Silk Naturals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
r the review

Originally Posted by ondine /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's not all the eyeshadows that are 1/4 tsp: it seems that it's different for every color for example Aztec costs 3,25 USD for 3/4 tsp, Bare costs 3,75 USD for a full 5g jar, and the one I ordered was 3,50 USD for 1/4 tsp. For some colors she uses a jar with a sifter, for others she doesn't. With some colors you get a sponge applicator, for others you don't.
kopfkratz.gif
tocktock.gif
You only have to read the descrpitions after all, but still, I find this system a little annoying and probably won't order from this company again.
sleepyhead.gif

Thanks for the review! I agree her system (if you can call it a system) seems a little annoying.

Originally Posted by aubriee /img/forum/go_quote.gif r the review
Thanks for the review! I agree her system (if you can call it a system) seems a little annoying.

Karen has fixed the system and all the eye shadows are the same size. I have ordered four eye shadows along with the basic sample kit. I will review once I receive.
Also I got free shipping to Canada.

Yes, I was about to say the same: once she came back she fixed everything on her site, It's much better now.
icon_cheers.gif

I ordered last week and the order was shipped the following day! super fast, I'm still waiting for my brush but that's cause it's got to travel all the way to Europe
biggrin.gif

Ok. I would like to share my experiences about ordering at SilkNaturals. I ordered there because I liked the price of their brushes which are at least 25% cheaper than at other sites and are from the same premium synthetic line. I also decided to try some products from SilkNaturals and I ordered their sample kit, as well as couple of eyeshadows.

What I may say is that the shipping was super fast, I couldn’t believe it’s so fast. The brushes as I expected were superb quality, and I really love a full size kabuki which is just wonderful.

I haven’t tried the eyeshadows yet, but I’m totally in love with the perfecting powder.

I was also surprised to discover a lip gloss and a dait bait powder in a full 10 gram jar which I’ve not ordered. They were just included with my order, and I’m not sure whether it was by mistake or those were gifts. However I tried the lip gloss and I really love it. The color is just perfect for me.

I intend to order more brushes from SilkNaturals, while those are the best prices you can get on this line of brushes (at least I was not able to find them cheaper) and if the perfecting powder is going to work for me I’ll certainly buy a full size.

This powder does something amazing to my face. It blurs my pores and makes my skin look flawless. I used one layer of pampered puss and one layer of cashmere from Lumiere and I used the perfecting powder as a final touch. The makeup stayed on my face all day, with no blotting. My face required some blotting about 15 minutes ago and I put my makeup at 8 am, so it’s nearly 12 hours of a flawless look. I’ll try this again tomorrow and if this effect is permanent this product will be my HG.

thanks for the review agatapas

I have some of that perfecting powder in a sample size, I'll make sure to give it a try soon because you make it sound like a wonderful product and I totally agree with you the kabuki is wonderfully soft

I received my Silk Naturals order. So far I have tried two of the eye shadows. I really like Vanilla and Nakkid. I had ordered two others and will try those tommorrow. I got the basic sample kit and was surprised to really like "Sleep in a jar". I have tried yellow based concealers before and they are YELLOW! This is very subtle and did help my inner blueish eye circles.

The Unred I had used a small amount under my foundation. I am not sure if it does anything. I could not see much of a difference.

I had used Climax blush. This was a bargain at .50 for a sample in a jar. Not sure yet, I have a LOT of blushes (just received 6 in an Aubrey Nicole order last week!) so it does look similar to some that I already have.

I still need to try the finishing powder. I have not got around to mixing foundation. I think I will offer some of the white base for my son for his Halloween costume. He is going to be a vampire.

I recieved my package very fast. I ordered Friday afternoon and received confirmation that it shipped on Sunday.

If you like eye shadows I do suggest trying hers. Very nice quality. I do like Sleep in a jar also. Also as previously mentioned she does have excellent pricing on synthetic brushs. I have similar brushes that I had ordered from other suppliers and they are very soft! Yes, I did pay more.

I did not receive any surprise samples. My little jars were nicely packaged in black drawstring bags that I will reuse as gift bags.

I tried the finishing powders based on some of the reviews here. I must say you were totally right!!! Karen's finishing powders totally give a smooth, natural looking finish. Some FPs look chalky, heavy, or settle in where you don't want them. The Perfecting Powder is my new HG! Thanks for the recs, ladies! I am dying to try more of her shadows, now.

11.gif
I am so excited I received my order in the mail today, that's basically just a week after I've ordered.

I'm dying to try my new flat top brush it feels just as soft and nice as the kabuki. The two blush samples i got were definitely a bargain at 50cts a piece and the colors are just so beautiful I'm very likely to order them full size when I run out. I even got a lipgloss in "darling" color (my favourite) as a gift, Karen if you read this, thanks a bunch
top.gif

can anyone tell me about the staying power of the finishing powder? also, is it good with an oily face? i have trouble finding mmu with good staying power.

I just received my samples and some lippies the other day and WOW, I am impressed. The samples come in 5 gram sifter jars and those jars are full! Lippies I got are Pout and Darling, both pretty pigmented, glossy but not sticky at all. I will be ordering more of those for sure. I'm wearing the Perfecting Powder for the first time today too and I agree w/those that said this is a great FP! It's very finely milled and gives you a completely airbrushed look. I've had mine on for almost 6 hrs. so far today and haven't had to blot at all. I love the fact that there is Silk in all of these products. I will be back for more!

