Sherri (the View): Nothing Predates Jesus

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Quote:
Sherri "I Don't Know If The World Is Round" Shepherd is at it again! During a discussion on "The View" today about Epicurus and the Greeks, Sherri said that "nothing predates Jesus." So what does B.C. mean then, Sherri? It went a little something like this:

Whoopi: "When he was around there was no Jesus Christ stuff going on."
Stupid Sherri: "They still had Christians back then. They had Christians because they threw them to the lions."
Whoopi: "I think this might predate that."
Sherri: "I don't think anything predates Christians."
Joy: "The Greeks were first. Then the Romans. Then the Christians."
Sherri: "Jesus came first before them, so..."
Whoopi: "Not on paper."

Dlisted | Be Very Afraid

Haha. This cracked me up for some reason.

As a Religionist and a Classicist, this kind of ignorance ticks me off to no end
frown.gif

Originally Posted by MsCuppyCakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I heard the clip this morning on The Adam Corrolla show. Were do we begin?! She is an ignorant moron... how's that for a beginning?
saythat.gif

But seriously, the saddest thing about this is that "normal" people will actually agree with her.

It makes me want to whack her upside the head with my World Mythology book. The big blue heavy one!

I liked Whoopi's response: "Not on paper."

First Sherri Shepherd is so afraid of speaking her viewpoint, that she cannot give a simple yes or no answer to "is the world round". There few things worse than a person who does not have the backbone to stand up for his/her beliefs, no matter how unpopular it is. Even Hasselback has no problems with this (and that is the only thing I like about her.)

I have actually met people who sincerely believe things like this, you'd be surprised how common that is.

Well, I could understand if she was saying that Jesus is God and God always has existed (and always will exist). Because that's what Christianity preaches.

But what she's saying specifically is obviously historically inaccurate. lol.

i say people are free to belive ANYTHING they want no matter how ignorant it may be to some as long as there not rude, disrespectful or hurt others.

Originally Posted by han /img/forum/go_quote.gif i say people are free to belive ANYTHING they want no matter how ignorant it may be to some as long as there not rude, disrespectful or hurt others. Its not about belief its about bad education. I dont believe Sherri is dumb I just think she gets too excited and says dumb things. lol

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow! Who did she(bl)know to get on that show? I don't know but I wish that she wasn't on the show. I used to like her and now she irks me.

I watched her on the show quite a few time, she is sooooo stupid. Maybe someone ought to tell her Jesus was a Jew and a lot of other religions came before Christianity and influenced it/ Every religion has pagan influences. I am sorry religious people get on my nerves/

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't know but I wish that she wasn't on the show. I used to like her and now she irks me. Idk what happened but she totally changed. When she used to guest host she wasnt this big Christian or whatever, now shes saying all these dumb thing. Im not sure why she changed her views like that. I really think Whoopi hates her. lol

Originally Posted by NYchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif I watched her on the show quite a few time, she is sooooo stupid. Maybe someone ought to tell her Jesus was a Jew and a lot of other religions came before Christianity and influenced it/ Every religion has pagan influences. I am sorry religious people get on my nerves/ I agree with you 100%

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Idk what happened but she totally changed. When she used to guest host she wasnt this big Christian or whatever, now shes saying all these dumb thing. Im not sure why she changed her views like that. I really think Whoopi hates her. lol She and Whoopi do not get along. You can totally see that Whoopi just wants to say to her "B*tch...did you just say that?"

^ Yep. I also liked how Whoopi was calmly trying to walk her through it, but of course, imaginary writing on a table with your finger always wins.

lol. you girls make me laugh.

you've pretty much said what I was thinking. What. An. Idiot.

How can you go on national tv and say such stupidity? It baffels the mind

Originally Posted by NYchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif I watched her on the show quite a few time, she is sooooo stupid. Maybe someone ought to tell her Jesus was a Jew and a lot of other religions came before Christianity and influenced it/ Every religion has pagan influences. I am sorry religious people get on my nerves/ Being religious and being ignorant are two very different things. lol. Sherri is ignorant.
I am devoutly religious, btw.

Latest posts

Back