She's almost 29 months old and barely talking...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a friend whose son was the same way...and then all of the sudden, he turned 4 years old and started talking. 10 Years later and he hasn't stopped.

Just let her be. She may never be a big talker...or she just may be waiting for the right thing to talk about. If you worry and stress out, she'll do the same.

Talk with her, read to her, sing to her...and then just let it go. She's fine and as long as you believe that, everything else will fall into place...even if she doesn't become a big talker.
wink.gif

My niece was adopted when she was 30 days old and my sister and her hubby had already adopted a little boy at 3 weeks old, 1 year before. He talked NON-STOP! My niece, however, didn't talk until after she was 2 years old and she hasn't been quiet ever since
smile.gif

I know it's easy for me to say "don't worry" and "relax". I know that's certainly not how you are feeling! Try and take bit of comfort in the fact that her other tests have come back just fine. She probably just doesn't feel the need to talk right now. When she becomes a teenager or even 10, you can look back and remember these precious years of silence
smile.gif

Warmly,

Brandi

Do you do word exercises with her? My son started talking when we started taking the initiative and got him to repeat words we were saying. Between the 3rd and 4th year, you'll be AMAZED at how their vocabulary progresses. I remember wondering if something was wrong with my son when he had just turned 3, and children just 6 months older were putting together sentences quite well. But it really does happen very fast. The difference in a year is amazing.

So try not to worry, and just let time work it all out. All children develop at different rates (which is why I posted on another thread about how I HATE developmental charts because the main purpose it serves is to cause worry in parents), and some children that develop faster physically, have delayed mental capacities only because their effort is on the physical. If she's been tested, then I'm sure everything is fine. 2 1/2 is still pretty young, and I bet you'll be amazed at her progression six months from now.

Latest posts

Back