the soap has an odd smell...like smoke? I know it comes from volcanic ash, but did anyone else notice that smell?
Looks and smells like burnt motor oil to me. The good news is that it works amazing and the smell doesn't seem to stick.

Looks and smells like burnt motor oil to me. The good news is that it works amazing and the smell doesn't seem to stick.
Okay thanks!! Good to know it wasn't just me! I tried to leave it on as a "mask" around the center of my face but it wouldn't stay...was running down my face...maybe because it was still warm from sitting in the hot mailbox for much of the day. I wonder how long it will take to show good results?!

I found I have to start with a dry face or else it slides because it is so liquid. I only use a tiny bit though and I saw a difference in just a few uses. My skin is softer and my pores are much cleaner without having to use abrasive methods that usually irritate my skin.

Okay so, maybe an odd question...for the ones that have been using the cleanser for a bit now...I am starting to notice a difference in my blackheads after just a few uses, but did u find that it cleaned out the blackheads and then left "empty pores" for a few days until they start appearing smaller?

I only have one complaint about most of their products - it makes me hungry! LOL The White Chocolate Shea Butter and the Banana & Baobabs always, always make me crave something to sweet to eat when ever I use either item even if I wasn't hungry before using the items. Other than that I love the two shea butters I received - one from Glossybox (the white chocolate) and the other from Beauty Army (the banana "pudding"). I also have one of the Black Soap and off hand I can't recall which subscription company I got it from though I'm thinking either The Look Bag or Beauty Box 5.

i'm in love with the whipped shea butter, this is legitimately the first time in my life that i want to put on a body lotion! i usually am super lazy about that stuff and my skin never gets suuuuper dry (on my body) anyway.. but i enjoy the whipped creams so much.

i got the marula in my glossybox in june, and want to order a couple of more of the little pots soon. super curious about the banana one... anyhave tried that yet??

The banana is divine! I was at work last night and slathered some up to my elbows and lol, my coworker started sniffing me, asking what I ate. I showed her the little tin and she used a bit. She said the same thing as Zadidoll, it was good and made her crave some sweets, lol.

I only have one complaint about most of their products - it makes me hungry! LOL The White Chocolate Shea Butter and the Banana & Baobabs always, always make me crave something to sweet to eat when ever I use either item even if I wasn't hungry before using the items. Other than that I love the two shea butters I received - one from Glossybox (the white chocolate) and the other from Beauty Army (the banana "pudding"). I also have one of the Black Soap and off hand I can't recall which subscription company I got it from though I'm thinking either The Look Bag or Beauty Box 5.
Then you are REALLY going to want to try the Premium Dark Chocolate Exfoliator...it smells amazing and it made my skin really soft, too!!

Then you are REALLY going to want to try the Premium Dark Chocolate Exfoliator...it smells amazing and it made my skin really soft, too!!
I can only imagine that if I fell asleep after using that, I might drool all over the pillow.

Okay so, maybe an odd question...for the ones that have been using the cleanser for a bit now...I am starting to notice a difference in my blackheads after just a few uses, but did u find that it cleaned out the blackheads and then left "empty pores" for a few days until they start appearing smaller?
I've had that happen to me and it's kind of strange to deal with.  The last thing I want to do is fill up my pores with makeup and gunk them all up again so what I've done is use a cold water splash or run my face under cold water in the shower a bit to close up the pores a little and maybe use a mild toner or acne lotion that is specifically for clearing up pores and problem skin.  It didn't leave my face with all empty pores, but a few here and there, other pores were cleaned out and closed up.  There are some pore tightening products that I'd like to try, but I think once some of your pores are stretched out a bit, they'll most likely never be fully small again, I hope I'm wrong and can find something that will help close up pores for good and make them as small as possible.  Maybe a few of our pores are stretched from repeated blemishes in the same area and or problems trying to extract the problem areas?  Pore strips seemed to do similar things to me sometimes on a few pores.  I've used lavender essential oil a few drops either straight (very strong smelling but it works) or mixed with water as a spritz, lavender is really healing and that seemed to help too.  Good luck and please let us know if you find something that works great!

Has anyone tried the liquid Black Soap from Shea Terra with Lemongrass?  I'm wondering if that helps with the smell, sometimes it's fine for me but other times it's a little overwhelming.  I've mixed lavender oil, 1 or 2 drops into the amount in my hand to help with the overpowering smell when I'm sensitive to it.  It's worth it though even straight up, the Rose Hips version, because it's a miracle product.  I like that it tingles.  It's supposedly actually the ash that is exfoliating and deep cleaning and the tingle means it works to me.  I don't have sensitive skin, though.  Many of my creams or serums with Vitamin C tingle too, so using one of those right after the mask/soap wouldn't be a good idea because both together would be extra tingly and possibly too much for sensitive skin or even me, that's a lot of tingle!

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've had that happen to me and it's kind of strange to deal with.  The last thing I want to do is fill up my pores with makeup and gunk them all up again so what I've done is use a cold water splash or run my face under cold water in the shower a bit to close up the pores a little and maybe use a mild toner or acne lotion that is specifically for clearing up pores and problem skin.  It didn't leave my face with all empty pores, but a few here and there, other pores were cleaned out and closed up.  There are some pore tightening products that I'd like to try, but I think once some of your pores are stretched out a bit, they'll most likely never be fully small again, I hope I'm wrong and can find something that will help close up pores for good and make them as small as possible.  Maybe a few of our pores are stretched from repeated blemishes in the same area and or problems trying to extract the problem areas?  Pore strips seemed to do similar things to me sometimes on a few pores.  I've used lavender essential oil a few drops either straight (very strong smelling but it works) or mixed with water as a spritz, lavender is really healing and that seemed to help too.  Good luck and please let us know if you find something that works great!

Has anyone tried the liquid Black Soap from Shea Terra with Lemongrass?  I'm wondering if that helps with the smell, sometimes it's fine for me but other times it's a little overwhelming.  I've mixed lavender oil, 1 or 2 drops into the amount in my hand to help with the overpowering smell when I'm sensitive to it.  It's worth it though even straight up, the Rose Hips version, because it's a miracle product.  I like that it tingles.  It's supposedly actually the ash that is exfoliating and deep cleaning and the tingle means it works to me.  I don't have sensitive skin, though.  Many of my creams or serums with Vitamin C tingle too, so using one of those right after the mask/soap wouldn't be a good idea because both together would be extra tingly and possibly too much for sensitive skin or even me, that's a lot of tingle!
I purchased the Lemongrass Black Soap - while the smell is nicer than the Rose Hips version, I've found it's much stronger than the Rose Hips wash in that it brings out more of a burning/tingling sensation on my face (I only use the Lemongrass about once a week and the Rose Hips most other days). I do have sensitive skin, though, so you may not notice a difference between the two!

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm in love with the whipped shea butter, this is legitimately the first time in my life that i want to put on a body lotion! i usually am super lazy about that stuff and my skin never gets suuuuper dry (on my body) anyway.. but i enjoy the whipped creams so much.

i got the marula in my glossybox in june, and want to order a couple of more of the little pots soon. super curious about the banana one... anyhave tried that yet??
I loooove it! Smells like ripe bananas...like homemade banana pudding (the kind with vanilla wafers and banana slices and cool whip...)  the banana lip butter is amazing, as well!

When I first started using it, I did notice a bit of that, especially around my nose where I had blackheads and major clogged pores. But when I kept using it every couple of days, my pores stayed clean and appeared much smaller.

Latest posts

Back