For those of you with more golden undertones, she just added a Warm Golden mixable foundation. She is always adding other cool things, too. She also just added some dupes of MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes. I have not sampled these yet, but am dying to!! Her samples are currently shipping for free to anywhere in the world!!!!!

This site doesn't seem to have any detailed info on what goes into their products. It makes me hesitant to try them, because my skin reacts to makeup and products that have a lot of "junk" in them, like fillers and preservatives and weird chemicals. I prefer Bare Escentuals or Jane Iredale for mineral makeup. You spend a little more, but at least you know you're getting the real thing!

Originally Posted by heidi_n /img/forum/go_quote.gif This site doesn't seem to have any detailed info on what goes into their products. It makes me hesitant to try them, because my skin reacts to makeup and products that have a lot of "junk" in them, like fillers and preservatives and weird chemicals. I prefer Bare Escentuals or Jane Iredale for mineral makeup. You spend a little more, but at least you know you're getting the real thing! List of ingredients for foundation below from her site:
Ingredients (foundation): mica, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, silk powder, magnesium sterate, boron nitride, silica microspheres- and all natural mineral pigments

All other items if you scroll down to the bottom the ingredients are listed.

Personally I prefer not to overpay for MMU with Bismuth O such as BE or Jane Iredale or CovrFx. Lots of brands without Talc or Bismouth are available.

Originally Posted by autumnagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif List of ingredients for foundation below from her site:
Ingredients (foundation): mica, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, silk powder, magnesium sterate, boron nitride, silica microspheres- and all natural mineral pigments

All other items if you scroll down to the bottom the ingredients are listed.

Personally I prefer not to overpay for MMU with Bismuth O such as BE or Jane Iredale or CovrFx. Lots of brands without Talc or Bismouth are available.

Ooops - I might have been on the wrong site - I'm a new user and the link was hidden when I read this thread, so I searched on Silk Naturals and went to the most likely looking website. Thanks for the clarification!

Originally Posted by jward /img/forum/go_quote.gif For those of you with more golden undertones, she just added a Warm Golden mixable foundation. She is always adding other cool things, too. She also just added some dupes of MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes. I have not sampled these yet, but am dying to!! Her samples are currently shipping for free to anywhere in the world!!!!! Thanks for the info jward, i was thinking about giving her blushes (other than climax which i am already deeply in love with) a try, well now is probably a good time to order then
laughing.gif

Just a quick review on the flat top brush i received a few days ago: this thing is great
rockwoot.gif
just as soft as the full size kabuki I bought from her too, seriously now I'm almost looking forward to going to work in the morning because I have to put on makeup with those brushes!!

IMO she has some of the nicest pinks! I love her blushes!! I just ordered samples of the few I haven't tried yet. I also noticed on the sample kit for the Warm Gold foundation that she has a salmon concealer. I'm hoping to give that a try along with a few of the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish dupes. I just love that she makes the fun colors in a way that my sensitive skin can handle them, and for a much more reasonable price!

Originally Posted by jward /img/forum/go_quote.gif IMO she has some of the nicest pinks! I love her blushes!! I just ordered samples of the few I haven't tried yet. I also noticed on the sample kit for the Warm Gold foundation that she has a salmon concealer. I'm hoping to give that a try along with a few of the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish dupes. I just love that she makes the fun colors in a way that my sensitive skin can handle them, and for a much more reasonable price! I have only tried Climax blush. What other blushes have you tried? I am PPP, green eyes, blonde.
I also want to try the Mac MSF.

I have tried Climax, Wish You Were Here, Sassy, Flirt, Foxxy, and Rich. My faves (other than Climax, of course) are Sassy and Wish You Were Here (the beachie coral shimmer one-it is a shimmery pinky peach). Sassy is a nice matte peach. Flirt is alot like Climax without the shimmer, but it is just a bit plummier. Rich is like Sassy but with a gold glitter. Foxxy is a nice pink shimmer. Her descriptions and pics are all pretty accurate. I am afraid to try the cooler pinks, but probably will at some point. I think the warmer pinks work for most. Sassy and WYWH would probably both be a great for your coloring as well as the cool pinks. I am light/med. with dark hair, dark eyes. If you question which to try, shoot Karen an e-mail. I bet she'd have great recs.

jward, I haven't seen on the silk naturals website the salmon concealer you were talking about. Could you show it to me ?
wink.gif

I've ordered samples sunday and they are already shipped. I am so excited about trying them out, oh god ! I'll probably order the BB dupes, 3 or 4 more eyeshadows, one or two blushes and maybe a lipgloss (is birthday suit really good ? does somebody have any pic ?) next month. Oh and the double-ended eye shadow brush too. This company seems so great
biggrin.gif

I can't post links, yet (I think), but if you look in the Sample Kit for the Warm Gold foundation, the salmon concealer is mentioned there. I ordered a sample over the weekend and I think she sent one. (You order a certain number of samples in the cart, and specify what you want in the comments box).

The Birthday Suit is lovely. It is a nice sheer nude color. I have to agree, their products are all very nice and currently among my favorites.

Back