Shopping for Petites

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread like this, so I'm starting one.
smile.gif

My sister and I are both very petite. I am only 5'1 and lately, I've been having a hard time shopping. Take today, I went out with the mind-set to buy a least 2 tops and some pants, and I go home with some new underwear and that's it. Lol. I am trying to update my waredrobe and look more classic, sophisticated and work-appropriate (though I don't have an office job). I don't want to spend too much, but I want to buy what is good quality.

My question is, where do other petites shop? There is such a lowww option in stores and I am hesitant to shop online because you can't try things on. Sometimes I find a nice piece but it is too small/big and they don't have my size. Other times, nothing in my size is my style. Ahh! It's frustrating. I would love suggestions.

there are tons of stores that carry petite sizes, what kind of clothes are you into

every time i go to the mall almost every store i go into carrys petites 00 and up

There are stores that carry petite sizes, but often that is a small selection or too pricey. Or for more older women.

Well, I myself am only 5'1". I always have a hard time finding pants that will fit right over my tennis shoes. Recently I want to JC Penney's and Mervyns and in the juniors section they have J.Lo's "GLO" brand and those come in short, or long and so does Levi's. Mervyn's also has a very nice business clothing section and those pants are the right length for me. As for tops I just have to get a small in juniors. Since I am almost 30 I wanted to get away from the junior's clothing but it's the only thing that fits me!!

wetseal

charlotte russe

american eagle

ambercrombi

hollister

pacific sunwear

those are just a few

for the classy look you want

bebe and ann taylor loft

they have a WHOLE SECTION dedicated to petites

and i'm petite too

short and slim

Thanks guys. That helps. But yeah, I definitely want to get away from junior clothes but I guess I can't! Lol.

Oh and thanks for the suggestions Han, but those stores aren't my style.

CandRach,

I don't know where in the country you are, but if you are in places that have a (for lack of a better term) *Asian Shopping District*, they will most definitely be able to cater to your needs. Clothes designed in Asia and imported here are cut differently. The armholes are positioned better, and the proportions on jeans are cut exactly how it should fit on a petite frame, not just a scaled down version of *regular* sizing.

I dunno if that helps you, but maybe...

Or, maybe I could do a CP for you??? There is a popular store out here called "Le Vogue" that is exactly as I described above. They are a very inexpensive store, and they have very classy & chic businesswear for young professional women.

Im in the same position but im 5ft 8 and i cant find pants no where near long enough and a lot of tops arms are too short im not sure who there making clothes out there for

suzee

Latest posts

Back