Shu uemura Eyelash Curler?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a no-name 3$ eyelash curler and I'm very satisfied with it. I wonder what Shu Uemura would have done to my lashes.

One of the girls here described a problem that she has with her eyelashes getting straight again after applying the mascara. Is this connected to the eyelash curler?

Ihave a question, can you get the rubber refills for the Shu curler, I have 2 of them and try other and always return to my shu, I think its in the rubber, I notice it is rounded and it curls instead of crimps or bend the lashes, IMO.

i dont think shu sells the rubber alone, when you buy the curler, it has a spare rubber. so if u use both rubber and wants to replace the 2nd, then you have to buy another new curler, i think.

Originally Posted by MACz.Addict What do you ladies love sooo much about this eye lash curler?
Which eyelash curler have you tried that haven't worked...?

smile.gif

I swear by my shu eyelash curler!!!

wow. i've only tried cheap-o brands. right now, i have the e.l.f. one for $1. haha. it works nice for me. it curls my lashes. then, i apply mascara and my lashes always seem longer. i dont know. maybe i can consider buying a more expensive one and see what the difference is.

I have never used the shu one, but i wanna try it badly! I've heard many of raves about it!! Right now I'm using a plastic curler, it's pink n purple, I think the brand might be Maybelline? I don't remember cause I bought it such a long time ago...n I haven't change the rubber thing one time!
icon_redface.gif
I never have found a metal one that I liked. Has anybody tried a heated eyelash curler? Does Shu Uemura make one of those??

Originally Posted by MACz.Addict What do you ladies love sooo much about this eye lash curler?
Which eyelash curler have you tried that haven't worked...?

smile.gif

Hi,
My friends and colleagues also rave about Kevyn Aucoin's eyelash curler. Shu and Kevyn's curlers are excellent.

I use the Shiseido curlers. Tried the Shu, or the lady at Harvey Nichols did even, and i saw no difference. I think that was largely because i wasn't using them on myself and she was trying to be careful. I love the Shiseido ones.

With the Shu, you can't buy just the refil pad but apparently the Shiseido refils fit perfectly.

i've tried both low and high end and i could definitely tell the difference with my shu (leony sent it to me
smile.gif
). it took literally a second to curl and kept curled all day, also with the help of my mascara. i bought it once before, but returned it. i gave it another shot and i'm glad i did!

Shu regular e/c is fine, but it's not really a big rave here in Japan.

Originally Posted by Leza1121 Hi,
My friends and colleagues also rave about Kevyn Aucoin's eyelash curler. Shu and Kevyn's curlers are excellent.

KA's was voted best curler 2 years in a row!
i also heard shiseido's was better than shu's.

Ditto.

Shiseido e/c got more great reviews than Shu here in Japan.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler.

Well someone is in luck here. If I can do this here?

I have a Extra one I bought I cannot use it. Still in the Box. I bought 2 thinking I would love it.

If someone trust me enough to buy it let me know.

I have graves eye problems and finally found a eyelash curler at Sephora that works great for me. Had to wait and wait for it though.

Originally Posted by javariah I use the Shiseido curlers. Tried the Shu, or the lady at Harvey Nichols did even, and i saw no difference. I think that was largely because i wasn't using them on myself and she was trying to be careful. I love the Shiseido ones.
With the Shu, you can't buy just the refil pad but apparently the Shiseido refils fit perfectly.

I have a Shiseido eyelash curler and wanted the Shu one too. I bought it and it is no different than the Shiseido eyelash curler. I have heard or read somewhere that the reason these eyelash curlers are better than the Maybelline type ones is because they are wider and will fit your eye better. Joy

Has anyone tried the battery operated heated eyelash curler? I work for an eyelash company, and we train people on applying extensions, flares, strips, etc. and we sell this and with extensions it works GREAT, but I haven't tried it on regular lashes. You don't squeeze the lashes at all - you just place it under your lashes and it pushes them outward and upward. Looks nice on my extensions, but wondering if anyone has tried it on natural. Let me know!

I was tired when I post early this morning I have the Shiseido eyelash curlers. For some reason it does not open wide enough for me, for my eyes. That is why I am going to get rid on the Extra one I have.

Oh on that heated eyelash curler I tryed 2 differant ones, and neither worked well for me I was so wishing they would , as you can sit and hold it. My eyelashes do not stay curled easy. It may work great for someone else though. I did like it , it was pretty neat.

I've never gotten the hype of curling eyelashes. I put mascara on mine and they look great. I curl them and they look shorter and I seem to get lashes that like turn downward.. hate it when that happens. I dunno. I'll prolly end up trying the Shu one sometime though since theres so much hype.

to be honest i rarely use an eyelash curler. I do have a cheap one that sucks so maybe thats why. But I don't like when my lashes are too curly because they are long and mascara does the trick. Maybe I should get a good curler so they don't look weird. Because they alway look to curly or something.

Originally Posted by clairey You want to know how ripped off we are on m/u stuff here in Ireland?The Shu curler is €30 ($35.65) here if you buy it in the shops. You can get it for a decent price on eBay, but isn't that awful? It's pretty much double the US price!
icon_eek.gif

Typical! The place is such a rip off
icon_twisted.gif

I have the Shisedo curler and never use it! I'm afraid of eyelash curlers! Before i bought it, i remember enquiring on another board and the majority voted for Shiseido so that's why i bought that particular one
smile.gif

Back