Shopping in my stash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I've been on a no-buy for two months now, and I'll probably be on it until December. I've been just DYING for a new red lipstick, and I've been watching for sales on drugstore lipstick and looking for something cheap that I might like. I ended up going "shopping" in my own stash. I dug around the box looking for something that hadn't worn in a while, and I found the exact red lipstick color that I wanted!! It is Urban Decay Manic Depressive. I'm so happy! And to think that I might have gotten desperate and spent money at MAC when I had exactly what I wanted in my box already.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl So, I've been on a no-buy for two months now, and I'll probably be on it until December. I've been just DYING for a new red lipstick, and I've been watching for sales on drugstore lipstick and looking for something cheap that I might like. I ended up going "shopping" in my own stash. I dug around the box looking for something that hadn't worn in a while, and I found the exact red lipstick color that I wanted!! It is Urban Decay Manic Depressive. I'm so happy! And to think that I might have gotten desperate and spent money at MAC when I had exactly what I wanted in my box already. Hey, I just went through my makeup stash today, as well! I was more trying to organize it and clean up my cabinet, rather than looking for something specific, and I found a ton of stuff that I haven't used for ages, it seems. I have really been trying to save up, since I want so many things from Stila and MAC. I think when you get such a large amount of makeup that you forget what you have, it's good to go through it and rediscover products you haven't worn for a awhile...you get the rush of trying something 'new' for free!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl when I had exactly what I wanted in my box already. I love it when that happens. I've just had a sort out through all of my clothes for Autumn/Winter and then looked throug my train case to try and figure out what MU will work with them (yes, v.sad I know).
I've just rediscovered some Chanel lip inky things, Stila Natalie and Lara lipsticks, and Stila Grace and Viola shadows.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl So, I've been on a no-buy for two months now, and I'll probably be on it until December. I've been just DYING for a new red lipstick, and I've been watching for sales on drugstore lipstick and looking for something cheap that I might like. I ended up going "shopping" in my own stash. I dug around the box looking for something that hadn't worn in a while, and I found the exact red lipstick color that I wanted!! It is Urban Decay Manic Depressive. I'm so happy! And to think that I might have gotten desperate and spent money at MAC when I had exactly what I wanted in my box already. Do Urban Decay still do lipsticks because I can't find them on their site or Sephora?
I used to have a lip gunk palette and my male flat mate got really offended because one of the shades was called Gash.

The lipsticks are DC but you can still buy them on ebay and http://store.girlyjunk.com/urban-decay.html

Some of the names used to be more... wild. I think over the years they've started using names that are more tame. But then again their newest eyeshadow shades are all named after slang terms for marijuana.

You girls have way too much mu if you can't remember what you've got
wink.gif
lol

Originally Posted by girl_geek You girls have way too much mu if you can't remember what you've got
wink.gif
lol Ditto!!! Then again....too much is never enough!

LOL I don't have much either but I always end up discovering something b/c my makeup stash is a MESS!
icon_redface.gif

I actually don't have a whole lot, I just have it all packed into a small box. Yeah, that's it.

Awesome! Glad that you didn't get a duplicate of something that you already have.

Ditto...

Originally Posted by Charmaine That's great! I don't have a big stash, so I can't really shop there
smile.gif

That's cool that you managed to find something in your stash. At least you didn't break your no-buy!!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I actually don't have a whole lot, I just have it all packed into a small box. Yeah, that's it. Well it's nice to finally see pics of your stash on your notepad!!

Originally Posted by eightthirty Well it's nice to finally see pics of your stash on your notepad!! I need to update the pics actually. I've swapped and picked up some new things. And the pics aren't so great anyway.
Nice to see your stash pics too!!

Originally Posted by eightthirty Ditto!!! Then again....too much is never enough! *LoL* so true!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

That's so cool suzukigrrl! No-buys suck so it must have been quite a cheer-up for you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

That's great!!
smile.gif
Rediscovering stuff rocks (especially when you're on a no-buy!!). I'm actually on one right now until the beginning of December because I've honestly got way too much. It's not so much that I forget about what I own, but I keep getting new stuff and don't use stuff in my stash that I really do like. So why I'm checking out that link to UD lipsticks, I don't know...
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back