Shea Terra

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought since most of us LOVE the black soap I'd start a new thread for the brand!

I just used my black soap and my facial pouf turned brown (it's white) from all the crap and makeup it just pulled out of my pores. Not brown from the color of the soap but from dirt and makeup! GROSS! To think, I thought this whole time that my makeup wipes AND washing my face was getting all that crap out!

I know some of you have ordered some different products from Shea Terra. I'd love to hear some thoughts/reviews on them!

I placed an order yesterday/it shipped today for the full size of the black soap deep pore cleanser, and also the argan and rose serum of youth and argan and green coffee around eye serum. I'm really looking forward to using these products, I'm only 24 but SO SO into antiaging/wrinkle prevention. 

WELP I just realized shea terra is based in Sterling, VA, which is about 45 minutes without traffic from me. I might have to make a visit down there. :p 

I didn't order the full size of the black soap yet but I plan to next month. I am using my sample up first and only once a week so it should last me a good while.

I look forward to reading about their other products too!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WELP I just realized shea terra is based in Sterling, VA, which is about 45 minutes without traffic from me. I might have to make a visit down there. :p 

that's really cool! you should do that! and take lots of pics!

IDK if you guys know this or not, but almost everyday Shea Terra does a shout out giveaway of their products, you just like them on FB and look out for the shout out time!

Got my order today! They sent along two samples with my products--frankincense meditation annoiting bath bar and black seed oil. Will report back with results of these products and the eye serum and serum of youth!

lol Isabel, I just came to report on the scent: YUCK 

haha, they feel good on my face, nothing burned at all, but the eye serum stinks to the high heavens. It wasn't anything I couldn't stand but I definitely wouldn't wear it during the day for fear of smelling. The serum of youth was not bad, it had a little stench, but nothing like the eye serum.

I was afraid of that. 
bowl2.gif

Ive heard good things about the lotion though.

It's sad because I can feel how good it is for my skin but man that stink. I will still use it and see how my skin is in a few weeks, then reevaluate if its worth it, lol. 

Okay so, I am finally getting ready to place my Shea Terra order soon...for those of you that have been using them for awhile...what do you think? I was going to order the Rose Hips soap and a few of the butter (hello Bourbon Vanilla)! Any other suggestions?

I have a Marula Body Butter from Shea Terra that smells like almonds. It's super smooth and rich as well. I also just got their Dark chocolate exfoliating scrub that smells so good I want to eat it. I have only tried that on my hands but it made them baby soft.

I have a Marula Body Butter from Shea Terra that smells like almonds. It's super smooth and rich as well. I also just got their Dark chocolate exfoliating scrub that smells so good I want to eat it. I have only tried that on my hands but it made them baby soft.
Awesome! Then we think kind of alike because I ordered yesterday and that was part of it. I got the Rose Hips Black Soap, Dark Chococlate Exfoliant, and 4 Mini Butters! I was going to order the Marula but decided to try the Menthe Cardamom and Ginger Pumpkin plus the Mango and Bourbon Vanilla. Am excited to try them all!!

Ooo.. Dots, what a score! I love the body butters and the chocolate scrub sounds awesome! So for those of you who've used the Rose and Black soap, do you do the mask routine with it or regular cleanser? I've used it 3x maybe as the mask and like it. I don't see any difference, but I probably need to give it a few weeks.

!

Ooo.. Dots, what a score! I love the body butters and the chocolate scrub sounds awesome! So for those of you who've used the Rose and Black soap, do you do the mask routine with it or regular cleanser? I've used it 3x maybe as the mask and like it. I don't see any difference, but I probably need to give it a few weeks.
Thanks MissLindaJean, I am super excited! I was going to order it all a mongth ago but decided to wait and think about it until I heard more about the Rose Hips Soap. I am really really hoping it works well on me, the area around my nose is getting on my nerves. Lol! I know the ladies that said they used it consistently saw amazing results and their blackheads basically vanished after about four days...I can only hope that works for me!!

I have a Clarisonic and wonder if the combo would be okay to use. I like to use the mask when soaking in the tub and reading lol...me time!

I have a Clarisonic and wonder if the combo would be okay to use. I like to use the mask when soaking in the tub and reading lol...me time!
I remember one of the bloggers (pretty sure it was Pink Sith) said she used it with a Clarisonic and it was not a pretty reaction. On the other hand, I think one of the ladies here said they used it with the Clarisonic without a problem. I think it just depends on the sensitivity of your skin. I have super sensitive skin so probably would not use it with the Clarisonic, but they seem to have lots of face masks which sound amazing for "me time"... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remember one of the bloggers (pretty sure it was Pink Sith) said she used it with a Clarisonic and it was not a pretty reaction. On the other hand, I think one of the ladies here said they used it with the Clarisonic without a problem. I think it just depends on the sensitivity of your skin. I have super sensitive skin so probably would not use it with the Clarisonic, but they seem to have lots of face masks which sound amazing for "me time"...
smile.gif
It was. She said it turned her into "Red Hulk". But she DOES have sensitive skin, so bear that in mind.

Latest posts

Back