Shiro Cosmetics general thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On Facebook on December 3rd, she posted:

All orders through November 27 have now been shipped! Black Friday orders will begin going out tomorrow.
So...  I would guess two weeks now.

Boughs of Holly = something I can't remember and spruce. Stuffed Stocking = cinnamon and orange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew, finally home, after running errands after CW!  Completely coincidentally, @ (and ADORABLE kidlet and hubby) just happened to be at the Shiro booth right when I got there a second time to get everyone's goodies and was scrolling through this thread to see who wanted what!  Hugs ensued.  Breaking news:  There will be two more contouring powders -- both cool-toned -- coming soon to the Cheekbones collection.  If they had been event exclusives, I would have grabbed them instantly, but they aren't, so I didn't.  One is green in the jar (I didn't swatch that one), and the other is a purply color in the jar but went in a fairly solidly gray direction when I swatched it.

As for the glosses, Figgy Pudding is very reminiscent of Nic Cage Doing the Charleston in a Bustling Speakeasy.  No shimmer in that one.  Bough of Holly is shimmery red and shimmery green in the tube, but if I recall correctly, it actually didn't have much color when I swatched it.  Sugared Plums is non-shimmery shade -- it's very similar to Red in My Ledger to my eye -- layered with shimmery gold, although the gold almost has an olive tine to it (that could be my lighting, though).  And Stuffed Stocking:  a non-shimmery red layered with shimmery white.  They're all fairly solidly in the same brownish-burgundy family as ...Doing the Charleston and Red in My Ledger.  I haven't opened anything to swatch yet because I need to re-count everything and figure out whether I bought enough to keep a set for myself!  I might have only bought enough for the people who asked me to pick some up for them.

But, unf, Tears of Retail Employees.  Shimmer.  Sparkle.  It was apparently a CotM a couple of years ago.  *So* glad she brought it back for this event.  I found this blog (I'm pretty sure it's Linda as in innocent+twisted alchemy Linda) with swatches (I *did* get enough of that one to keep one for myself, but I haven't swatched it yet):  http://linedayful.blogspot.com/2012/12/122312-shiro-cosmetics.html

(The only exclusive items were ToRE and the four glosses.  The only other gloss they had was Red Wedding.  They had something like four dozen more shadows, the tinted lip balms, and the whole Cheekbones collection, including the upcoming stuff, but since those things were permanent, I skipped them.  Oh, and some pressed shadows and palettes, I think, but since I don't do pressed shadows any more, they just kind of slipped right off my brain.)

@@meaganola, thanks so much for grabbing me those glosses. CANNOT WAIT. Figgy looks like it will be a great MLBB. 

On the whole, I really enjoy Shiro. The formulations are great, plus can't beat the CS. I've had many an email with Caitlin and have always been so pleased with the results. 

My incoming order is the current CoTM (Aurora Borealis) as an opaque gloss :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :O 

Figgy Pudding is a lot more sheer than I was expecting! I'm pretty sure I wore a lipstick in this shade when I was a bridesmaid for an ex-roommate's wedding in 1997 or '98. The bridesmaids dresses were forest green velvet. The wedding was in Aberdeen, birthplace of Nirvana. The groom was a speed metal bassist, and now he's an electrical engineer. Memories and flashbacks, man.

Ugh, SO TORN on what I hope for the COTM to be!  On principle, Ziggy.  It's winter, and that always means I breakout my T.Rex/Bowie/Suzi Quatro/Sweet/_Velvet Goldmine_/etc., plus the 8th is Bowie's 67th birthday.  It feels *right* to celebrate with this shade.  OTOH, purply-silver with holo glitter?  Uh, YES.  The voting does seem to indicate that it's going to be Ziggy unless something radically changes over the next couple of days.  Fingers crossed that Where We're Going We Don't Need Roads comes back for a vote another month!

(As a side note, I was just writing a check to my dad while composing this post, and I almost made it out to Shiro.)

Yaaaay, Ziggy!  Now I just need a second item to hit the order minimum.  Maybe I'll just get a second jar of Ziggy to keep on hand for future gifting purposes.  (And now I need to go work on the Secret Lair and get things a bit more organized so I'll be able to *find* the things I've set aside for future exchanges!  Things went all to hell in December.)

Planning my first Shiro order. I have Ziggy and Hodor in my cart, and I'm also trying to decide which Cage glosses I want. Everything is so pretty!

I am really sad the Back to The Future shade didn't win, because 2015 is the  year in the ~future~ they travel to in Back to The Future II. It's just right. David Bowie isn't going anywhere, let him get a birthday color next year! 

YES, I AM REALLY UPSET :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really sad the Back to The Future shade didn't win, because 2015 is the  year in the ~future~ they travel to in Back to The Future II. It's just right. David Bowie isn't going anywhere, let him get a birthday color next year! 

YES, I AM REALLY UPSET :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
But they travel to *October* 2015, so it's not quite the right time for it!

What's the current TAT with Shiro? I ordered a Nic Cage gloss and the Nic Cage shadow as a late birthday gift for my Nic Cage obsessed friend, (and a Sherlock contour powder for my Sherlock obsessed self) about a few days before Christmas, and I never checked the TAT or anything. 

I'm patiently waiting, but just want a shipping guesstimate, haha. She understands this is a late, late birthday gift lmao. 

She was completely shut down for a week (Jan 1st - 5th), and things just started back up today.  In my experience, she vastly overstates her TAT, so I wouldn't be surprised if it ships in the next week or so.

Back