Shiny Nose!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey......girls...i dont know what wrong with my nose. but....i have tried oil free....shine free foundations.... or 2 way cake. BUT STILL MY NOSE end up shiny. its like....its been polish!!! please...help on how to get a matte look. i cant be doing my touch up every hour.

that must be really frustrating! Do you finish with a translucent powder? I really like Laura Mercier's translucent powder. I use Bare Escentuals prime time which i think really helps, Smashbox also makes a light primer for oily skins. Check it out at smashbox.com
smile.gif
good luck!

I use a product from Sephora made by Cosmedicine. it's a mattifying cream. Can't remember the exact name b/c I dont have it with me but I put it only on my nose before my regular makeup primer and my nose stays matte most of the day. It wasn't cheap but not having to use much, it's worth the price. Only a touchup or 2 of MAC Blot powder if it's a really long and humid day.

Do you use any kind of primer?? I have a bit of a shiny nose at times and when I use a velvety primer it does the trick. I've tried Smashbox Photofinish, DHC velvet skin coat, and Monistat anti chafing, and they've all worked. Then i use a creamy matte finish foundation or mineral makeup and a loose powder. You could also carry blotting papers or blotting powder for touchups.

same here, i have combo skin and the oiliest spot is always my nose. have you try MAC blotting powder (compact version)? it works really well for me by keeping my face & my nose looking matte and it doesn't look cakey. though the color is a bit light. i'm NC25 but i have to get the blotting powder in medium dark. also remember to bring some blotting papers.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a product from Sephora made by Cosmedicine. it's a mattifying cream. Can't remember the exact name b/c I dont have it with me but I put it only on my nose before my regular makeup primer and my nose stays matte most of the day. It wasn't cheap but not having to use much, it's worth the price. Only a touchup or 2 of MAC Blot powder if it's a really long and humid day. Hi,
I heard about that product. It's about US$65.00 right?

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,
I heard about that product. It's about US$65.00 right?

No, it wasn't that much. I looked at mine finally. It's called Medi-matte. It was 40 something at Sephora. A little goes a long way and it works.

Originally Posted by rizzie_x3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif same here, i have combo skin and the oiliest spot is always my nose. have you try MAC blotting powder (compact version)? it works really well for me by keeping my face & my nose looking matte and it doesn't look cakey. though the color is a bit light. i'm NC25 but i have to get the blotting powder in medium dark. also remember to bring some blotting papers.
wink.gif
ditto ! i wonder who gets the light version, i was 30 and i got the medium/dark too.

I'm with you on the shiny but lately it's been my chin that is so shiny. I've tried just about everything. I may have to take a look at the product from Sephora.

I just use those oil blotting sheets when I'm shiny, but that doesnt really help you if you don't want a touch up product.. good luck with the shine!

When you are done putting on your make up, just blot with some oil absorbing wipes. I use clean and clear, and it works like a charm!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back