Should I buy this??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about buying a VW Beetle from a family friend. It's a 1999, has only 53,000 miles and she's selling it for a great deal. I'd have to get used to driving a stick though and I'm also not totally sure about the fact that it's yellow.
icon_redface.gif

What do you think?? Should I do it?? My station wagon is about ready to die.

beetle_YELLOW_2_big.JPG

Thats cute!!
smile.gif
I love the bugs - in any color... they look good in anything!
wink.gif
But I can't drive stick well either - so that would be my turnoff...
frown.gif

have you looked into buying any other cars? or will you be getting a good deal for it?

Originally Posted by Joyeuux

So I'm thinking about buying a VW Beetle from a family friend. It's a 1999, has only 53,000 miles and she's selling it for a great deal. I'd have to get used to driving a stick though and I'm also not totally sure about the fact that it's yellow.
icon_redface.gif

beetle_YELLOW_2_big.JPG

Bugs RULE, girls dr00L
LOL, I love Vw's anyway you slice them

I love Beetles and Volkswgen in general. I think you would look like a total hottie in this car.

Originally Posted by Marisol I love Beetles and Volkswgen in general. I think you would look like a total hottie in this car. Teehee, nah, you're a hottie!

Hhmmm? My sister-in-law bought one of that same year 3yrs ago and it had a lot wrong with it. She bought it off of a friend of a friend's. Luckly she managed to sell it to someone else right away. Find out why they are selling it. Find out more about bugs that were made in that year. Take the vin number down, and call DMV to see if it's been in any accidents and how many owners it has had. Bugs are great little cars, and look great but keep in mind, that no one ever wants to get rid of a reliable car, especially if it's cute! Don't jump into anything yet, do your homework
wink.gif
Good Luck!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux So I'm thinking about buying a VW Beetle from a family friend. It's a 1999, has only 53,000 miles and she's selling it for a great deal. I'd have to get used to driving a stick though and I'm also not totally sure about the fact that it's yellow.
icon_redface.gif

beetle_YELLOW_2_big.JPG

The yellow is my favorite! (I think they kind of look like Pikachu from that cartoon show) I see them all over SF and Berkeley. The other day there were two of the new bugs right behind each other at a stop light.

very cute car!!.. But it sounds like you'll have to make a lot of changes in order to drive it (even though I hear that driving a stick isn't that difficult)... my concern would be less space (I'm thinking that going from a station wagon to a bug would severely limit the amount of room in the car)... HTH!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux So I'm thinking about buying a VW Beetle from a family friend. It's a 1999, has only 53,000 miles and she's selling it for a great deal. I'd have to get used to driving a stick though and I'm also not totally sure about the fact that it's yellow.
icon_redface.gif

beetle_YELLOW_2_big.JPG

Aw its so cute Joy but you should defo not buy unless you're 150% sure you think its a great deal, you love it etc..

Thanks for all of your feedback everyone!

I took the little guy for a drive and it's surprisingly roomy! It doesn't feel nearly so small once you're inside & there is decent trunk space. I could actually fit my MU chair in the back, which is important since I often have to schlep a lot of crap around for my freelance work.

Getting used to driving a stickshift here in Los Angeles is going to be baptism by FIRE but I've decided to go ahead and get it! I must say, it's one of those cars that just makes you smile to look at it.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back